IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Amazing two pickups with Strikers 1945 and The Last Blade Tanooki. :) It looks like you can build a wall or even multiple towers with your collection. :-D

We all love The Last Blade no doubt about it, but Strikers 1945 Plus is a real gem of a title. Its a great WWII shooter that really is worth playing and mastering. This game is about stamina. Most Neo-Geo games at the time would just end and you had into insert more credits to play over after you win, but this one made you continue right after you defeated the final boss and the difficulty increased immediately Only one of the four bosses inside the game are randomly chosen. But the sixth boss is the same.

Excellent as always bro. Keep up the great work. :)

Anthony..

I find it funny two games I really enjoy on the Neo Geo I actually learned to respect on the NGPC first (Neo Turf Masters and Last Blade) and then both are very faithful even cut down to size. I probably should read up a bit on both of them a bit more and you're right 1945 is unique in doing that and it caught me by surprise it didn't just end but I did think it odd each stage was 1-? so it was like a hint all along.

Oh I have one more bit of great work left, cost me more than I'm comfortable with paying on games but I have to get into that mind set it is an arcade title after all. The up side is that crazy people recently have been escalating the games price alone on ebay so what I got it for could be seen as a very solid deal.

Hey guys have you ever seen a AES copy of overtop? Is there one?

Hey Evan,

I've seen Overtop AES on Ebay before, but not of late. There was a conversion that was listed a few months ago, but that's about it. But like they say, "seek and you shall find". :)

Thank you for posting Evan. :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Hi guys,

retroist-logo.png

andro_dunos_cd.jpg?fit=700%2C813 Fight the Space Battle of the Century in Andro Dunos
With multi-weapon shooting!

Andro Dunos, a horizontal shoot-em-up from developers Visco, is one of my favourite Neo Geo games. Most people don’t rate the game too highly but, as an arcade shooter, it ticks lots of boxes for me.

The ships (named Yellow Cherry and Red Fox) control really well; your weapons handle the action nicely; level design is clean and offers variety; the difficulty curve is just right.

Everything I love about shmups is in Andro Dunos. It even had nice artwork in its promo material!

andro_dunos_flyer.jpg?resize=646%2C921

And yet, there is something missing.

Originality

I don’t think Andro Dunos does anything new or innovative. Weapon powerups are a mix of Gradius and R-Type. Level designs take liberties with classics like Salamander and Thunder Force. You’ll probably get a sense of deja vu throughout the 45 minutes it’ll take you to play through its 8 stages.

The only original thing from the game is the striking artwork at the head of this post, taken from the Neo Geo CD release. Makes a nice change from the generic ships-in-space images that are usually used. See above flyer for a prime example.

You can watch the game played through on the RetroGameWorld YouTube channel:

I’m not the only one who likes Andro Dunos. Whilst researching the game, I found that someone has created a tshirt design which you can buy over at Etsy.

andro_dunos_tee.jpg?resize=570%2C570

The only way you can play Andro Dunos is on the Neo Geo – any flavour, just as long as it has an SNK badge.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member NeoTurboManic. Neo did an update on his Samurai Shodown III video that was a comparison to the Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation. He tweaked it for us to enjoy a better experience. Hope its all to your liking.'

From the description,

"Here is an updated comparison video of Samurai Shodown III, between the ports released for the Sega Saturn and PlayStation. I included extra features to better show the differences between the two ports, like the load times and the quality of animation. Enjoy!"

Anthony..

Hi guys,

13. Waku Waku 7 Muy buen juego de lucha, vale soñar una secuela, creo

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

13. Waku Waku 7 very good game of fighting, is worth dreaming a sequel, I think

C3WIBaiWMAEnNDA.jpg
1 reply0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

You are in no way alone in your care for Andro Dunos. I really do need to pick it up, but I haven't seen one on a private forum for awhile and the ebay trolls are trying to ask like $200 on a $100 cart so I refuse to be their pigeon, their mark to be ripped off. I never knew the game over the years even existed but last May/June I found it on that 161in1 cart and I do go back to it, one of the few I do as it's fun. It's like a fun bastard child of Gradius/KOnami shooters mixed with a touch of R-Type style as well yet not so nauseatingly hard and cheap.

