IGNORED

Vectrex gaming system sealed question

Atari2600Lives

The price for a factory sealed Vectrex varies based on box condition, time of year, and who knows what else. In the last year I've seen them sell from $300-$700 for a sealed system with nothing else. I bought one last year for $350 shipped with the sealed box in excellent condition and very little shelf wear.

There's always one or two listed for $900 or more on eBay, but those seem to be unsold and relisted monthly.

Wow Akator, you had a Vectrex shipped that wasn't drop-kicked in transit? Now *that's* extremely rare! :lol:

:D Truer words have rarely been spoken

[edit] It only arrived intact because a factory sealed Vectrex will not fit into a bubbalope ;) [/edit]

Edited by akator
  • Like 1

I have a Vectrex gaming system that is in boxed sealed .

how much is the going rate for something like that? its har dot research it as it is so hard to find one that has never been opened.

There was a guy selling them BNIB on eBay for a while, don't think they went for more than $600 but I could be wrong. Prices went down as he kept listing more and more systems, but I haven't seen him list any in a while. I picked up a brand new spare vectrex for a case swap with a vectrex with a damaged case from him.

Edited by TMOSteel

There was a guy (company) selling them BNIB in the newgroups for a bit many years ago. Also on eBay and other places. Some of those early sales migrated back to eBay from people flipping them.

The highest I have seen a sealed one go for is $2K [uSD] But that was unusual! Also more than a few years back.

A sealed, no-buzz would go for more than average. What's your serial number?

A factory sealed Bandai Vectrex might actually fetch $2K or more.

Each would fetch more if it came with the brown single-unit overbox, or the large multi-unit box found on palette shipments.

A bunch have come up on eBay in the last few years. One vendor in the midwest sold several in the $300-$600 range if I rrecall. One guy most recently had one up that was from that lot that he sold for something on the upper end of that range. I do want one that is confidently sealed.