IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi Aaron.

Thank you for the upload of Neo Drift Out. One of my favorite MVS racing games that I play with a joystick. I've played this countless times in the arcades and it never fails to amaze me how it stills stands out even with today's standards! Love the intro mucis in the game.

Thank you again as usual. :)

Anthony...

You mention the music, it always pumps me up to play more! Thanks for watching, sorry it took soooooolong to get it posted for the request! I had a little camera issue oh well all fixed now! Thanks again!

-Aaron

Edited by aaronclassicgamer
  • Like 1

You mention the music, it always pumps me up to play more! Thanks for watching, sorry it took soooooolong to get it posted for the request! I had a little camera issue oh well all fixed now! Thanks again!

-Aaron

Yeah, love the intro music Aaron.

The first time I played Neo Drift Out was in a game room in New Jersey in a local pizza parlor that had the volume on their MVS big red blasting! After I finished my ordering, I was concentrating on the music and said to myself, "that has an awesome theme for a game". Since then, the game had more to offer than just music. It turnout to be one spectacular rally racer that made me think that they were able to develop this using just a joystick!

Such a perfect game from A-Z! :)

Anthony...

it always pumps me up to play more! Thanks for watching,

-Aaron

Hi Aaron.

Would you be accepting a few more request in the future from me? I'm a big Neo-Geo sports enthusiast. Would you be interested on doing more sports titles like,

Baseball Stars Professional.

Baseball Stars 2 .

Football Frenzy .

Street Hoop.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Today were back with fellow Atariage member Htaed7. The gentleman is known for his live stream videos that he previously published doing 1 hour+ videos with the Neo-Geo, Atomiswave, and Taito Type X series pertaining to SNK titles for them. If you like to retract on his amazing streams on this thread from the previous pages, you're welcome to do so.

From his description.

Come join us as we head back to The Neo Geo and play the many, many games not covered the first time around. this is arcade bliss at it's best enjoy!
Games featured
In order:
*the Super Spy
*World heroes 2 Jet
*Nam 1975
*NEO Bomberman
*Pulstar
*Blazing Star
*Samurai shodown II (where for some reason, kept repeatedly getting my ass handed to me by charlotte LOL)

Be sure to check in and follow the live streams:

Htaed7-RCT livestreams

UPDATE: as of mid Oct 2015, Schedule is as follows:

Tuesdays: Assertive Aggression: on 7:30pm (UTC -4:00) hitbox.tv/Htaed7

Thusdays: 7:30pm (UTC -400) twitch.tv/htaed7 Retro consoles/emulation (all systems)

Fridays: Upcoming new series on hitbox.tv/Htaed7

Saturdays: 5:30pm (UTC -4:00) Shmups 101 series twitch.tv/htaed7

Sundays: Off/???

With some "last minute"streams in between depending on subject (games) matter. this will also be updated as time goes on. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi Aaron.

Would you be accepting a few more request in the future from me? I'm a big Neo-Geo sports enthusiast. Would you be interested on doing more sports titles like, [/size]

Baseball Stars Professional. [/size]

Baseball Stars 2 .[/size]

Football Frenzy .[/size]

Street Hoop. [/size]

Anthony...[/size]

Sure Anthony,

The Neo Geo has some awesome sports titles, should be fun! Thanks for the ideas!

Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Professor G is with us as always doing original soundtracks for the Neo-Geo.

