IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

OK guys Enoofu FDUrso224,

Im not particularly great when it comes to techie issues like this, do either of you know why I should go or who to ask?

Sorry to go on but my astronomical joy with my NeoSD was dampened a bit with the sound issue. :(

MJ

Im not particularly great when it comes to techie issues like this, do either of you know ***where*** I should go or who to ask?

Sorry to go on but my astronomical joy with my NeoSD was dampened a bit with the sound issue. :(

MJ

***WHERE not why!

• Like 1

Im not particularly great when it comes to techie issues like this, do either of you know why I should go or who to ask?

MJ

You looking for self help or a repair shop?

Should be plenty of articles online or at neo-geo.com under hardware help

Recommend you first clean the PCB with products recommended for electrical/computers gently and see if any of the traces (lines on the boards) look scratched or discolored and that all the microchips look connected at all points

May also be a power supply issue or Bad capacitors, or damaged cart slot also

• Like 1

You looking for self help or a repair shop?

Should be plenty of articles online or at neo-geo.com under hardware help

Recommend you first clean the PCB with products recommended for electrical/computers gently and see if any of the traces (lines on the boards) look scratched or discolored and that all the microchips look connected at all points

May also be a power supply issue or Bad capacitors, or damaged cart slot also

Was looking for a repair job really. If your in the UK you'll understand when I say Id like a bit of an "MOT" on it. Ive given it a bit of a clean with circuit board alcohol rub, but only the bits I can see and not to hard because I don't know how much pressure I can apply, Im a tad scared to take the top off as Im not techie at all in that way, scared I'll bust something. But its seeming more and more likely thats what Im going to have to do before I book it in.

I was going to look on NG.Com but been a member over 14/15 years and Its not that of a nice place anymore, don't get me wrong some of the people on there are ace, but theres a lot of wa****s/keyboard warriors on there.

Its so hard doing a google check to find repair shops in the UK, rang 8 stores earlier, all in the UK, not one does repairs. Kind of felt with the sound defect for a few weeks but now Ive had the absolutely amazing NeoSD yesterday for my Bday and have the whole Neo library I just have to have the console in top working order. Don't want anything to taint my experience! :) MJ

• Like 1

I have a question for you guys. What type of box do you guys like. The Japanese style of box, the US regular style of box or the dog tag style of box.

Japanese every-time, and the Japanese artwork/cover-art! And the 'SnapCases' are by far better than the vinyl 'VHS style' boxes. Love the UK Neo Pocket Color boxes too! MJ

• Like 1

Ant, also I got in contact with SAG about there 'version' of the NeoSD, and for people like myself for $25USD plus shipping you can buy there NeoSD pack obviously minus the cart.

But thought that was quiet cool, the case, inlay, cart sticker, bumper sticker etc! MJ

• Like 1

Im not particularly great when it comes to techie issues like this, do either of you know ***where*** I should go or who to ask?

MJ

***WHERE not why!

Hey MJ,

Did you know any repair shops in your area in the UK that can fix Neo-Geo units? I'm sure GadgetUK can possibly help you, or either Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz. But he's in the United States and I don't believe you would want to ship it across the Atlantic.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Ant, also I got in contact with SAG about there 'version' of the NeoSD, and for people like myself for $25USD plus shipping you can buy there NeoSD pack obviously minus the cart.

But thought that was quiet cool, the case, inlay, cart sticker, bumper sticker etc! MJ

That's sounds cool MJ. Are you going to buy it to add to your collection?

Anthony...

• Like 1

I have a question for you guys. What type of box do you guys like. The Japanese style of box, the US regular style of box or the dog tag style of box.

Hey Evan,

Japanese artwork all the way for me bro. I always felt their artwork style was better in just about every game they did. Stylish and without making the artwork smaller too.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey MJ,

Did you know any repair shops in your area in the UK that can fix Neo-Geo units? I'm sure GadgetUK can possibly help you, or either Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz. But he's in the United States and I don't believe you would want to ship it across the Atlantic.

Anthony...

Brilliant Ant awesome, Ill ring them in the morning having a look on there site they do the 'language mod' for my CDZ so might be on to a wright winner! Want that done ASAP for my CDZ! :D Ive dropped Gadget a message so hopefully hear from him soon. Obviously he's just a regular guy, family, busy man, so don't wanna pester him to much lol

Defiantly going to buy the pack as it were, the 'shock-box' like case, label, manual, bumper stick etc for collecting purpose but not going to buy another unit. And the SD is bloody brilliant Ant, totally blew me away it really is good, I could rabbit on for ever about it. I never thought, been collecting Neo stuff for 25 years and never, never thought Id see or own anything like it! You must buy one! Words cant stress how good it is. Every AES, MVS and hombres games from all regions, US, Japan, Europe, Korea, Its worth the nearly £500 for SNK v Capcom, U11 SideKicks 4, KOF 2003, Rage of the Dragon and Mark of the Wolves alone! Def gunna do a video on it hopefully tomoz!

For sure Japanese artwork hands down every time!

