IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Went 0-2 with nothing to do? We got you! LOCATION TEST for PROJECT NEON from @FULLSET_Collect at our South Bay Masher Event May 18th, Saturday Starts at 4pm PST What system? SNK's NEO GEO MVS. Yeah, you heard right. Prized challenge for this game will be announced soon also which you can win either an AES or MVS copy of this game. We believe you have to complete the game without dying once? Yeah, it's not easy, but the challenge is there for those hard-core shmup fans. The game developer will be there in-person, so swing on by if you have any questions on pricing, availability and how the game is overall. #neogeo #projectneon #shmup

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

令サム商品 【プロローグ絵ミニ色紙】 約 W154mm × H104mm 全28種 各 税込 1パック ¥550 ブラインド販売 BOX ¥15,400 コンプリート 立てば芍薬、座れば牡丹、 色紙の姿も鶴の如し。 表示価格より40%OFFの Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 終了まで あと7日 #BGMT
Translated from Japanese by
 Rei Sam Products  [Prologue illustration mini color paper] Approx. W154mm x H104mm All 28 types   each tax included  1 pack ¥550 Blind sale   BOX ¥15,400 Complete  Standing like a peony, sitting like a peony, The shape of the colored paper is also like a crane.  40% off the listed price Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  7 days left until the end  #BGMT

GNWt3tzaAAEOG0j?format=jpg&name=small

GNWt3ttaQAAk_EL?format=jpg&name=360x360

GNWt3tubcAAruuC?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

KOF XIII GM商品 「ボディが」 「左右に揺れるぜ!」 【ゆらゆらアクリルキーホルダー】 全6種 ¥990(税込) ブラインド販売 今すぐ ゆらゆらアクキー買いにきな! 30秒以内でな! 表示価格より40%OFFの Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 終了まで あと7日 #BGMT
 KOF XIII GM products  "The body." "Swaying from side to side!"   [Swaying Acrylic Keychain] All 6 types   ¥990 (tax included) Blind sales  Come buy your swaying acrylic keychain now! Within 30 seconds!  40% off the listed price Half Anniversary Thanks Sale  7 days left until the end  #BGMT
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GNXDPUta4AAn_0t?format=jpg&name=small

GNXDPUsa8AEgevF?format=jpg&name=360x360

GNXDPUrasAAvCji?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

KOF XIII GM商品 最高峰のデザイン 【KOF XIII is back ロングスリーブTシャツ】 ブラック/ホワイト M〜XXL 各種¥5,940(税込) この一着こそてめェの生き甲斐 血のたぎりが冷めない逸品 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 今月19日(日)まで開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
 KOF XIII GM products  Top-notch design   [KOF XIII is back long sleeve T-shirt] Black/White M-XXL   ¥5,940 (tax included) This outfit is my reason for living  A masterpiece that will get your blood boiling  Half Anniversary Thanks Sale On until the 19th (Sunday) of this month  40% OFF the listed price  #BGMT

GNSCPmjbIAATp92?format=jpg&name=small

GNSCPmiaYAA3jna?format=jpg&name=small

GNSCPmja8AAqsg1?format=jpg&name=small

GNSCPmiasAAllKV?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Went 0-2 with nothing to do? We got you! LOCATION TEST for PROJECT NEON from @FULLSET_Collect at our South Bay Masher Event May 18th, Saturday Starts at 4pm PST What system? SNK's NEO GEO MVS. Yeah, you heard right. Prized challenge for this game will be announced soon also which you can win either an AES or MVS copy of this game. We believe you have to complete the game without dying once? Yeah, it's not easy, but the challenge is there for those hard-core shmup fans. The game developer will be there in-person, so swing on by if you have any questions on pricing, availability and how the game is overall. #neogeo #projectneon #shmup

Anthony..

I’ve been looking forward to this game for a while!! Supported the kickstarter before they pulled it then preordered on their site. I got no problem turning my pelco on its side

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

It’s time to play some Art of Fighting 3!

I'm gonna have to get more fighting games for my NEO-GEO CD, I only own Samurai Spirits II. Which ones are the best, in your opinion? I don't think I'll get ALL the King of Fighters games. They must have released one every year!😂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I'm gonna have to get more fighting games for my NEO-GEO CD, I only own Samurai Spirits II. Which ones are the best, in your opinion? I don't think I'll get ALL the King of Fighters games. They must have released one every year!😂 

I recommend Art of Fighting 3, Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser, Kubuki Klash, Ranagard Shinoken, King of Fighters 96, King of Fighters 98, Double Dragon, and Aggressors of Dark Combat. These are the more unique and original fighters on the system.

