IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys

cropped-NeoSD-weblogo_transparent.png

NEOSD Team News

NeoSD Shells

Hello everyone,

We just came back from plastics factory today.

The mold is almost ready. Factory needs to do polishing and start injecting some preseries shells to see everything is ok.

We still dont have a shipment date for the shells, but our guess is that this will not take more than 10 days to finish.

We will get you all informed as soon as we have a shipping date.

I would like to show you all some pictures of the mold, cause those are pretty impressive.

molde_completo.jpg

molde_3.jpgmolde_1.jpgmolde_2.jpg

Thanks !

Anthony...

I ordered the flash cart and along with the cart I am anxiously awaiting a shell! great product!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【Lobiの公認コミュニティ開設】 本日Lobiのコミュニティ開設を記念してクループに参加するだけで300ダイヤのプレゼントキャンペーンを実施中!今すぐLobiを覗いて見てくれ! ▼詳細はこちらから http://bit.ly/2gKFeCl

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Lobi official community establishment: Lobi community to celebrate today, to participate in the Group 300 diamond gifts campaign! Now just Lobi take a peek at me! ▼ More information click here http://bit.ly/2gKFeCl

Cykol0iXUAAnPjH.jpg
0 replies15 retweets30 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums here. I've come here hoping that I can get some help. I recently purchased an AES-US version from what should be a reputable Neo Geo site. The console was described as being "unmodified" and before buying, I asked if they had opened up the unit to look at the PCB to verify it was legit and that nothing had been done to it. The store owner seemed to be offended by me even asking questions but reluctantly confirmed that the system was unmodified as stated in the description. I went ahead and bought it and have since received and tested the unit. It works fine and is in great exterior, cosmetic condition.My issue is that while inspecting the unit, I looked through the cartridge slot flaps and to the right I see a blue wire that appears to be soldered to the PCB. Can any owners of a stock AES confirm that they may have this blue wire on their PCB? I searched various forums and Google trying to find PCB pics that can help me solve the puzzle. Nobody seems to be able to answer this directly for me. Any advice or help in identifying whether this unit I bought is a modified fake would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by benjiedude
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums here. I've come here hoping that I can get some help. I recently purchased an AES-US version from what should be a reputable Neo Geo site. The console was described as being "unmodified" and before buying, I asked if they had opened up the unit to look at the PCB to verify it was legit and that nothing had been done to it. The store owner seemed to be offended by me even asking questions but reluctantly confirmed that the system was unmodified as stated in the description. I went ahead and bought it and have since received and tested the unit. It works fine and is in great exterior, cosmetic condition.My issue is that while inspecting the unit, I looked through the cartridge slot flaps and to the right I see a blue wire that appears to be soldered to the PCB. Can any owners of a stock AES confirm that they may have this blue wire on their PCB? I searched various forums and Google trying to find PCB pics that can help me solve the puzzle. Nobody seems to be able to answer this directly for me. Any advice or help in identifying whether this unit I bought is a modified fake would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Benjie,

Welcome to, The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com. Were glad that you're posting here and have quations with your units accuracy.

To further assist you, would you be able to supply us with pictures on the unit so we can see what your concerns are to match the legitimacy of the unit with others?

What's the serial number for this unit?

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Benjie,

Welcome to, The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com. Were glad that you're posting here and have quations with your units accuracy.

To further assist you, would you be able to supply us with pictures on the unit so we can see what your concerns are to match the legitimacy of the unit with others?

What's the serial number for this unit?

Anthony...

Thank you so much for the reply Anthony! I'll try to open it up and take pics later today and provide the serial number.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the reply Anthony! I'll try to open it up and take pics later today and provide the serial number.

Awesome. But seeing that you have an early Neo-Geo unit. The inside of the Neo-Geo unit did have a good amount of wires in it. Unlike the later revisions of the units, the early AES consoles looked like it was modified from the inside. But here's a pic on what you see of a blue wire next to the cartridge slot.

Anthony...

8368582919_1a7a1b1f1a_b.jpg

Edited by fdurso224

Awesome. But seeing that you have an early Neo-Geo unit. The inside of the Neo-Geo unit did have a good amount of wires in it. Unlike the later revisions of the units, the early AES consoles looked like it was modified from the inside. But here's a pick on what you see of a blue wire next to the cartridge slot.

Anthony...

It is an earlier serial number like 13,000 something I think. I actually saw this pic you posted or a similar one online but thought it came from a modified console because it was for a tutorial on how to over clock the GPU or something. If this pic is in fact a stock pcb however than it should solve my problem! You have been very helpful and the only person to provide me help so far. Thank you!

• Like 1

It is an earlier serial number like 13,000 something I think. I actually saw this pic you posted or a similar one online but thought it came from a modified console because it was for a tutorial on how to over clock the GPU or something. If this pic is in fact a stock pcb however than it should solve my problem! You have been very helpful and the only person to provide me help so far. Thank you!

You're welcome Benjie,

That's the blue wire that you're seeing. Those units looks like a mess in them. So you don't have to worry about opening up your unit. Its fine. :)

Mine is in the 12,000 range.

Glad to see you as a new Neo-Geo owner. Come by and retract on the many pages that we have. Hopefully we have a number of postings that will be to your benefit. We accept new members and discuss the Neo-Geo games, consoles, and accessories in a friendly matter! :)

Welcome aboard Benjie. Glad to have your here and on Atariage.com :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

You're welcome Benjie,

That's the blue wire that you're seeing. Those units looks like a mess in them. So you don't have to worry about opening up your unit. Its fine. :)

Mine is in the 12,000 range.

Glad to see you as a new Neo-Geo owner. Come by and retract on the many pages that we have. Hopefully we have a number of postings that will be to your benefit. We accept new members and discuss the Neo-Geo games, consoles, and accessories in a friendly matter! :)

Welcome aboard Benjie. Glad to have your here and on Atariage.com :)

Anthony...

Thanks Anthony. Classy group here so far. Glad to become a member!

• Like 1