It's on a shorter list of things I'd like to snap up. Problem is circumstance dictates what I'll make a run for and so far Strikers 1945 Plus among another came first. While I'm at it, I'd also love to snap up that twinbee wannabe clone of sorts Captain Tomaday as that one is a blast too.

• Like 1

You are in no way alone in your care for Andro Dunos. I really do need to pick it up, but I haven't seen one on a private forum for awhile and the ebay trolls are trying to ask like $200 on a $100 cart so I refuse to be their pigeon, their mark to be ripped off. I never knew the game over the years even existed but last May/June I found it on that 161in1 cart and I do go back to it, one of the few I do as it's fun. It's like a fun bastard child of Gradius/KOnami shooters mixed with a touch of R-Type style as well yet not so nauseatingly hard and cheap.

It's on a shorter list of things I'd like to snap up. Problem is circumstance dictates what I'll make a run for and so far Strikers 1945 Plus among another came first. While I'm at it, I'd also love to snap up that twinbee wannabe clone of sorts Captain Tomaday as that one is a blast too.

Glad that you have an interest in Andro Dunos as well Tanooki. That game never fails to amazes me on how marvelous it is. If you get that game, more power and respect for you bro. :)

But before purchasing it, I feel that Captain Tomaday should be on your purchase list before it. I'm actually been watching a few YouTube videos and actually can't believe this quirky and lively game is so much fun even though I'm not even playing it. (I played it many times before no doubt). Visco did another great job making Neo-Geo titles even towards the end of the original SNK's lifespan and this one is certainly should be in every MVS collectors list.

An auction on Ebay has a lot of 6 games with Captain Tomaday in it Tanooki. Maybe you would like to bid on it if its prices is right for the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-geo-mvs-a-lot-of-6-art-of-fighting-Captain-tomaday-league-bowling-/222411041053?hash=item33c8bb291d:g:3M0AAOSwx6pYpOTU

Anthony..

I'm one of the bidders on that who capped out at $100. I'm not finished with it, but no need to run up the flagpole yet. Also I'm concerned why someone would sell them as a broken lot and throw that out there as untested. That's so easily contested in an ebay refund setup but makes me nervous. He may not be aware but I can read all the labels on that. Kizuna Encounter, Shock Troopers, 2 copies of League Bowling, Art of Combat, and yeah Captain Tomaday. he has a 2nd one up with almost all fighters which has Samurai Shodown 2 and 4 also FF Special and FF3 in it.

There's another lot ending tomorrow that has viewpoint in it and ASO2 which are on my list but I'm not rich and don't have much funds. I have to be able to pay for a preordered Switch and 3 games I ticked off so I have my limits unless some people on here, racketboy or ebay go on a buying spree to perk up my paypal with ebay/forum sales. :D

I have the 161in1 so it really matters not to me if I got Andro Dunos or Capn Tomaday first, they're both on it and don't malfunction in some form (usually audio) like others do or have jacked up difficulty settings either. Strikers is on that cart with jacked up difficulty, game played far easier(not that it's easy, just not rampant suicidal level8) on default #4 so it was enjoyable for me.

I'm not entirely sure if this will work, but this google drive link is a file I've been chipping away at with the names of games I would like eventually and yes I do realize a few are just dreams as I'm not insane to pay the going rate on Super Dodgeball or Twinkle Star Sprites as a couple examples. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WTdEz9BDf1e2aWXrBUPunHuHa53wG51yvIc292S0jno/edit?usp=drive_web

• Like 1

Hi guys,

The word is out! #NeoGeoBook from @SNKPofficial_jp & @bitmap_books Great to be working on this amazing project! http://eepurl.com/cCq7Vj

C42ct6XXUAIQJRJ.jpg
0 replies4 retweets8 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

NEOGEO: a visual history
ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜

3b186824-77a0-48ea-a243-a043a08b7e5e.jpg 92492123-63ac-499c-bb90-776e98911075.jpg
Bitmap Books is excited to announce that we will be releasing an officially licensed NEOGEO art book in 2017. We’ve been working closely with SNK CORPORATION (“SNK”) over the last few months to bring you NEOGEO: a visual history. This lavishly illustrated volume will be the first official NEOGEO art book of its kind released in the English language.

