IGNORED

Grading the SGM So Far

VectorGamer

• 4 weeks later...

But then I would have to ruin the label to get to the two screws in order to open it. Thank heavensI decided to accept the label as is instead of waiting for the improved label.

i receive my sgm from eduardo and unfortlunately the led was not working ed offer me to return it to him but since the module work perfectly i decide to open it and replace the led by a blue one

015B90B6-B14F-4F20-9D09-07F6AD02975F.jpg

• Like 4

i receive my sgm from eduardo and unfortlunately the led was not working ed offer me to return it to him but since the module work perfectly i decide to open it and replace the led by a blue one

015B90B6-B14F-4F20-9D09-07F6AD02975F.jpg

Don't try this at home kids, or you are going to void your warranty...

so no replacement sticker for me ??? i was lucky to remove it without destroying it by the way i saw inside great work ed

I specifically told you to send your module back. By opening and modifying the module you voided the warranty, and I am pretty sure you were aware of that. The fact you requested your module to be shipped without the nameplate in place suggests me there was never a problem with the LED in the first place. So yeah, no replacement sticker...

i have no problem with the fact that i void the warranty in the first message i wrote that you offer me to send it back to you and it was my choice to open the sgm but the sgm led was not working for real.

i wanted to be ship with no sticker beacause any way i will open the sgm to see inside... did nt try to get it back to you or my money back from ebay..

the module work perfectly the shipping was fast thank you its a great product

when i will receive my second run sgm i will not open it and keep my warranty

Edited by chart45

• 10 months later...

Bumping this thread after almost a year.

I think the SGM has been a disappointment thus far: people not receiving their SGMs in a timely fashion, Eduardo disappearing all the time and a miniscule amount of games being written for the module.

Back when I bought this module I had the impression that we would have a steady stream of arcade quality games being released for it. I would have thought by now I would be playing Donkey Kong Arcade.

I think the SGM has been a disappointment thus far: people not receiving their SGMs in a timely fashion, Eduardo disappearing all the time and a miniscule amount of games being written for the module.

Back when I bought this module I had the impression that we would have a steady stream of arcade quality games being released for it. I would have thought by now I would be playing Donkey Kong Arcade.

there ´s no game because the amount of sgm if there are 200 sgm i got 2 and im not alone if you publish a game for the sgm dont mean all the owner of sgm will buy it ... you will sell what 75 copies of the game and with the news that ed will maybe refund the 2 run if he cant deliver.... nobody that dont own a sgm will buy a game they will never be able to play

so we are all stuck but there is a chance with 5-11 1.2 board and maybe a sgm clone from him...

I would have thought by now I would be playing Donkey Kong Arcade.

We all thought that.

Those of us who don't own an Adam did get to play Dragon's Lair though.

Goonies and Twin Bee are pretty impressive MSX ports.

I feel that the ColecoVision finally has a "Metroid" with Goonies.

Galaga was truly perched to be a killer app, but had a rocky start to it.

The SGM was kind of a three piece puzzle. MSX ports, Adam games, and Arcade style games. Without DKA, it falls flat of expectations.

Without SGMs being shipped out, it just falls flat.

With prices you guys had put in the SGM , if you could have bought a MSX and games ... you would play the same games (except the ADAM ports) and lot of more.

As i said numerous time

MSX are not so expensive even if you buy them from U.S. including shipping port and if necessary power adaptator for your country.

You can find relativly easly good MSX machines between 20 to 80 USD , to that you have to add shipping cost that could be more than the machine, but if you compare to SGM price including shipping you will be less or same level. Of course some are lot of more expensive, but to just play games you don't need those ones.

a SGM without exclusive Title has no interest at all for me except if you collect nice packaging :)

Edited by youki

I think the amount of games available is pretty big:

* Dragon's Lair.

* Zaxxon Supergame.

* King's Valley.

* Thexder

* Buck Rogers Supergame.

* Subroc Supergame.

* The Goonies.

* Twinbee.

* Rollerball.

* Galaga.

Not requiring it but with sound enhanced if SGM used:

* Mecha-8.

Upcoming (from Team Pixelboy site):

* Ghostbusters

* Stone of Wisdom

* Spelunker

* Space Shuttle.

• Like 1

Since there's no guarantee that we will get the SGM, I kind of panicked a little bit and recently purchased a mint condition in box Mecha-8 . The reason for that is it's been said that the re-release of these games are dependent on us receiving the super game modules from Eduardo. Since this game can be played without it, I went ahead and bought it from a seller. May be my favorite game all time for my ADAM. Never having played Thexder, that may change once we can purchase the re-release of that game from Luc.

• Like 1

Thexder is excellent. I think it might even work on certain adams too but without sound.

You would definately like it. Try it in an emulator if you can't get a copy yet.

Since there's no guarantee that we will get the SGM, I kind of panicked a little bit and recently purchased a mint condition in box Mecha-8 . The reason for that is it's been said that the re-release of these games are dependent on us receiving the super game modules from Eduardo. Since this game can be played without it, I went ahead and bought it from a seller. May be my favorite game all time for my ADAM. Never having played Thexder, that may change once we can purchase the re-release of that game from Luc.

• Like 1

Thexder is excellent. I think it might even work on certain adams too but without sound.

You would definately like it. Try it in an emulator if you can't get a copy yet.

Awesome, my ADAM would be one of those. I will definitely wait for Luc to release this one again since I need the SGM for sound. Honestly, I'd rather give Luc the money for these games. In the meantime I can follow yours and Lucs advise and try the MSX version of it.

Edited by rey_1178

With prices you guys had put in the SGM , if you could have bought a MSX and games ... you would play the same games (except the ADAM ports) and lot of more.

As i said numerous time

MSX are not so expensive even if you buy them from U.S. including shipping port and if necessary power adaptator for your country.

You can find relativly easly good MSX machines between 20 to 80 USD , to that you have to add shipping cost that could be more than the machine, but if you compare to SGM price including shipping you will be less or same level. Of course some are lot of more expensive, but to just play games you don't need those ones.

a SGM without exclusive Title has no interest at all for me except if you collect nice packaging :)

This is why I never got a SGM. I already had a MSX 2+ so it seemed redundant. I might consider one if more new original games get developed but right now it basically seems like an expensive MSX adapter. Even the ADAM games aren't of any use to me since I already have an ADAM. :(