IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 2 ~ The New HSC ~ Defender (Game 1)

Vocelli

I could of gone further but my annoying brother wouldn't stop changing the channel unless I lost all my lives and threatened to turn the atari off if I called dad. He STINKS!!! Now I have to play even more Defender...

I don't care about bonus. The inflation in points makes them worth a little less. I just want to get to at least spot 10 this year.

post-36358-0-30858800-1394477721_thumb.jpg

Edited by Botbird208
  • Like 3

Wonderful score bot, I will get there some day haha, how many hours did that take?

Geez... I was taking the really safe route and just hid under the city for all my humans to get captured so I could go into the mutant wave. This works best in the later levels. My brother kept calling me a pussy and told me to "play like a man." What an idiot.

Playing regular takes about 2 hours to roll, while playing the way I did takes 3 and a half. The run I had last night lasted a little over 2 hours, so you can imagine how mad I was when he discovered what the channel switch on my atari did.

Geez... I was taking the really safe route and just hid under the city for all my humans to get captured so I could go into the mutant wave. This works best in the later levels. My brother kept calling me a pussy and told me to "play like a man." What an idiot.

Really, that's different... I play the opposite, or the "mans way" haha. I avoid mutant waves as much as possible, I only encounted 2 mutant waves of my 200ks score.

I do better trying to keep the cities safe, or at least gaurd about 1 to 3 person/s, until they refill. Many people get sucked up before I can even get to them!

Now I wonder do I keep increasing score, or do I wait for the bonus weekend? :ponder:

This should keep me near the top of the board until the 15th. This is a game in progress score, but we can pretend like I died and then played all 160 waves again to roll it... :D :P

I rarely get a mutant wave these days. The hold a human trick works too well. I don't think I had a single mutant wave after wave 99 this time around.

:spidey:

post-409-0-64993000-1394497921_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I feel as though at some point getting your humans back is impossible. I find the mutant waves very easy.

Also, all the pods and UFO'S always screw me over. I know the back and forth trick, but the regular aliens just get in my way. With my way, I lose a life about once every 100k if my bro isnt around.

Edited by Botbird208
  • Like 1

I thought rolling it actually took me about 5 hours. but maybe it just seemed longer than it was, I didn't time it. I admit I don't have very good technique, just ability to stay alive if necessary!

getting better at wall defender, not getting as many bad hit-detection misses. not sure why

Wall Defender, a battle with Random Death. Sometimes you get lucky.

WallDefender999999half.jpg

You don't have to worry about getting in quick with your screenshot, the score just stops at 999,999 and the game keeps going.

How did you get so far? When i scored 600,000+ the game just ended, i didnt die. I thought it must have been the end because the 6 aliens on the bottom of the screen where all alike, like it was the end of the levels or something :?

How did you get so far? When i scored 600,000+ the game just ended, i didnt die. I thought it must have been the end because the 6 aliens on the bottom of the screen where all alike, like it was the end of the levels or something icon_confused.gif

I had exactly the same experience the first time I passed 600,000. Still alive: just no more aliens coming. Game over. I thought that the 999,999 score mentioned in the manual must only be achievable by hitting every alien.

I think what happens is a limit to the number of waves the game will throw at you with just one wall remaining. My frozen game ended after about five or six rounds of survival with one wall.

In my two subsequent games I was regularly getting my second or third walls back, and that seems to reset the wave limit. I could play on to the rollage.

• Like 1

Wall Defender 746221

post-34560-0-80380300-1394576297_thumb.png

ok I take it back I wasn't getting better, just getting lucky. i think those misses are just random.

@dark aleph -- do you know what makes the walls come back? is it just chance or can you earn extra walls in some way. I also don't understand why sometimes my last wall gets destroyed in one hit, other times it can take successive damages before breaking.

i like Wall Defender but it does seem kind of unfinished.