IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back again with Jarrod from Project COE. Today starts the many weeks of Neo-Geo uploads that the kind gentleman is here to entertain us with his witty comments and knowledgeable experience on what he does best with his channel. Were going to watch Spinmaster that he will be playing on his Analogue Interactive CMVS unit.

I can rest assure the video game community that you will be satisfied with the overall results and be glad that you stayed with Jarrod watching his videos that he shared with us! Enjoy! :)

Anthony...

Can't wait to see all the videos, they are always of top quality and like you said very informative! I am sure they will be quite entertaining!!! Happy Gaming!!!

-Aaron

• Like 2

Hi guys,

This morning we have a gamer by the name of saigaincat, that did a nice run with Metal Slug. for the MVS. The kind sir does enjoy the Neo-Geo and has a passion for what he does. If you can spare a moment of your time. Take a look at his channel. He does have plenty of videos that can spark your interest. Notably with the Dragon Quest series! :)

Anthony...

Thanks,

I sincerely thank you again Anthony for posting this on the forum, please excuse the horrible lag in parts of the videos due to poor internet connection-also Twitch forced the video into 4 separate videos! Thanks again for all the support to everybody on the forum and especially to Anthony!!!

-Aaron

You're welcome Aaron. :)

Thank you for taking the time and energy on streaming these videos and doing your 1 credit runs on your channel. Also, much obliged for being a member to the Atariage forums and participating on the Neo-Geo thread.

Keep up the good work my friend. Looking forward to seeing more from you! :thumbsup: :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

The Neo-Geo X has been receiving plenty of bad press since it was distributed. In fact, its the most detested system in the Neo-Geo platform to exist to this day in the community! However, some will disagree on the actions of many that will defend the unit and point the positives on what it has to offer.

So this afternoon, we have a gamer by the name of Sam from, "Sam's Game Room" that begs to differ with the majority. Sam will give us his personal review on why the Neo-Geo X is the opposite and we should reconsider with this handheld by giving it a second chance!

And I can say, its quite impressive to what he had to mention to say the least! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxynW2sZ3o

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Flo Flow NG with another cool looking customized CMVS unit out of a briefcase! This's his most fascinating unit that he built to date. Of course had made other cool looking units similar to this one. But this will be the cream of the croup for the fellow! :-D

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Back once more with Ronnie at White Boy Gaming. This afternoon he will be doing a playthough with Sengoku 3 for the arcades. The final installment from the series which was also the last title from the original SNK before it went into receivership due to under-financing from Aruze during that time period!

Thank you again Ronnie.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

I thought this was really cool. An arts & crafts project of a Neo-Geo arcade machine using recyclable cardboard! I can relate to this because I did one similar when I was in elementary school when I was in the third grade. Nice to take a trip down memory lane to recall doing something like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9jEafyHkYc

Anthony...

• Like 1

For the last couple nights the wife and I have been playing puzzle de pon. I really like how the ceiling doesn't drop on this one vs what happens in puzzle bobble. I don't believe either of us have seen arrow or star balls in 2-player mode (I know I haven't). Puzzle bobble was the only game that came with my MVS cabinet way back when, so we both have pretty fond memories of playing it.

I tried getting her into magical drop 3 once, but it was a bit too frantic for her (and generally for me too). Puzzle de pon has a nice deliberate pace where not making mistakes is far more important than being fast.

oh and sengoku arrived but really didn't do it for me. I think I only got two or three credits out of it before I put something better in.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

For the last couple nights the wife and I have been playing puzzle de pon. I really like how the ceiling doesn't drop on this one vs what happens in puzzle bobble. I don't believe either of us have seen arrow or star balls in 2-player mode (I know I haven't). Puzzle bobble was the only game that came with my MVS cabinet way back when, so we both have pretty fond memories of playing it.

I tried getting her into magical drop 3 once, but it was a bit too frantic for her (and generally for me too). Puzzle de pon has a nice deliberate pace where not making mistakes is far more important than being fast.

oh and sengoku arrived but really didn't do it for me. I think I only got two or three credits out of it before I put something better in.

That's great to read that you were enjoying yourselves Reaper. Glad you had quality time with your wife playing Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Aaron from aaronglassicgamer. This afternoon, he's with a buddy playing a fun co-op match in Super Dodge Ball. Love this game when I used to play it in Dairy Queen with my brother growing up. I'm sure if you're going to begin playing this title for the first time, you'll enjoy it just as much! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4AmJXU0xPI

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, were back with Leftover Culture Review doing another great Neo-Geo game from the library. The great man from down under, will be explaining Ninja Commando for the NGCD. Another entertaining review from the kind chap that never fails to amaze us with his informative videos. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with Aaron from aaronglassicgamer. This afternoon, he's with a buddy playing a fun co-op match in Super Dodge Ball. Love this game when I used to play it in Dairy Queen with my brother growing up. I'm sure if you're going to begin playing this title for the first time, you'll enjoy it just as much! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4AmJXU0xPI

Anthony...

Thanks again Anthony,

I wanted to thank you again for posting my link to my latest Gaming with a Buddy episode from YouTube!!!! I just recorded the 1 Credit game of Metal Slug 6 on the Atomiswave-Actual Hardware!!!!! So I will post that here, please check back on the YouTube channel! Keep in mind the video will not be available to view until probably 2:00pm EST on 11/15/15 due to it is still uploading though here is the link. Enjoy everybody and Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

https://youtu.be/vPTzvSGybGc

Edited by aaronclassicgamer
  • Like 1

Thanks again Anthony,

I wanted to thank you again for posting my link to my latest Gaming with a Buddy episode from YouTube!!!! I just recorded the 1 Credit game of Metal Slug 6 on the Atomiswave-Actual Hardware!!!!! So I will post that here, please check back on the YouTube channel! Keep in mind the video will not be available to view until probably 2:00pm EST on 11/15/15 due to it is still uploading though here is the link. Enjoy everybody and Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

https://youtu.be/vPTzvSGybGc

You're welcome Aaron. Thank you for sharing them with the community. I just finished watching your one credit playthough of Metal Slug 6 for the Atomiswave and it was another great run as usual! :) Keep up the great work. Were all looking forward on seing more from you!

