IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. The King of Fighters 95 - Japanese SNK/#NeoGeo AES Game - Boxed #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/uzZRAkwaFf

C4m1xJeWQAEmmWb.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. C4kH6E2WYAAJytj.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
  3. C4kDQGYXAAQYsGU.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  4. C4kB9qqXUAEx-Sd.jpg
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Il est temps de s'attaquer à une daube de légende. C'est naze, c'est Legend of Success Joe : http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/tests/losj_test.htm

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

It's time to tackle a stew of legend. It sucks, it's Legend of Success Joe: http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/tests/losj_test.htm

CDOgafQWMAAkLgV.png
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

I wrote a little something about #NeoGeo shooter Alpha Mission II - a great game that was really hard to hype up!

Hayden Yalehttp://www.haydenyale.comChild of the 80's. Born, raised and living in the Cheshire countryside, England. Lover of fan art, especially if it is based on my childhood heroes from Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Transformers and TMNT. Penchant for almost anything retro, especially movies, games and art.

alpha_mission_2.jpg?fit=700%2C440 Suit Up, Hold Your Breath and Stand Ready for the Unbelievable Alpha Mission 2
Surely they meant Beta Mission?

One of the things that makes “retro gaming” so much fun for me is being able to use the internet to look back at how the game was perceived at the time. I enjoy playing the games, but looking back at old magazine reviews, seeing the hype and marvelling at the advertising; that’s what I really love about the hobby.

Except when you can’t do those things. Alpha Mission II, or Armored Scrum Object II: Last Guardian if you’re in Japan, is a brilliant shoot-em-up. It’s also a game that defies the logic that the internet is the source of all knowledge.

alpha_mission_2_box.jpg?resize=646%2C814

You can find a few magazine scans, box art images and other material from its release in 1991. But, compared to other games produced for the MVS and Neo Geo platforms, Alpha Mission 2 is remarkable because of the lack of hype.

That’s surprising for a sequel, especially when they had such a good backstory…

The lunar nightmare of a bloody 200-year space war was thought to be over in the “original” ALPHA MISSION. But now with the advent of more technically sophisticated weapons, the evil “Fulvar” and his “Seven Star Alliance” have returned to destroy all planets that stand in their way of the ultimate target… Earth! Now in the year of 2525! Your mission as pilot of the new SYD-FX fighter is to use every weapon at your disposal to rid the galaxy once and for all of the evil that now dominates and threatens Earth. So suit up, hold your breath, and stand ready for unbelievable graphics and stereo sound that’ll suck you into the far reaches of deep, dark inner space. Be prepared… you may never come back!

And how cool does this bad guy look. He’s one of the smallest you’ll fight!

alpha_mission_bad_guy.jpg?resize=646%2C3

Believe the non-existent hype, Alpha Mission 2 is awesome!

In Alpha Mission 2, you’ll find a smart, visually arresting, vertical shoot-em-up. It’s as tough as nails to stay alive, but you can keep feeding the game credits to see all seven levels. The bosses are magnificent and HUGE. Your ship is the perfect foil for them provided you learn how to use its power. You’ll also find a superb soundtrack beating away in the background.

I really can’t say enough to promote this game. If you still need convincing, this play-through is messy but lets you see everything.

If you don’t have access to the arcade or Neo Geo originals, you can also find the game on Sony’s Playstation Network, playable on PS3 and PSP.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Beautiful collection of assorted Neo-Geo AES games from SUPAGEMU. Thank you kind sir

THE FUTURE IS NOW! Some pics of my Neo-Geo collection 1f600.png#RETROGAMING @Fdurso224Durso @NeoGeoCollector @wotnogravy @Richard31337 @LamboMat

C4oEk0aXUAYqSKY.jpg
C4oEmwSWIAATXBk.jpg
C4oEpTeXAAEeuJm.jpg
0 replies6 retweets10 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Mathew at Matropolis doing another great video for us. Here we see him in action doing a Hi-Score challenge with Shock Troopers. Enjoy!

