IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Arcade Shock updated the status of the Brook PS3/PS4 to Neo Geo adapter button mapping issue today over on Facebook as follows:

We had a meeting with Brook yesterday in their office. The firmware update for TYPE C (majority vote won) will be on Brook's website either the end of this month or early March. It's not a short time process to do this as testing must be done as well and they have some product launches (not all Brook related) coming soon. Thank you for everyone's patience and participation in this.

• Like 1

Last Saturday, I bought "Garou: Mark of the Wolves Returns" in the PS4 store in a sale. Haven't played it yet! But, I plan on doing so! :)

maxresdefault.jpg

its a great game not my favourite Fatal Fury game tho but you cant go wrong give it a play, i do hope your not in the uk tho as i bought the metal slug collection and terrible its the crappy ps2 pal version it runs bad and its super slow, with a bit of luck that never came out over here and its the NTSC version seems pot luck with the uk psn store i have no idea way all games are not the NTSC versions as the console only outputs in 60hz.

• Like 1

Sorry to bother, but may I ask anyone with a US Neo Geo AES system with a serial number below 20k to post a picture of their power supply? This part still confuses me as I've had to piece together my system and did not get it new / retail. My system says it requires PRO-POW but PRO-POW-UL is the correct adapter?

EDIT: Since I don't have a great camera, this is exactly what my power supply looks like, the shape threw me off a bit as the other adapters looked more like NES / Genesis style adapters, is this the official one that came with earlier US Neo Geo AES systems?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Neo-Geo-AES-Power-Supply.jpg

• Like 1

Arcade Shock updated the status of the Brook PS3/PS4 to Neo Geo adapter button mapping issue today over on Facebook as follows:

We had a meeting with Brook yesterday in their office. The firmware update for TYPE C (majority vote won) will be on Brook's website either the end of this month or early March. It's not a short time process to do this as testing must be done as well and they have some product launches (not all Brook related) coming soon. Thank you for everyone's patience and participation in this.

Hey benjie,

That's good to know and thank you for posting. With the firmware update. I hope they fix some of the concerns that owners had with the product to at least make it better then previously what it was. :)

Anthony...

Last Saturday, I bought "Garou: Mark of the Wolves Returns" in the PS4 store in a sale. Haven't played it yet! But, I plan on doing so! :)

Hey Colin,

Nice choice with Mark of the Wolves. One of the best titles from the Fatal Fury series. Mybe in the future, would you be interested on doing a review on this purchase and we would love to listen on what you say about it. :)

Thank you for stopping by bro. Glad to see what you post on the Neo-Geo thread. :)

Anthony..

Sorry to bother, but may I ask anyone with a US Neo Geo AES system with a serial number below 20k to post a picture of their power supply? This part still confuses me as I've had to piece together my system and did not get it new / retail. My system says it requires PRO-POW but PRO-POW-UL is the correct adapter?

EDIT: Since I don't have a great camera, this is exactly what my power supply looks like, the shape threw me off a bit as the other adapters looked more like NES / Genesis style adapters, is this the official one that came with earlier US Neo Geo AES systems?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Neo-Geo-AES-Power-Supply.jpg

Hey Chaos,

I would have to dig my U.S version out to find out. However, I did find an American Neo-Geo AES Gold system pics that has the adapter in one of them on the Neo store on Neo-Geo.com for you. I'll provide the link to help you out to show what it looks like. Judging by both pics, its the same and consistent.

http://www.neostore.com/U-S-English-Gold-system-Neo-Geo-AES-console-boxed-p/1534.htm

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well as promised I picked up 2 more games. Cost me a little over $100 for the pair, and one of those two usually sells for what I paid or a little over -- the other would obviously end up being free.

I redid that picture with a stack of every cart I have (even the 2 that have kits for them - 8Man+NTM) and they're up top and top right.

Strikers 1945 Plus and The Last Blade

The first I have seen quite a bit, toyed with the android spinoff but never actually have played it before, it's brutal. I rolled the 8 stages, took me 14 credits though if they +1 each you continue right? The second, it was my favorite fighter pretty much for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, but I've never seen the arcade game before either but I had to get it, especially for free basically! :D

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Well as promised I picked up 2 more games. Cost me a little over $100 for the pair, and one of those two usually sells for what I paid or a little over -- the other would obviously end up being free.

I redid that picture with a stack of every cart I have (even the 2 that have kits for them - 8Man+NTM) and they're up top and top right.

Strikers 1945 Plus and The Last Blade

The first I have seen quite a bit, toyed with the android spinoff but never actually have played it before, it's brutal. I rolled the 8 stages, took me 14 credits though if they +1 each you continue right? The second, it was my favorite fighter pretty much for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, but I've never seen the arcade game before either but I had to get it, especially for free basically! :D

Amazing two pickups with Strikers 1945 and The Last Blade Tanooki. :) It looks like you can build a wall or even multiple towers with your collection. :-D

We all love The Last Blade no doubt about it, but Strikers 1945 Plus is a real gem of a title. Its a great WWII shooter that really is worth playing and mastering. This game is about stamina. Most Neo-Geo games at the time would just end and you had into insert more credits to play over after you win, but this one made you continue right after you defeated the final boss and the difficulty increased immediately Only one of the four bosses inside the game are randomly chosen. But the sixth boss is the same.

Excellent as always bro. Keep up the great work. :)

Anthony..

GamePro magazine reviews of King of the Monsters 2 and Ninja Commando.

Oh wow, very nice to see these Parallax. Thank you for sharing it with us! :thumbsup: :)

I remember seeing both of them when they were just out on the newsstand to get my latest GamePro magazine. Great reads they were and had to find out who had them to play so I can put my tokens into the MVS machines so I can play them.

Great to see these again Parallax. Really made my morning! :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. SNK/#NeoGeo Pocket Color - Clear Handheld Mint w/ 5 Games - INSTANT COLLECTION! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/MGFzOxpZSR

C4xAWQWWEAE8bzx.jpg
    0 replies3 retweets1 like
    Retweet
  2. KING OF THE MONSTERS Carton Box SNK/#NeoGeo AES ROM Japan FullyTested! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/PqFyBMemxj

C4xO_bdWcAAcW_3.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets1 like
    Retweet
  3. #NeoGeo Pocket Color Pearl Blue Handheld Bundle #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/aobJOrHShw

C4wtVneXAAAMPaq.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
  4. #NeoGeo Pocket Color The Match of the Millenium #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/KtJoVmBZRW

C4xAzbQWQAARm8J.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
  5. Arguably the best KOF game? #kingoffighters97 #AES #neogeo

C4vyv7QWEAE7bmF.jpg
    2 replies3 retweets12 likes
    Retweet
  6. #NeoGeo X Gold Limited Edition System w//#NeoGeo X Classics Volume 4 See Pics! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/KXFZpbYLAQ

C4veYqyWcAAr9x2.jpg
    1 reply0 retweets1 like
    Retweet

Anthony...