This morning, were once again listening to another great OST called Street Hoop (aka Dunk Dream & Street Slam). A remarkable game with the music just as equal to the entertainment value despite it was competing with other Basketball games such as, NBA Live 95, Double Dribble: The Playoff Edition, and Jammit in 1994. Amazing work on the voicing on it. Data East truly want to make an everlasting impression on the Neo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKiRE1_UPe8

"Tracklist: [#111]

00:04 - Team Select (Break Down)
00:49 - Beach Court (Funky Beat)
04:22 - Clear (Fine)
04:28 - Park Court (Just 3 on 3)
06:22 - Slam Court (Yo! What's Up)
08:53 - Club Court (Friday Brother)
10:47 - Tournament Court (Body's Power)
13:22 - Continue (Brush Up)
13:34 - Ending & Staff Roll (Magic Time)
15:36 - Naming (Hoop King)
17:24 - Game Over (Over)

Composer: Tatsuya Kiuchi
Developer: Data East
Publisher: Data East

Street Hoop Project Staff
Producer: Iwao Horita
Designer: Atsushi Kaneko
Soft: Mitsutoshi Bono, K. Minegishi, MYA
Graphic: Sinin, Yuzuru Tsukahara, Hiroki Narisawa, Sachiko Miozumi, Kaori
Kazurin Sugar, Endo Chan, Kim, Takayuki Tanaka
Music & SE: Mr. K Dynamite, Koremasa

Note:
Also known as Street Slam and Dunk Dream in NA and JP regions, respectively.
Cool how they managed voices out of the Neo Geo."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Here is the video of me playing as far as I can on 1 Credit the AWESOME Neo Drift Out: New Technology for the Neo Geo MVS! This game is one of my favorite racing games of all time, definitely my favorite Neo Geo Racer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLBVEQYNVc&feature=youtu.be

Racing is one of my favorite genres, and I love the rally racers on the neo. Thrash Rally, even with its issues, was one of the first games to make me fall in love with the neo. It may not look like much, but it's just fun.

Sadly, I'm not much good at any of those neo rally games. Maybe I'll try again today, but they're seriously hard. While I know which turn is coming, I've always had trouble finding the rhythm of when it is coming, after I've been alerted.

I really like the graphics in Neo Drift Out, but I think I'd like it a little more in true overhead fashion, like the first arcade drift out, or super drift out on the sfc. They were kind of neat because they rotated the background rather than the car, which seems to give some a bit of nausea, but I've always liked that style. When you're good at it, it looks super impressive because there's so much motion that the casual observer has trouble tracking what's going on.

One of the reasons I've been looking at superguns is to play the original drift out, but my current inability to display in vertical orientation has always caused me to reconsider. I suppose someday I'll just break down and build a 3:4 aspect ratio bartop arcade, but that's a long ways off. Perhaps it's one of the many projects that I'm saving for my post-retirement 'doddering old fool' years.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

I've never been able to pull the trigger on a proper waku waku 7. I've come close a bunch of times, but even at good prices, it's always been just a little more than I wanted to spend.

Today, rolling through my saturn shelf, I noticed that I had purchased it for that system at some point, probably in an import lot, and had never played it. It's hard to tell from the front cover what it is, which is probably why I passed it over for years. I certainly would have played it earlier if I had known, because Waku Waku 7 is awesome, Saturn's a 2d powerhouse, and this game makes use of the 1mb ram cart too--so there's no way this will be the worst fighting game I've played in the last decade, right? Nope. It's awful.

The game's speed ranges from 'a little slow' to 'game-crushingly bad' and sticks to the second option pretty firmly. This is surprising, because the background resolution has been dropped to unacceptable levels, and the unstable shadow flicker indicates that the game is actually already dropping most of its frames rather than displaying them. I have played 8-bit fighters that look and play better than this saturn port.

I'd rag on the thing all day, but I found a video that does it better than I ever could, and honestly this game just isn't worth any more of my effort:

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

I've never been able to pull the trigger on a proper waku waku 7. I've come close a bunch of times, but the price was always just a little more than I wanted to spend, which has always caused me to change my mind at the last minute.

Today, rolling through my saturn shelf, I noticed that I had purchased it for that system at some point, probably in an import lot, and had never played it. It's hard to tell from the front cover what it is, which is probably why I passed it over for years. I certainly would have played it earlier if I had known, because Waku Waku 7 is awesome, Saturn's a 2d powerhouse, and this game makes use of the 1mb ram cart too--so there's no way this will be the worst fighting game I've played in the last decade, right? Nope. It's awful.