From the description,

"My attempt at Shock Troopers with one credit. Did better than expected!"

Anthony..

Three questions,

1. Are any neo geo consoles region locked?

2. If not, do NTSC games run faster or slower than they should on PAL consoles?

3. What websites should I monitor for sales of Hyper Neo Geo 64 arcade systems and cartridges?

Hey Philip,

All Neo-Geo units are region free. However, if the unit was manufactured say Japan and you're playing on English cartridge, the Japanese CPU will read it in Japanese. As for NTSC and PAL versions, speed wise they're are the same.

As for sales for the Hyper Neo Geo 64, I've seen them mostly on Ebay. But you can check the Neo store on neo-geo.com. They have some from time to time. But Ebay is your best bet from what I personally seen.

Hope this helps Philip. Thank you for posting with your questions. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Unless you can be on there for a time and get established on the neo-geo forums or I think there's also the neo geo for life forums (not looked at it) would be choices. Ebay has the mass variety but you also have to argue with lots of stooges with your wallet how far you're willing to go and sometimes (often enough) idiots over pay so be patient.

And on that note, anyone here got a ballpark on what a non-matching serial full kit of Blazing Star maybe worth? I have an opportunity to get it, my favorite shooter on the system, but I don't want to eat it too badly as kits at its level can get into the upwards of $300 range.

Hi guys,

WCS招待状確認。 当日は観戦含め、開発スタッフの方とお会い出来るのを楽しみにしています。(^o^)/

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

WCS invitation confirmation. Hope and development staff, including game day to look forward to. (^o^)/

C4lST_EUcAI7vTj.jpg
0 replies4 retweets13 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

アントノフ財団の江坂支部から謎の招待状が届いた

Received a mysterious invitation from esaka branch of the Foundation-

C4hBEZLVMAAPntG.jpg
0 replies7 retweets22 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

ひよこ・カーン「とうとう俺もKOF参戦か……」 KOFWCSの招待状届きました!けっこう倍率高かったみたいなので当選したことに感謝しつつ心して観戦してこようと思います!

And the chick "finally KOF race I do..." I received an invitation to KOFWCS! I think I'll let watch the grateful for the fine scale like was elected!

C4g2trvUEAEbAN3.jpg
C4g2uVoUMAA_jiZ.jpg
0 replies19 retweets38 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

キングオブファイターズの招待状が届きました!SNK様ありがとうございます! #KOF14 #KOFXIV #SNK #WSC観戦 #謎の男からの招待状

We received an invitation to King of fighters! Like SNK, thank you! #KOF14 #KOFXIV #SNK #WSC観戦 #謎の男からの招待状

C4jHZRkUoAAcFf1.jpg
0 replies14 retweets25 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

アントノフ社長から招待状が届きました( ^ω^)WCS参戦してきますー!

Received an invitation from the Antonov an-President (^ ω ^) will race WCS!!

C4jLhxSUMAA3XXa.jpg
0 replies15 retweets38 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. CROSSED SWORDS/#NeoGeo AES US ENGLISH - COMPLETE AND TESTED-GREAT CONDITION! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/WeLgoUrYVG

C4rYjzqWIAARbB3.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
  2. Football Frenzy/#NeoGeo AES COMPLETE Dog Tag Version Tested and in VG condition! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/LGnKzVZCcF

C4p7KGCWcAEMTgM.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
  3. C4qj5luXAAEukWj.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
  4. C4sWED_WIAA8Ulh.jpg
    Retweet
  5. C4sRwhAWcAEbGJw.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet

Anthony..

Currently researching a #NeoGeo shoot-em-up called Andro Dunos. Someone out there made a t-shirt design from it! https://www.etsy.com/listing/291753923/andro-dunos-mens-t-shirt

C4oULP4WIAAUB1n.jpg
0 replies2 retweets6 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...