They released a KOF game every year, so some are better (like the ones I suggested) and others (i.e. KOF 97) not so much.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Last Blade 1 and 2 are fantastic weapon based fighters. The artwork in the game is amazing. Karnovs Revenge is a bit less known but a good game in my opinion. Not a top tier fighter but I think it's a solid title. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vidiot1981 said:

The Last Blade 1 and 2 are fantastic weapon based fighters. The artwork in the game is amazing. Karnovs Revenge is a bit less known but a good game in my opinion. Not a top tier fighter but I think it's a solid title. 

I forgot about Karnov’s Revenge! Yes, it is a great fighter to say the very least. I have it on MVS, but not CD. Maybe I should hunt down a copy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I recommend Art of Fighting 3, Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser, Kubuki Klash, Ranagard Shinoken, King of Fighters 96, King of Fighters 98, Double Dragon, and Aggressors of Dark Combat. These are the more unique and original fighters on the system.

They released a KOF game every year, so some are better (like the ones I suggested) and others (i.e. KOF 97) not so much.

Ranagard Shinoken. Is that the one with the 3d rendered graphics?

• Like 2

Been playing some Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move this evening. Love this puzzle game, really addictive!

I prefer setting my console region to Japanese to play this one, as I personally think the intro screen/presentation and title is better...

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

• Like 3

I've noticed some, quite significant graphical differences playing NEO-GEO CD games with my console set to Japanese as appose to PAL.

Samurai spirits II, blood Japanese. Metal Slug 1 and 2 also blood Japanese region. Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move, title screen.

Is there a comprehensive list of games with graphical differences played on different regions? 🤔

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vidiot1981 said:

So true Vidio. I made sure to have The Last Blade 1 and 2 in the collection. What fantastic games they are during the later part of the Neo-Geo's software span :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

If a guys gonna own 2 fighters on the neo you can’t go wrong with Sam Showdown 2 and Fatal Fury Special

I second that Matt. Can't go wrong with Samurai Shodown 2 and Fatal Fury Special. A must for any gamers collection for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shane857 said:

Been playing some Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move this evening. Love this puzzle game, really addictive!

I prefer setting my console region to Japanese to play this one, as I personally think the intro screen/presentation and title is better...

I love Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move Shane. I remember growing up that I use to whistle the music of the game when I was on my way walking to school and the same coming home.:D

Still love this game and too bad a official AES release was never offered to the public. 😮

Anthony..

• Like 3

I've noticed some, quite significant graphical differences playing NEO-GEO CD games with my console set to Japanese as appose to PAL.

Samurai spirits II, blood Japanese. Metal Slug 1 and 2 also blood Japanese region. Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move, title screen.

Is there a comprehensive list of games with graphical differences played on different regions? 🤔

The graphical differences appear in just about every Neo Geo game. Sometimes it’s the title screen, other times the in-game blood is green (US, Europe) and red (Japan). I don’t believe a list has ever been created to catalog the differences. I would like something like that to exist.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@shane857, since you like weapon-based fighting games, Kabuki Klash will fit the bill. It’s a weapon-based fighter based on a very popular Anime series. You can use your weapons as projectiles and fight barehanded. There’s magic and a giant demon boss named Lucifeller. I highly recommend you buy it for the Neo-Geo CD.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For MVS there is some here http://mvs.arcadebelgium.be/

There’s more for sure for example wrt difficulty:

Aero Fighters 3: Due to a bug, the game is permanently fixed to the hardest difficulty when played on the European BIOS.

Ninja Commando: The Japanese BIOS gives the player two lives, while in the western BIOS, you start with only one.

Strikers 1945 PLUS: The Japanese BIOS starts the player with three lives, while the western BIOS gives you two.

Also (from a thread at the neo-geo.com forum)

“Well put in the Street Hoop CD and set to jap, the game runs in japanese and shows dunk dreams with international teams.
Set the Neo Cd to EUR the game will show up as Street Hoop is in english with international teams.
Set the Neo CD to Us the game will show Street Slam with NBA Teams.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Interesting video. It's in French. But you can set the settings to your preference :)

Merci à @Bigkam_69 pour sa video sur un écran cathodique CRT, ça permet de réellement apprécier la beauté du Pixel Art. Gladmort NeoGeo Aes et Dreamcast : https://kickstarter.com/projects/pixelheart/gladmort?ref=a7wd5u Video Complete : https://youtu.be/JnwCvy7F59I?si=SE7NFf1GUkwPRmfY
Translated from French by
Thanks to @Bigkam_69 for his video on a CRT screen, it allows you to really appreciate the beauty of Pixel Art. Gladmort NeoGeo Aes and Dreamcast: https://kickstarter.com/projects/pixelheart/gladmort?ref=a7wd5u Video Complete: https://youtu.be/JnwCvy7F59I?si=SE7NFf1GUkwPRmfY

Anthony..

• Like 1