IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 2 ~ The New HSC ~ Defender (Game 1)

Vocelli

AHHAHAHAAHSDF DAOIFJASODFJAS WTF!!!!!!!!! I usually always cap a screen when my score is higher. This isn't even as high as I want it, I was on a roll, and accidentally pulled the cord a bit and the Atari dropped and the cart popped out of the damn thing. Luckily I remember my score as soon as it happened. Don't worry, if I have more time, this will be higher.

• Like 2

Not sure, but this might be a personal best. Played it a lot as a kid, but never had the patience to get past the programming quirks and score much more than my kids have been/will be posting this competition... Breaking 100K was my personal goal for this second week, as I ramp back into competition. The HSC has exploded in number and skill since last I was a presence here!

Not sure if I have the wherewithall to roll this one, but I sense that I could, with time...

post-29468-0-80613800-1394688267_thumb.jpg

Edited by DT Kofoed
  • Like 3

Defender: 34000

Wall Defender: 26353

No picture because my dad is lazy. I did not enjoy Wall Defender as much as Defender, but it was okay. :)

Welcome back, Darth! Have Fun!! :thumbsup:

Hello to Daddy DT as well!! :)

Edited by Gorfy
  • Like 1

Nothing spectacular but a quick game off the bat to get on the board and set myself a benchmark. I have plans of a throwing a sick day off work as i am starting to feel Atari sick (home sick) haha. Can't be missing out on me all time favorites from childhood now can i ;).

Anyway enough jibba jabba 45,100

post-30687-0-53612100-1394724107_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Gave Wall Defender another go:

I have to say, since this one was new to me, that I really Want to like it. I do like its general concept and design. But, I keep wanting to skip through the middle of the structure to get to the other side (nope! now you're hung up), and there is decided wonkiness around the corners (sure, the innermost level is easiest to maneuver... nope! now your whole playfield is corners! Bwa-Ha-Ha!). I don't believe I have ever said this before, but this game really would work best with the never-used Driving Controller. Give me some Tempest-style psycho-spinning mayhem any day! I do think I'll give this company's other games a whirl sometime. I'm really not sure how they skipped my notice before.

Also, playing this with the kids was awesome, because we spent the whole time trying to figure out just what the heck bad guys actually are supposed to be? Weird ass sprite work going on here... must be European...

post-29468-0-89683600-1394768472_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I have to say, since this one was new to me, that I really Want to like it. I do like its general concept and design. But, I keep wanting to skip through the middle of the structure to get to the other side (nope! now you're hung up)...

Also, playing this with the kids was awesome, because we spent the whole time trying to figure out just what the heck bad guys actually are supposed to be? Weird ass sprite work going on here... must be European...

really! and couldn't they have made it so when your wall gets destroyed, the game continues right there, as long as you get back into the next wall. I always feel kind of ripped off when this happens and I can't move around in the next wall and no more aliens come 'til it restarts! not a very smooth transition... but I keep craving to play again the next day, and so I'm enjoying Wall Defender, and then -- CRAP! what a rip off! I shot that bastard!! I got robbed! game over, no fair & I'm once again temporarily finished for good with Wall Defender.

I was trippin' about the aliens too... and I just got robbed at about 480K

really! and couldn't they have made it so when your wall gets destroyed, the game continues right there, as long as you get back into the next wall. I always feel kind of ripped off when this happens and I can't move around in the next wall and no more aliens come 'til it restarts! not a very smooth transition... but I keep craving to play again the next day, and so I'm enjoying Wall Defender, and then -- CRAP! what a rip off! I shot that bastard!! I got robbed! game over, no fair & I'm once again temporarily finished for good with Wall Defender.

I was trippin' about the aliens too... and I just got robbed at about 480K

Totally agree here. I actually thought I was doing well and thought I could roll this, but constantly when I hit 200k+ my shots go right through the big aliens and it is game over because there isn't enough time to fire again (they go through the small ones too, but those don't instantly destroy a wall).

I also experienced the bug where you no longer get big aliens, but also the enemies just stop coming.