You on Instagram Ant?

And just missed a Pocket Color slim Ive been watching, bloody furious! Grrrr!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neo-Geo-Pocket-Color-Crystal-Blue-Handheld-System-Console-Boxed-Working-RARE/263073652576?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Finally... YOU MUST BUY A NEOSD, DONT WAIT GET UR CARD OUT NOW AND BUY, GO ON, DONT WAIT!! :P

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Brilliant Ant awesome, Ill ring them in the morning having a look on there site they do the 'language mod' for my CDZ so might be on to a wright winner! Want that done ASAP for my CDZ! :D Ive dropped Gadget a message so hopefully hear from him soon. Obviously he's just a regular guy, family, busy man, so don't wanna pester him to much lol

Defiantly going to buy the pack as it were, the 'shock-box' like case, label, manual, bumper stick etc for collecting purpose but not going to buy another unit. And the SD is bloody brilliant Ant, totally blew me away it really is good, I could rabbit on for ever about it. I never thought, been collecting Neo stuff for 25 years and never, never thought Id see or own anything like it! You must buy one! Words cant stress how good it is. Every AES, MVS and hombres games from all regions, US, Japan, Europe, Korea, Its worth the nearly £500 for SNK v Capcom, U11 SideKicks 4, KOF 2003, Rage of the Dragon and Mark of the Wolves alone! Def gunna do a video on it hopefully tomoz!

For sure Japanese artwork hands down every time!

You on Instagram Ant?

And just missed a Pocket Color slim Ive been watching, bloody furious! Grrrr!

Finally... YOU MUST BUY A NEOSD, DONT WAIT GET UR CARD OUT NOW AND BUY, GO ON, DONT WAIT!! :P

MJ

I'l be doing so in the future MJ. I do want a NeoSD, but other purchase were first like the Gunlord AES reprint from NGDEVTEAM. I also have to finish up around here and give others notice on what I have to offer for contributing.

Also, I think you'll be interested that Console Passion site out in Blackpool. Looks like a legitimate place and close to you. Hope all works well. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Yeah can't wait till opening time for console passion seems like Ive ages to wait its like 1AM at the mo! :)

Has Gunlord sold out? Has Kraut Buster arrived yet? If not are you able to preorder it?

I was on the NGDEV website but it seems to be like a year old info.

When you say offer for contributing, do you mean your having a sale or something?

Theres a few bits Im desperate for if you are! :)

Also where do I find the wanted and sales section for this thread mate?

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Yeah can't wait till opening time for console passion seems like Ive ages to wait its like 1AM at the mo! :)

Has Gunlord sold out? Has Kraut Buster arrived yet? If not are you able to preorder it?

I was on the NGDEV website but it seems to be like a year old info.

When you say offer for contributing, do you mean your having a sale or something?

Theres a few bits Im desperate for if you are! lol

MJ

Kraut Buster pre-orders are sold out at this time. But you can be on stand by and possibly some pre-orders be canceled to let you have an opportunity MJ.

Has for the 2nd reprints Gunlord AES, pre-orders are still available and you can do so right now.

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/

When I say contributing MJ, I mean free goodies for those that enlisted onto Atariage because of their video material, active posters on the thread, etc. Or for those that don't join, but help provide material for us to enjoy.

We have like a total of 60+ members (including you) that joined Atariage because of Neo-Geo and the Neo-Geo thread. I'm like a person that runs an establishment, but with passion. So to show my gratitude, I like to give back for those that make the Neo-Geo thread what it is. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Kraut Buster pre-orders are sold out at this time. But you can be on stand by and possibly some pre-orders be canceled to let you have an opportunity MJ.

Has for the 2nd reprints Gunlord AES, pre-orders are still available and you can do so right now.

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/

When I say contributing MJ, I mean free goodies for those that enlisted onto Atariage because of their video material, active posters on the thread, etc. Or for those that don't join, but help provide material for us to enjoy.

We have like a total of 60+ members (including you) that joined Atariage because of Neo-Geo and the Neo-Geo thread.I'm like a person that runs an establishment, but with passion. So to show my gratitude, I like to give back for those that make the Neo-Geo thread what it is. :)

Anthony..

Thats truly honourable mate, it really is. Without sound to corny, you should be chuffed with what you've created with the thread! As I said its somewhat refreshing to come to a place and chill with people that have a similar interest in the Neo. I love it and could talk the hind legs of a donkey with the 'pointless facts' I know about the Neo and SNK.

Your probably regretting turning me on to the site (lol) but love when I get up and obviously because of the time difference you posted some cool stuff and videos to enjoy!

And so far my questions and quires have been answered or Ive been pointed in the right direction to get them answered swiftly and respectively, not by foul mouthed adolescents.

Thumbs up mate, glad to see you do good! As I said before if the Atlantic wasn't in the way Id buy you a pint! :)

A couple of thing before I hit the sack, the market place is there any requirements or criteria to meet before you can be active in it?

And is there a way to make NGDEV aware you'd like to be put on the reserves list?

