IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Speaking of videos, I have finally caught up with everything I needed to, and am now ready to start my 8-week Neo Geo video review festival. It should be a lot of fun. The adventure begins November 11th :D

That's wonderful news Jarrod. :thumbsup:

Hope the Neo-Geo thread will help expand your videos even further for you since your a valuable member here on the thread and the Neo-Geo community! :)

Can't wait to watch them. If you like to use those NG Dev Team photos that I posted, you're welcome to use them since its also gladly available to view towards the general pubic as well.

i'll be marking my calendar for sure. Plus, I'll be getting the pretzels and soda pop ready to watch them Jarrod. :-D

The suspense is killing me!!!!

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Back again new fellow Atariage member, htaed7 doing as he loves to do. This morning he's back doing streams of Neo-Geo brawlers that made the platform stand out from its 2D fighting franchises in which SNK is known for. This is the first part of an hours worth of enjoyable content for us members/guests to sit back and relaxing viewing them!

Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"This week's Assertive Aggression features the beat em up brawlers of the Neo Geo library. Here we play Burning Fight, Mutation Nation, Top hunter and Sengoku. Enjoy :) Be sure to rate and subscribe!"

Anthony...

• Like 1

:-D Thanks Anthony! I feel like a heel not being able to drop by like i wish more often, but soon buddy! since i'm here i wanted to let you know that both part 1 and 2 were uploaded around the same time so if you finished the first one and still have leftover "soda and pretzels" you can check out Part 2 as well:

May you all have a great night! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

:-D Thanks Anthony! I feel like a heel not being able to drop by like i wish more often, but soon buddy! since i'm here i wanted to let you know that both part 1 and 2 were uploaded around the same time so if you finished the first one and still have leftover "soda and pretzels" you can check out Part 2 as well:

Great as always, I love me some Beat em Ups and some Neo Geo so this is great!!!! Keep up the awesome streams man!

• Like 1

You're welcome my brotha.

Glad to be of service since you already giving us chock-full of positive videos to contribute for the community! We are looking forward for future streams for the Neo-Geo and will be watching your Halloween special coming up ,

As always, thank you and keep up the spectacular work! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey Neo Elite,

So I have been trying to beat Real Bout Fatal Fury Special lately, I have done so on several occasions but lol I forgot to record or just the gameplay was just horrible. But on this video I finally did it! The gameplay is still not so good, but the recording turned out ok. I use Terry Bogard, I know I'm unoriginal. I usually play with him or Billy Kane! This fighter has 19 available characters at the beginning of the game, only 2 planes which makes for quicker gameplay, and some awesome specials! Gotta love this fighter! What is everyone else's favorite Neo Geo Fighting Game???? Check out my humble YouTube channel and please like and subscribe, check out the Twitter channel-Thanks in advance for the support! Happy Gaming!

YouTube:

https://youtu.be/SNYHPeG86_I

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/AaronClasicGamr

• Like 1

Hey Neo Elite,

So I have been trying to beat Real Bout Fatal Fury Special lately, I have done so on several occasions but lol I forgot to record or just the gameplay was just horrible. But on this video I finally did it! The gameplay is still not so good, but the recording turned out ok. I use Terry Bogard, I know I'm unoriginal. I usually play with him or Billy Kane! This fighter has 19 available characters at the beginning of the game, only 2 planes which makes for quicker gameplay, and some awesome specials! Gotta love this fighter! What is everyone else's favorite Neo Geo Fighting Game???? Check out my humble YouTube channel and please like and subscribe, check out the Twitter channel-Thanks in advance for the support! Happy Gaming!

YouTube:

https://youtu.be/SNYHPeG86_I

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/AaronClasicGamr

Hi Aaron,

Love the Real Bout series on the Neo-Geo. Some of the most amazing titles for the Neo were from that time. I love the later parts of the series with RB2: The Newcomers because I felt it was a step forward with better graphics and controls.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey Neo Elite,

What is everyone else's favorite Neo Geo Fighting Game????

Hi Aaron

Even though I enjoy the infinite amount of fighters on the Neo-Geo, I was always fond of the World Heroes series that was developed by ADK for the platform. I personally considered it to be a great alternative from the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat titles that they had to offer despite that the World Heroes saga is truly underrated. Most mainstream gamers will have the tendency to give it the cold shoulder, and it will be a series that dedicated fighting genre and SNK/Neo-Geo will remember only.