The game's speed ranges from 'a little slow' to 'game-crushingly bad' and sticks to the second option most of the time. This is surprising, because the background resolution has been dropped to unacceptable levels, and the unstable shadow flicker indicates that the game is actually already dropping most of its frames rather than displaying them. I have played 8-bit fighters that look and play better than this saturn port.

I'd rag on the thing all day, but I found a video that does it better than I ever could, and honestly this game just isn't worth any more of my effort:

Racing is one of my favorite genres, and I love the rally racers on the neo. Thrash Rally, even with its issues, was one of the first games to make me fall in love with the neo. It may not look like much, but it's just fun.

Sadly, I'm not much good at any of those neo rally games. Maybe I'll try again today, but they're seriously hard. While I know which turn is coming, I've always had trouble finding the rhythm of when it is coming, after I've been alerted.

I really like the graphics in Neo Drift Out, but I think I'd like it a little more in true overhead fashion, like the first arcade drift out, or super drift out on the sfc. They were kind of neat because they rotated the background rather than the car, which seems to give some a bit of nausea, but I've always liked that style. When you're good at it, it looks super impressive because there's so much motion that the casual observer has trouble tracking what's going on.

One of the reasons I've been looking at superguns is to play the original drift out, but my current inability to display in vertical orientation has always caused me to reconsider. I suppose someday I'll just break down and build a 3:4 aspect ratio bartop arcade, but that's a long ways off. Perhaps it's one of the many projects that I'm saving for my post-retirement 'doddering old fool' years.

Spot on on everything you mention Reaper. The rally racers that were on the Neo made me more interested with the platform despite it was used with a joystick. It just gave the game more of a challenge to play them and even further. That's way for me personally, its always a blast playing them without feeling bored. I need to get my supergun back in action or at least a new one to appreciate them fully to experience the true quality of the games!

Waku Waku 7 looks awesome for the Saturn. I need to play that game again since its been years that I played that particular version on the Saturn. Thank you for inspiring me to get back into it Reaper.

The videos are awesome that you linked are swell as well! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

You were taking about a vertical bartop... I bought one on ebay, a prefab vertical cabinet forn $125 on ebay and made a vertical jamma set up with 3 buttons a couple of years ago. All in all, it took about 5 hours to put together and I put a vertical multigame pcb in it! Would something like that work for you. It is fairly easy to do, and you can get the kits on jamma boards.com for the harness! I play it all the time!

As for the arcade stick racers I'm basically horrible at them all but Neo DriftOut. I just count to 4 and turn, usually works! I just count in 4/4 time like my old days in band. Oh well Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

• Like 2

Reaper,

Just subbed to your channel, really enjoyed the Sega Touring Car Championship video! You inspired me to play some Thrash Rally, this one is tough! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

• Like 2

I've never been able to pull the trigger on a proper waku waku 7. I've come close a bunch of times, but even at good prices, it's always been just a little more than I wanted to spend.

The game's speed ranges from 'a little slow' to 'game-crushingly bad' and sticks to the second option pretty firmly. This is surprising, because the background resolution has been dropped to unacceptable levels, and the unstable shadow flicker indicates that the game is actually already dropping most of its frames rather than displaying them. I have played 8-bit fighters that look and play better than this saturn port.

Yeah Waku Waku 7 on the Saturn is absolutely crap compared to the Neo release, and as a die-hard Saturn fan that's really saying something. I was absolutely stunned when I played this on my Saturn and compared it to the Neo version. I still don't understand how they screwed this port up so badly.

• Like 2

Yeah Waku Waku 7 on the Saturn is absolutely crap compared to the Neo release, and as a die-hard Saturn fan that's really saying something. I was absolutely stunned when I played this on my Saturn and compared it to the Neo version. I still don't understand how they screwed this port up so badly.