MJ

• Like 1

Thats truly honourable mate, it really is. Without sound to corny, you should be chuffed with what you've created with the thread! As I said its somewhat refreshing to come to a place and chill with people that have a similar interest in the Neo. I love it and could talk the hind legs of a donkey with the 'pointless facts' I know about the Neo and SNK.

Your probably regretting turning me on to the site (lol) but love when I get up and obviously because of the time difference you posted some cool stuff and videos to enjoy!

And so far my questions and quires have been answered or Ive been pointed in the right direction to get them answered swiftly and respectively, not by foul mouthed adolescents.

Thumbs up mate, glad to see you do good! As I said before if the Atlantic wasn't in the way Id buy you a pint! :)

A couple of thing before I hit the sack, the market place is there any requirements or criteria to meet before you can be active in it?

And is there a way to make NGDEV aware you'd like to be put on the reserves list?

MJ

Hey MJ,

Thank you for the positive words and glad the Neo-Geo thread is to your liking. Were also glad that your questions and concerns have been answered and if you have more that are in need to be addressed, will be here to answer has best as possible. :)

No, by all means, keep them coming MJ.... I'm glad that members like yourself, enoofu, Tanooki, Neo 64, RedGamer come by and post here on the thread. As a matter of fact, I would love to see more members like all of you to keep posting like we're doing now. If we get more members that post regularly like this, we can achieve the goal on allowing Albert to create a sub-forum for the Neo-Geo. Albert was considering doing so, but we still have a long way to go to convince him on doing it..

In regards to your question, I believe you don't need any requirements or criteria to buy/sell here on the Market place. We do have a good and bad trader alert to give and receive feedback for others to be aware of. Are you planning to sell anything MJ?

Now for the reserve concern, I contact Timm at NGDEVTEAM regarding if he will. I personally never did ask him because I pre-ordered on the spot. I'm sure he would be willing to let you know on what to do next regarding to be on stand by. Usually it's a first come, first serve. But lately, he's been keeping the pre-orders longer than usual so certainly all is possible regarding this. He can help you. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

And I almost forgot to mention and big shoutout to Reaperman. He's been with us since day 1 of the Neo-Geo thread posting his collection and cool arcade sticks for us on the thread. I'm trying to get something nice to add for his already excellent collection for sure. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Well the rest of my fun stuff arrived. Last time on the Neo-Geo additions I added a Top Hunter kit contents without the box, and also Shock Troopers with the mini marquee.

This time, the 5 games added are: 3 Count Bout, Blue's Journey, and Captain Tomaday in the first bundle. The second one arrived today and those two gems coming with shockboxes with nice art -- Andro Dunos and Garou Mark of the Wolves. My paypal took a reaming this month but when you see a deal an idiot would ignore you do it, and now I'm hopefully done for now unless something else unavoidable pops up.

The wall of MVS:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EnjgsGhWuvZ93BgC3

And then the shockboxes w/games

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c7rIHpGRfc6notea2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3YMf58DJDpepUNjM2

• Like 2

Well the rest of my fun stuff arrived. Last time on the Neo-Geo additions I added a Top Hunter kit contents without the box, and also Shock Troopers with the mini marquee.

This time, the 5 games added are: 3 Count Bout, Blue's Journey, and Captain Tomaday in the first bundle. The second one arrived today and those two gems coming with shockboxes with nice art -- Andro Dunos and Garou Mark of the Wolves. My paypal took a reaming this month but when you see a deal an idiot would ignore you do it, and now I'm hopefully done for now unless something else unavoidable pops up.

The wall of MVS:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EnjgsGhWuvZ93BgC3

And then the shockboxes w/games

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c7rIHpGRfc6notea2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3YMf58DJDpepUNjM2

Ah-Ha!!! Now you're talking Tanooki! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love 3 Count Bout. Its my favorite sports title on the Neo-Geo and glad you have that one to add to your Great Wall of Neo-Geo! :-D

Wow. you got Andro Dunos and Mark of the Wolves. I'm super jealous and they look fantastic. Very nice indeed. You got my jaw dropped on those two titles for sure! I personally like the Turquoise color on the MotW cart. It really makes it stands out, I remember Rage of the Dragons also has that color on it as well. Really awesome.

Well done Tanooki. The Great Wall of Neo-Geo is getting longer like the Chinese version in China. :-D Keep it up. We can't wait to see your next deals you'll pick up in the immediate future.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Heroines' "Haphazard Odyssey" begins. Chapter 15: Evilpot. #KOF14 #KOFXIVpic.twitter.com/leS3kEIWVM

DElSla9UwAE5obz.jpg

ヒロインたちの"なりゆき大冒険"が始まる! かたてまマンガ「なりゆきクエスト」第15話を掲載!#KOF14 #KOFXIV http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page3.php pic.twitter.com/3TzOn88Oij

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Heroines becoming big adventure begins! On the katatema comics "progress quest" episode 15! #KOF14 http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page3.php #ttps://t.co/5H69v3pq80

DElSuYtVYAQFS4a.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1