A visual celebration of all things NEOGEO, the book is full of concept artwork, game graphics, photography, box art and promotional material straight from the SNK archives.

We’ve been working with renowned collectors Frazer Rhodes, Massimiliano Macri and Brian Hargrove, who between them have pretty much everything released for the NEOGEO, including complete game collections and rare items. These will be professionally photographed and included in the book.

“NEOGEO: a visual history” also features official interviews with key staff integral to the NEOGEO’s history, including producer Yasuyuki Oda, artist Tatsuhiko Kanaoka (Falcoon) and composer Hideki Asanaka (Sha-V).

“NEOGEO: a visual history” comes as an A4 hardback and is available in both standard edition and a limited edition collector’s edition, presented in a metallic gold slipcase.

As with all our products, each book is printed to very high standards and is destined to be a must-have for fans of the NEOGEO or gamers who want to learn more about this groundbreaking console. NEOGEO: a visual history is available for pre-order in May 2017 with a publication date of summer 2017.

Click the link below to sign up to our newsletter and be the first to hear more news when announced.

More details to follow soon.
Sign up to our newsletter Also available... tmap Books is proud to present Super Famicom: The Box Art Collection – a compilation of Japanese game packaging, professionally shot and presented as a glorious hardback edition.Commodore 64: a visual Commpendium, celebrates one the most popular home computers of all time. It takes you on a journey through the C64’s varied and colourful gaming library. Available as a 476 hardback expanded ed Over the course of some 420 pages,Commodore Amiga: a visual Commpendium showcases more than 140 of the biggest titles, bringing them vividly to life with a double-page screen grab or loading page A Gremlin in the Works plots the course of the company, from initial successes with Monty Mole, Jack The Nipper and Thing On A Spring, to its ground-breaking Lotus-branded racing games, and eventual purchase by Infogrames in 1999. amers who cut their teeth in the arcades will love this trip down memory lane. Artcade is a unique collection of coin-op cabinet marquees, some dating back 40 years to the dawn of video gaming. Shop now with free UK delivery Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

More from Frazer (NeoGeoCollector) regarding this project on neo-geo.com

uIrFl3L3_bigger.jpg

NeoGeoCollector

1. Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

I'm pleased and proud to announce the upcoming officially licensed SNK Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜

For a good while now I've been working with Bitmap Books (@bitmap_books) to produce a book that documents the official history of the Neo-Geo focusing in particular on the design and art of SNK/Neo-Geo.

I've not been working on this alone, two respected members of this forum, Massimiliano (Massi) and NeoTurfmasta have also been key contributors and their input has been invaluable many thanks guys.

For those of you who haven't heard of Bitmap Books, Sam Dyer has produced a number of quality high quality publications notably on the Commodore 64, Super Famicom and very recently the NES/Famicom: a visual compendium. His work and design is of such a high standard, SNK were happy based on an initial concept pack to trust Sam to create a product which is befitting of the Neo-Geo.

In keeping with other Bitmap Books, this will be in hardback form however the quality has been lifted even higher to ensure this really is the ultimate Neo-Geo book.

It will feature an initial history section and then move on to game art, concept works, box art, advertising and stunning high quality photos of SNK hardware and the software. The book will conclude with interviews from key personnel at SNK - Yasuyuki Oda, Tatsuhiko Kanaoka (Falcoon) and Hideki Asanaka (Sha-V) and a round table interview with Massi, Brian and I.

The book will be A4 format and will be available in both standard edition and a collectors edition which will come in a metallic gold slipcase.

We expect the book to be available for pre-order in May 2017 with a publication data of Summer 2017.

Announcement notice here: http://eepurl.com/cCq7Vj

Im sure there will be a lot of interest in this book worldwide. I will be online for the next few hours and will aim to answer any questions.

Many thanks,

Frazer

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224