But yes, I love World Heroes, World Heroes 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, and World Heroes Perfect. If SNK/P would take into consideration (I doubt it though) to bring it back. I'll certainly be purchasing it! :)

Anthony

Edited by fdurso224

What is everyone else's favorite Neo Geo Fighting Game????

If I had to pick one, it'd have to be MOTW, which seems to resist every single attempt at me getting better at it. Something about execution timing and me not being able to do things as fast as I would in a KOF game.

After that I play SS2 or last blade the most. I think I could go for some last blade right now, actually.

Fighting games on my current shopping list: SVC, Waku Waku 7, and Matrimelee.

• Like 2

Hi Aaron,

Love the Real Bout series on the Neo-Geo. Some of the most amazing titles for the Neo were from that time. I love the later parts of the series with RB2: The Newcomers because I felt it was a step forward with better graphics and controls.

Anthony...

Hey Anthony

RB2: The Newcomers was awesome as well, I just have more of an attachment to Real Bout Fatal Fury Special due to my memories of playing it back when. But I agree, the graphics of RB2 are superior! I also remember playing World Heroes 2! It was a ton of fun though only 3 buttons were used-but I'm terrible at this one....lol! Happy Gaming!

-Anthony

• Like 1

If I had to pick one, it'd have to be MOTW, which seems to resist every single attempt at me getting better at it. Something about execution timing and me not being able to do things as fast as I would in a KOF game.

After that I play SS2 or last blade the most. I think I could go for some last blade right now, actually.

MOTW is a classic, a ton better than Street Fighter 3 third strike that I think came out at the same time if I remember correctly! I was just playing some Sam Sho 2, can't go wrong with any of those on your list!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Seems that NG Dev Team enjoyed the picture I sent them involving the AES collection of their titles. Its up on their Facebook & Twitter page. Thank you gentleman, looking foward to Kraut Buster and your future works! :)

fdurso224 send us a pic of his NGDEV AES collection:

12182542_961351183921156_372441555620558
  • Tweets
  1. fdurso224 send us a pic of his NGDEV AES collection:

CSeXGpfXIAAK1yi.jpg
    2 retweets4 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite

https://twitter.com/ngdevteam

https://www.facebook.com/ngdevteam?v=wall

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

MOTW is a classic, a ton better than Street Fighter 3 third strike that I think came out at the same time if I remember correctly! I was just playing some Sam Sho 2, can't go wrong with any of those on your list!

I don't know if I'd call it a ton better than third strike, but it's easily in the same class, which is no small feat given the fairly large power difference between neo geo and cps3. IMO, MOTW is pretty similar to vanilla sf3 in that it dropped almost all of its familiar characters for a smaller roster, added a ton of animation detail, and revamped its fight system quite a bit. Like MOTW, I also never really figured out the timing on sf3.

I go back and forth on which samsho I like the most. I tend to switch between 2 and 4 depending on my mood at the time. I really like the feel of 2, with the judge in the back tossing out power ups--it's a lighter feeling game compared to 4. I do like 4's art style, animation, and larger characters a bit more.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

Wow Reaper, you're like my twin. MOTW is my single favorite fighter on the platform, and I STILL don't own it. I played it for years, and years with a buddy, Every single deal I have made for this game has fallen through, most recently as two weeks ago. The seller was giving it to me for a great price, but then his deal for a nicer copy fell through. It's driving me crazy. The same is true for SVC. I have missed SO many opportunities to purchase that game. Grr!

I don't know if I'd call it a ton better than third strike, but it's easily in the same class, which is no small feat given the fairly large power difference between neo geo and cps3. IMO, MOTW is pretty similar to vanilla sf3 in that it dropped almost all of its familiar characters for a smaller roster, added a ton of animation detail, and revamped its fight system quite a bit. Like MOTW, I also never really figured out the timing on sf3.

I go back and forth on which samsho I like the most. I tend to switch between 2 and 4 depending on my mood at the time. I really like the feel of 2, with the judge in the back tossing out power ups--it's a lighter feeling game compared to 4. I do like 4's art style, animation, and larger characters a bit more.

Reaperman,

I agree the graphics of SF3 were superior but I give the edge to MOTW in regards to gameplay and replay value. I never could get into any iteration of Street Fighter 3 like I could Street Fighter 2. Have a good one, I'll have to grab a copy of Sam Sho 4 to have a better formed opinion. I have only played the first two for any length of time Happy Gaming!

