IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

@Charlie Cat @shane857

I always confuse this on the CD units. My CDZ comes with a US Power Supply, so should I buy this adapter? Is a step-down converter needed, despite my power supply being US? 

Edit: The answer I receive will determine whether I buy it or not.

Good question Mike. I think that @japangameonline is the best person to ask regarding the question bro. He's also a member here and would be glad to help answer all your inquiries since he knows best for this piece bro. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Good question Mike. I think that @japangameonline is the best person to ask regarding the question bro. He's also a member here and would be glad to help answer all your inquiries since he knows best for this piece bro. :)

Anthony..

Thank you, @Charlie Cat! I just sent him a private message. I’ll let you know when I find out!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Get ready! Another Neo-Geo title will some be announced by Neo Byte Force. The same developers that developed Cyborg Force. :)

From the description,
"A new game from Neo Byte Force ! Neo Geo AES/MVS pre-orders will open from the Neo Byte Force website in June ; in the meantime stay tuned for more news and videos about it! PC, DC and PSP ports should follow soon."

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

From the description,

"A new game from Neo Byte Force ! Neo Geo AES/MVS pre-orders will open from the Neo Byte Force website in June ; in the meantime stay tuned for more news and videos about it! PC, DC and PSP ports should follow soon."

I have seen a few homebrew developers announcing PSP ports for their games, I suppose this will be just an SD card or an online download containing a ROM and an emulator.

2 hours ago, remowilliams said:

Finally doing some overdue work to fix some issues, anyone remember these units?  : D

image.thumb.jpeg.ab413902339661dd1c29a88b2fcaa6fd.jpeg

If nobody told me I wouldn't believe this is a product that was sold for a premium price by the company that currently can be considered the leader in the retro gaming market. But I guess that in 2011 there wasn't a lot of info about how to consolize an MVS, so for some people it might have looked like a good deal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, remowilliams said:

Finally doing some overdue work to fix some issues, anyone remember these units?  : D

Good to see you back with us remo. Hope to have your unit back running like new again bro. if you need any support to help you with the board, please let us know, we are here to help. :)

Anthony..

5 hours ago, M-S said:

I have seen a few homebrew developers announcing PSP ports for their games, I suppose this will be just an SD card or an online download containing a ROM and an emulator.

Good to know M-S. I would like to see what the guys have been up to. Really enjoy there game Cyborg Force and hope they continue to outdo themselves. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSの大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9994 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
Translated from Japanese by
[Notice] A SAMURAI SPIRITS tournament will be held. Please come and participate! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9994 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのSteam版の大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9996 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
[Notice] A tournament for the Steam version of SAMURAI SHODOWN will be held. Please come and participate! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9996 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのXbox Series X|Sによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9995 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
[Notice] A SAMURAI SHODOWN tournament will be held for Xbox Series X|S. Please come along and participate! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9995 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

GNHNklVbMAAg8BJ?format=png&name=small

Anthony..

13 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

@Charlie Cat @shane857

I always confuse this on the CD units. My CDZ comes with a US Power Supply, so should I buy this adapter? Is a step-down converter needed, despite my power supply being US? 

Edit: The answer I receive will determine whether I buy it or not.

I would go with @Charlie Cat's suggestion bro. If your CDZ unit is already working fine thou, I wouldn't think you need a step-down adapter.🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

@remowilliams Good luck with fixing up that PCB, especially one that looks like it had its traces ruined.

Luckily there was no trace damage, even with the shoddy work..

14 hours ago, M-S said:

If nobody told me I wouldn't believe this is a product that was sold for a premium price by the company that currently can be considered the leader in the retro gaming market.

I know right.  Had the inside of that been visible at the time of sales, well.. that would have done it for the 'premium' image.  And consider that image above is after I had already picked off quite a bit of hot glue for testing.

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Good to see you back with us remo. Hope to have your unit back running like new again bro. if you need any support to help you with the board, please let us know, we are here to help. :)

Thanks!  She's back up and running properly now.

Backup RAM replacement was a success, solving those issues.  I also replaced the original badly bodged in battery with a nice new holder.

image.thumb.jpeg.4fb389a508016f074f8f8c85f1508653.jpeg

Next problem was the battery draining at a rate where it'd maybe make it a day or so.  So on to the charging area which is luckily a simple circuit...

Don't have the SMT diodes on hand so used some small through hole.  That made it better, but still not good.

image.thumb.jpeg.f726a5201ddaff038d6de028ea9da094.jpeg

Last check was C3 and surprise - that little bugger is bad and parasitically draining the battery.

image.thumb.jpeg.6cfdff47e6a72d3722ef4091206045d3.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

@Charlie Cat and @shane857,

I heard back from the person you said to contact, Anthony. He said the CDZ will be fine with the US power supply that was included in my package, so I don’t need a step-down converter. This is good news!!

Excellent Mike. The gentleman is name Antonio. A fantastic member in the community and always glad to see him browse by the thread to see the latest from us. Glad he was to your assistance Mike. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve already told Anthony, so I wanted to tell the thread.

I just reopened my Youtube account after buying a new capture device. To celebrate, I have recorded (and uploaded) a Longplay of Crossed Swords II.

The audio is a little wonky because I was still learning to use the capture device, but I have a handle on it now. Future videos will not sound the same.

Enough talk; enjoy the video! Please like the video and subscribe, please!

(Recorded on REAL hardware!)

@Charlie Cat @shane857

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, remowilliams said:

You're welcome Remo. A pleasure seeing you back on the thread. When I saw you post here, it really made my day. You were with us during the beginning of the early days of the Neo-Geo thread. So glad you came by to share the amazing progress on you done with your Neo-Geo board. Everything looks so neat and professionally done with informative information that will keep for reference with your explanation bro.

Thank you as always for stopping by and seeing you posting away with us on AtariAge to read on what you have to say brother man. Feel free to come by and share more Neo-Geo postings with us, will be thrilled to read them from you. .:thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

The kickstarter for Gladmort is a smashing success as it continues to grow in funds. So Philippe Nguyen  from JoshProd/PixelHeart shared a video for us to thank us for all the support. :)

300% in three days, thanks again to the Dreamcast and NeoGeo community. Here's a short video of our first test on a real console a long time ago. Please support us: https://kickstarter.com/projects/pixelheart/gladmort?ref=a7wd5u

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

The kickstarter for Gladmort is a smashing success as it continues to grow in funds. So Philippe Nguyen  from JoshProd/PixelHeart shared a video for us to thank us for all the support. :)

300% in three days, thanks again to the Dreamcast and NeoGeo community. Here's a short video of our first test on a real console a long time ago. Please support us: https://kickstarter.com/projects/pixelheart/gladmort?ref=a7wd5u

Anthony..

@Charlie Cat, This is great news! Do you know when they will Kickstart/sell the MVS version??

Edit: I’ll even settle for a CD version!

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

I’ve already told Anthony, so I wanted to tell the thread.

I just reopened my Youtube account after buying a new capture device. To celebrate, I have recorded (and uploaded) a Longplay of Crossed Swords II.

The audio is a little wonky because I was still learning to use the capture device, but I have a handle on it now. Future videos will not sound the same.

Enough talk; enjoy the video! Please like the video and subscribe, please!

(Recorded on REAL hardware!)

@Charlie Cat @shane857

Awesome game bro! I have copied versions of Crossed Swords 1 and 2. I intend to buy both originals. Crossed Swords 2 is a NEO-GEO CD exclusive!💪🏻

• Thanks 1