Hi Jarrod,

If that's the case, maybe I'm not missing much and just save myself from playing it some time down the road!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back once more with foreign language videos. This morning, were back with Heidern75David showing his video in Spanish of Neo Geo timelines of games release for a particular. His forth Neo-Geo upload involves 1993. If you need to revert to his previous (yet informative) videos please do so and support the gentleman.

From his description,

"Recopilación de todos los juegos del sistema Neo Geo con un pequeño análisis de cada uno. En este vídeo están los juegos que salieron en 1993, en orden cronológico, son los siguientes:

-Sengoku 2

-3 Count Bout

-World Heroes 2

-Samurai Shodown

-Fatal Fury Special

-Spinmaster"

Translation,

"Collection of all games Neo Geo system with a short analysis of each. This video games that came out in 1993 , in chronological order , they are:

-Sengoku 2

-3 Count Bout

-World Heroes 2

-Samurai Shodown

-Fatal Fury Special

-Spinmaster"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Reaper,

Just subbed to your channel, really enjoyed the Sega Touring Car Championship video! You inspired me to play some Thrash Rally, this one is tough! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

You can say that again Aaron! :-D

I just subscribed to Reapers channel as well to see his awesome works in action

I also enlisted on your channel too Aaron to keep up-do-date on your latest and greatest videos.

Keep up the superb work gentlemen! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Pretty sure today is the official 25th birthday of the Neo-Geo in the States. October 25th, 1990 if my memory is right. I wanted it on day 1, but had to wait another month for my birthday that November! :)

Hi Zap!

Thank you for the notification on the 25th anniversary of the Neo-Geo here in the United States Ter. Your personal history with this unit never fails to amaze me that you're part of video game history. Seeing that you have a precious piece of memorabilia with the original white box, ,controllers, unmodified, and a serial number so low at 011604, makes it more valuable on the market!

A unit like this, is truly irreplaceable and seeing that you're the original owner for the past 25 years makes this a great Neo Geo owner story that needs the respect and recognition that it deserves. Thank you for taking the time and showing us your Neo-Geo AES.

PLEASE, don't sell this unit Its a fantastic piece of history.

Thank you for the past issues of your works that you provided for me. I still read them and amazing how much dedication that you provided to the community with it! :)

Anthony...

f31874039e34dbfcd83a06e2a2d42f09.jpg

post-12488-0-03783200-1409977713_thumb.jpost-12488-0-92115800-1409977695_thumb.j

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with Professor G with his OST's from Neo-Geo titles. This morning the kind gentleman was able to do Mutation Nation. One of my favorite underrated brawlers for the platform with excellent music that's perfect for the environment of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaYJ60Nv2cE

Tracklist: [#112]

00:04 - Title
00:05 - Attract Mode
00:32 - How to Play
00:57 - Area 1
03:15 - Sub-Boss 1
04:10 - Sub-Boss 2
04:54 - Boss 1
06:04 - Area Clear
06:09 - Area 2
07:55 - Area 3
11:12 - Boss 2
12:13 - Area 4
14:27 - Area 5
15:57 - Area 6 Demo
16:07 - Last Boss
17:53 - Ending
19:30 - Ranking
19:34 - Game Over

Composer: Masahiko Hataya
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Release Date: 1991 (JP), Mar 16, 1992 (NA/EU)

Producer: Eikichi Kawasaki (credited as Boss Kawasaki)
Planner: Ishimotti
Programmer: Doisaurus
Sound: Masahiko Hataya (credited as Papaya)
Designer: Mioshi, Yokosuka!!, A. Miyazaki, 1610. Last!, SK, Yumo, Tajiyan, J. Mikami
Special Thanks: Nishiyama, Tama, Y. O, Yuki, Akira Goto, Yoshihiko Kitamura, SNK All Staff
Presented By: SNK Tokyo Team

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were back looking at a NGCD review from a gentleman by the name of InsertGame1.

More from the description,

" A quick look at the Neo Geo CD. With its arcade games on CDs, the Neo Geo CD was SNK way to get more of the home video game market with a cheaper system."

Anthony...