- Aaron

Edited by aaronclassicgamer
  • Like 2

See, I like Samurai Shodown IV, but I think it's an unfortunate departure from what made the SamSho games so refreshingly different from other fighters. The first two games were about finding holes in your opponent's defense and driving a sword through them. Three or four hits are usually enough to end a round, and deaths only occurred from landing a fatal blow over the course of a fight. SamSho IV threw in a lot of unnecessary trendy junk (fatalities? Combos?!) and doubled the length of the life bars so that taking a blade to the gut is no longer the threat it once was. It's still good, but it took the series down a dark path, leading to the bloat that was in Tenkaichi and especially the despicable Samurai Shodown Sen.

For the sake of disclosure, I played the Saturn version of IV a lot more than the Neo-Geo/arcade version. But I really don't think that matters all that much... it was a pretty close translation.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning were with a gamer by the name of Harold from "Harolds Stuff" He will be doing a gameplay video of Breakers & Breakers Revenge for the Neo-Geo. He will be back posting his reviews regarding both games later on in future videos.

From the description,

" Harold tries out Breakers & breakers revenge by Visco released in 1996.

Does Harold like it? Stay tuned to find out!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2X9_lWIcaw

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back this morning with Professor G with his Neo-Geo soundtracks and he's fantastic with his OST works I must say. Here we have from his latest uploads, Ghost Pilots! A timeless classic that shows the Neo-Geo's humble beginning that help establish the MVS & AES to become instant classics, while regarding itself with legendary states in the vindeo game community! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUjZyCZlV0

Tracklist: [#114]

00:04 - Title
00:09 - Attract Mode
00:30 - Stage Weapon Select
00:56 - Stage 1-1,4, 13
02:58 - Boss 1
04:12 - Stage 1-2, 5, 9
05:55 - Boss 2
07:05 - Stage Clear
07:18 - Stage 2
08:27 - Boss 3
09:27 - Stage 3, 6
11:07 - Stage 7, 10
12:49 - Boss 4
13:24 - Stage 8, 11
14:34 - Final Stage Demo
14:44 - Ending, Credits
15:58 - Ranking
16:04 - Game Over

Composer: Masahiko Hataya
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK
Release Date: July 1, 1991

Producer: E. Kawasaki
Executive Producer: Nishiyama, Tama
Planner: Y.O
Pub Planner: Ishimotti
Programmer: Mr. SNK26, 00I
Sound: Papaya
Design: Mioshi, Mr. Pod, 1610, R. Miyazaki, SK, N. Mori, T.Yumoto, Meshitaki
Design: Capsule Kodama, 20 Gall Maeda, Child Higashi, 2DK Yamaguchi
Special Thanks: Helper 1, Canpai Shimizu, and SNK All Staff

"You Can Hope Next Our Game! See You Again!"

Anthony...

Hey everybody,

I thought I would play my MVS copy of Nightmare in the Dark for Halloween, I did a Twitch live stream of the 1 credit play and uploaded it to YouTube. I'm just starting the live streaming thing so bear with me please. I just got this game a few days ago off Ebay, and It is a lot of fun. You play as a gravedigger and you jump from platform to platform eliminating gouls, ghosts, mummys, etc. It is definitely unique. I played this on the AES using the converter. Happy Gaming!!!!

-Aaron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9NWphppNOo

• Like 1

Hey everybody,

I thought I would play my MVS copy of Nightmare in the Dark for Halloween, I did a Twitch live stream of the 1 credit play and uploaded it to YouTube. I'm just starting the live streaming thing so bear with me please. I just got this game a few days ago off Ebay, and It is a lot of fun. You play as a gravedigger and you jump from platform to platform eliminating gouls, ghosts, mummys, etc. It is definitely unique. I played this on the AES using the converter. Happy Gaming!!!!

-Aaron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9NWphppNOo

Hi Aaron,

Nightmare in the Dark is a fun game despite it didn't feel like a true Neo-Geo title. But its quirkiness made it a fun game to play and worth checking out for those that never heard of it before. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here we have a gentleman goes by the username of mtshark7. The kind person was able to upload and share his Neo Geo X collection. Since we've been talking about the other Neo-Geo products as of late, I think it was time to show support to the NGX this time around.

I have these volumes as well! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Here we have a gentleman goes by the username of mtshark7. The kind person was able to upload and share his Neo Geo X collection. Since we've been talking about the other Neo-Geo products as of late, I think it was time to show support to the NGX this time around.

I have these volumes as well! :)

Anthony...

Thanks Anthony for showing my video :-)

I'll reply to your comment in the video soon and you will have a new sub!

• Like 1