From Aaron's description,

"So I am going to play a game of Metal Slug 6 on my brand spanking new Atomiswave! This is the Japanese version of the game but there is no blood in any version, sigh! Anyway feast your eyes on some super sharp visuals due to the VGA out on the board! I play a 1 credit game as is my norm, I'll post this to the Neo Geo forums on Atariage.com for everyone's convenience. Sit back and drink a brew with me as I play a 1 credit game as Ralf from Ikari Warriors fame!!! Happy Gaming!!!!

Description:Once more, the presence of General Morden looms over the world. Marco Rossi and Tarma Roving of the Peregrine Falcon unit and Eri Kasamoto and Fio Germi of SPARROWS are ordered to investigate, and they are joined by two new allies named Ralf Jones and Clark Still. Together, they proceed into the mountains where Morden's Rebel Army has established an outpost. After destroying their latest war machine in a long hillside battle, the soldiers confront Morden and discover that he has rebuilt his alliance with the Martians. However, it is revealed that the Martians themselves are being invaded and eaten by the insect-like Venusians and they have turned to Morden for help.

As the Venusians invade Earth's cities, the soldiers fight them off and chase them into the desert, where the Venusian Queen has established a nest. With help from the Rebels, they rescue the captured Martians and succeed in destroying the Queen."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Flo Flow NG with another cool looking customized CMVS unit out of a briefcase! This's his most fascinating unit that he built to date. Of course had made other cool looking units similar to this one. But this will be the cream of the croup for the fellow! :-D

Anthony...

This is awesome, it's unbelievable how people keep reimagining how to make a CMVS! Way too cool!!!

-Aaron

• Like 1

This is awesome, it's unbelievable how people keep reimagining how to make a CMVS! Way too cool!!!

-Aaron

Your.re right Aaron. Amazing what can be done with these CMVS units people create. If you really want a real WOW moment, this a look at this unit I posted back on the thread!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey Neo Geo fans, Harolds latest vid is up on youtube covering Burning Fight. Check it out :)

Hi Harold,

Welcome aboard the Neo-Geo thread and much obliged for enlisting as a new member to the Atariage.com forums. :)

Enjoy your time here and partake in the many discussions that the Neo-Geo thread has to offer. Your always welcome to explore our previous pages to conduct research for yourself to help you make more fantastic Neo-Geo videos in the future.

As always, keep up the great work. looking forward to more postings from you. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz made an announcement on its Facevook page for Neo-Geo developers to help add audio for your independent developments by downloading an application to do so This will be a quantum leap forward to entourage more and help those that would be interested on making titles for the platform.

https://www.facebook.com/Neobitz/

Attention Neo developers - now you can add audio to your game projects. I've decided to make Neo Sound Builder available to the other developers out there. You can download a copy of this application from here:

http://www.neobitz.com/downloads/NeoSoundBulder_beta_v11.zip

Keep in mind that this is a beta version but it's what we used for Knight's Chance. I've got more updates planned for future versions, but for now, this should be enough to get you started.

12234899_1093044660720419_25889318970688

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmm. Well, I took an ebay chance today.

It's a 'red octane' cheapo ps1 arcade controller. That looks pretty good for a 'player 2' or backup controller, and amazingly it only retailed for an affordable $60 when new. Buying one of these and gutting it for a neo geo project makes good sense, especially when I was already on the hunt for another MAS stick...which would have cost more and I'd still want to gut it too.

Going along with its low price, seems to be a lack of t-molding, unfortunately. Button layout is also a bit odd. That said, there are some parts of its design that I think I like more than my current MAS stick (granted I haven't even handled this case yet).

It looks like mods of this stick seem to go pretty well (link).

UL7ayFv.jpg

tOQC9Ix.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmm. Well, I took an ebay chance today.

It's a 'red octane' cheapo ps1 arcade controller. That looks pretty good for a 'player 2' or backup controller, and amazingly it only retailed for an affordable $60 when new. Buying one of these and gutting it for a neo geo project makes good sense, especially when I was already on the hunt for another MAS stick...which would have cost more and I'd still want to gut it too.

Going along with its low price, seems to be a lack of t-molding, unfortunately. Button layout is also a bit odd. That said, there are some parts of its design that I think I like more than my current MAS stick (granted I haven't even handled this case yet).

It looks like mods of this stick seem to go pretty well (link).

WOW...Nice pick up Reaper! :thumbsup: One of these days we have to see you action with this joystick! :)

Anthony.

Hi guys,

Back again with Jarrod from Projext COE doing his weekly Neo-Geo videos. This Wednesday. Jarrod did a great review and playthrough with Pulstar fot the MVS. One of the best shooters for the Neo-Geo and for the shooting genre in general. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this amazing video from Project COE. :)

Anthony...

As always, thanks for the shout out Anthony. This is one hell of a hard shooter, and I love shooters. This one has also become quite hard to find now-a-days thanks to the supply vs demand. I always tell people, if they can find Pulstar for a decent price, GRAB IT. It pops up so rarely for good prices these days.

• Like 1