IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys.

【2017年は毎月1本NEOGEO 2月分】ファイターズヒストリーダイナマイトげっとおおお #NEOGEO #SNK

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[2017 is monthly a NEOGEO 2 month (s)] Karnov's revenge got so #NEOGEO #SNK

C3lArsRUEAAc-Rx.jpg
0 replies2 retweets7 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This evening were with Top Hat Gaming Man. You might remember him from his Neo-Geo tweets he previously posted and shared on his account that I posted them here for the gentlemen. So the Kind sir did a great NGPC video that certainly is worth watching. I believe you'll enjoy it. :)

From the description,

"A man in a Top Hat with a Moustache reviews rare video games in his massive collection. Appreciate the finer things in life. The Top Hat Gaming Man is currently traveling around the globe, playing the best games for the handheld around the world. The Best games are like fine wines and only get better with age. Today Top Hat arrives in Bangkok Thailand and takes a look at the Neo Geo Pocket Color."

TopHat Gaming@TopHatGamingMan 3h

Today I bring you an all new episode of Handhelds around the world, this time shot in Bangkok, Thailand! https://www.

C4U3yYAUEAAjsrD.jpg
0 replies10 retweets32 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

8FのSNK VS CAPCOMっぽい空間をよろしくお願いいたしますということでした。 ※SNK側左端がカプコンだったり時々カネコが入ってるのはご愛嬌!

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

SNK VS CAPCOM-ish space of 8 thank you. ※ Capcom or SNK side left, sometimes I'm in Kaneko's charm!

C3ln6WRVcAIRqKK.jpg
0 replies39 retweets48 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

นี่ก็แรร์ไอเทม อีกเกมส์นึง The Last Blade ผลิตออกมาให้ เครื่อง Neogeo Pocket Color/PlayStation 1 ในช่วงปี 99 เท่านั้น

CNp26VYUkAAdOkv.jpg
CNp26VaUkAADTfa.jpg
0 replies1 retweet1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Got me interested as well i have never seen this either had a look on YouTube and take a look at this he gives some info on the system, and its in mame so will give it a try later.

Wow Tuna!,

Thank you for posting this up for us and finding out more for us regarding this game. Crystal of the Kings looks really interesting and now I have to do more research to see what else I can find out about it. :)

Thank you for participating as always Tuna. See you soon! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Harold plays Magician lord, a requested vid for Charlie cat. I hope he enjoys the review!

Thank you Harold for taking my request with Magician Lord. Its one of my favorite Neo-Geo titles that I'm glad you played this game for us. Keep up the great work you usually do and thank you for sharing this on the Neo-Geo thread. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I am a big fan of Magician Lord as well it was the reason i bought a NeoGeo back in the day that game cost me over £600 in the early 90's lol that's including the NeoGeo.

That must've been an amazing experience for you Tuna. Buying the Neo-Geo with Magician Lord. I was only 7 at the time. So it was mot much I could've done! :(

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. Fatal Fury 2 -/#NeoGeo AES Game - Tested and Fully Working - Cover Included #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/RTkJwEltDW

C4aLnccXAAEZwTw.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. Neo Turf Masters -/#NeoGeo Pocket Color - complete #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/SOnwTGWVam

C4Zln5LXUAE-g-v.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  3. SNK/#NeoGeo Pocket Color Game SEGA SONIC POCKET ADVENTURE UK BOX ONLY No Game #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/SRYPACukag

C4WI_wEWAAAjK_D.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Nice past article regarding Top Players Golf.

rgm-logo.png TOP PLAYER’S GOLF RAISES THE WATERMARK FOR GRAPHICS, SOUND AND ANIMATION ON NEO GEO – TODAY IN HISTORY – MAY 23RD, 1990

date.png May 23rd, 2015 user.png Carl Williams
Top_Players_Golf_SNK_Neo_Geo_retro_May_2

SNK, now SNK Playmore, were well versed in many genres of gaming prior to their launching of their own console. The SNK Neo Geo was originally an arcade unit that allowed arcade owners to simply swap out cartridges, much like home consoles, and maybe just maybe swap out the marquee graphics (most just used the generic SNK graphics and only swapped cartridges). This was a boon for arcade owners as they no longer had to purchase all new hardware, or often complicated to install JAMMA boards, when purchasing new games. The only real downside to the Neo Geo was that arcade owners were stuck buying games from one source- SNK. This was not really all that big of a problem as SNK made sure to offer many different titles across many genres. Fighting, sports, brawler style fighting, racing, one on one fighting and more fighting games were all represented. Golf was one of the genres that only one or two releases (there is a Frisbee game too).

Top Player’s Golf, being the lead off greens game for the new console, carries its responsibilities quite well. The graphics are quite detailed and with the expansive amount of memory available, the sound effects, music and digitized voices are quite abundant. Since the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis (and to a lesser extent the Turbo Grafx-16) were battling in the homes of the world, the Neo Geo was pointed squarely at the arcade. Even the home unit featured games that cost more than the competing consoles themselves. Top Player’s Golf was no exception, weighing in at a hefty 60+ megs in 1990 was amazing (Sega and Nintendo didn’t get anywhere near this size till at least 3 or 4 years later).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIXFqs_0Qo

Top Player’s Golf features sweeping shots of the course, animated golfers taking their swings and zooming effects that were better than just about any that the Super Nintendo pulled off. That is to be expected though, considering the power under the hood of the Neo Geo, and that bone crushing price tag it better be better. There are many comments and praises coming from your caddy all in digitized voice- a rarity for the time, and something SNK took full advantage of in their games. Top Player’s Golf is not unique in its over use of music and sound effects that gamers simply couldn’t find on the, cheaper, competing consoles.

Top Player’s Golf also holds the unique position of not being ported to a home console. For a period of time there, most SNK games were seeing home ports, though that was mostly the one on one fighting games.

Interested in getting a copy of Top Player’s Golf for yourself, or that home arcade you are building? Head over toand see what is available.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224