IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey guys,

Remember the pictures regarding Atariage member Zap!'s American AES unit that was posted here? Well here's a video from Zap! 24 years ago with his AES unit in action with a few friends of his. Enjoy.

Love watching classic home videos with family and friends playing video games. :)

Now

f31874039e34dbfcd83a06e2a2d42f09.jpg

And then (24 years ago in 1993)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

This afternoon where with Cr8zyKuban0 showing his Neo-Geo AES collection and mentioning his Neo-Geo memories for us after 8 years. Nice video to watch and to enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Cant believe its been 8 years since i've owned a neo geo aes. Seems like yesterday when i was unboxing it for the first time! Hope yall enjoy this video!"

Anthony

Hey guys,

Back with DaBrute00 with another great video. You remember Brute when he did the King of Fighters video to help contribute to the 3rd year anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread. So to thank him for taking the time and dedication, I mailed some fun SNK compilation titles for him to enjoy.

Here they are as listed.

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.1 PS2

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.2 PS2

Art of Fighting Anthology PS2

World Heroes Anthology PS2.

I still have plenty of these from a few Gamestops that were folding at the time at discounted prices. So more donations will be done with these and others in my Neo-Geo collection that I plan to lighten the load to make room in my pad.

So now, let's see what Brute has to say shall we? :)

From the description,

"WASSUP EVERYBODY, and happy Tuesday!!!! Today I am unveiling my new segment BRUTAL FAN LOOT!!! I go trough the awesome gifts that my fans send me!! Today my good friend Tony sent me some awesome SNK games. Be sure to show him some love and check out his thread :-)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR3HQrfg1tQ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

This afternoon where with Cr8zyKuban0 showing his Neo-Geo AES collection and mentioning his Neo-Geo memories for us after 8 years. Nice video to watch and to enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Cant believe its been 8 years since i've owned a neo geo aes. Seems like yesterday when i was unboxing it for the first time! Hope yall enjoy this video!"[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0D_W46vVNM

Anthony

Pretty great collection.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Aquele sonho de ter um NEOGEO CD realizado. #SNK #retrogamingpic.twitter.com/hlI6tf9WdE

Translate from Portuguese
Translated from Portuguese by BingWrong translation?

That dream of having a NEOGEO CD. #SNK #retrogaming

CMGDwROWIAArAQT.jpg

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Realizando o sonho de coleção! Coloca ficha! #neogeo #neogeoaes #collection #gamer #snkpic.twitter.com/raNBEAHGtH

Realizing the dream of collection! Put plug! #neogeo #neogeoaes #collection #gamer #snk

C4uhXV8XUAEp4iP.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. KOF 94 , NAM 1975 e Art of Fighting 2 chegaram pra completar a coleção do Neo Geo. #collection #snk #Neogeo #retrogaming #gamerpic.twitter.com/kFMJ8bNEwZ

KOF 94, NAM 1975 and Art of Fighting 2 arrived to complete the collection of the Neo Geo. #snk #Neogeo #retrogaming #collection #gamer

C45ZabWVUAc36mF.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Neo-Geo AES vindo diretamente do JP. Completinho! 1f47e.png1f604.png1f579.png... que coisa linda! #collection #snk #retrogaming #gamers #Neogeo pic.twitter.com/Z30m1v04Xi

that beautiful thing! #collection #snk #retrogaming #gamers #Neogeo

C7eRWZwXQAAzVMc.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. Fotos do processo de manutenção do meu #NEOGEO AES. Troca de capacitores, banho quimico e Fix das vertical lines. #retrogaming #collectionpic.twitter.com/iMyxa2mGMK

Photos of the process of maintaining my #NEOGEO AES. Exchange of capacitors, chemical bath and Fix the vertical lines. #retrogaming #collection

C6_0jTqWoAA-Xqb.jpg
    C6_0jT1WsAAO1br.jpg
    C6_0jUEW0AAwjQt.jpg
    C6_0jT9WsAAwRE9.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Anthony..

Wright, OK so finally got the Neo HomeCart off to be looked at so thats all good now the next mission is getting the CDZ fitted with a BIOS and a Language mod. Ive spoke to Raz and he doest fit it but will sell the BIOS and I need some one to fit it myself?

Finally got hold of the guys at ConsolePassion Ant and they no longer do MODs or repairs so that was super disappointing, was really hoping they'd come up trumps, I'll give that Neo'tropilis a go.

Just looking at your pics and stuff for that Nightmare in the Dark, played it for the first time on Monday and its a really good game, really enjoyed it. Is it an official SNK game and did it not make it to Cart or CD?

And Geese for Tekken7, Im still in shock!

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Wright, OK so finally got the Neo HomeCart off to be looked at so thats all good now the next mission is getting the CDZ fitted with a BIOS and a Language mod. Ive spoke to Raz and he doest fit it but will sell the BIOS and I need some one to fit it myself?

Finally got hold of the guys at ConsolePassion Ant and they no longer do MODs or repairs so that was super disappointing, was really hoping they'd come up trumps, I'll give that Neo'tropilis a go.

Just looking at your pics and stuff for that Nightmare in the Dark, played it for the first time on Monday and its a really good game, really enjoyed it. Is it an official SNK game and did it not make it to Cart or CD?

And Geese for Tekken7, Im still in shock!

Hey Matty,

I'm sorry to here that Console Passion doesn't doesn't do work for the Neo-Geo anymore. That's a bummer for sure. But glad that Raz got in touch with you and will help you out. Try that Neotropolis out and see what they have to say. They do get back to replies and they do good work. Let's see what they have to say.

Yes, Nightmare in the Dark is an Official SNK title. Sadly, it wasn't avalible for the CD. But its a game that will really keep you busy and worth investing no doubt. :)

That makes two of us regarding Geese Howard for Tekken 7. Really is awesome. :-D

Anthony..

• Like 1

I love Nightmare in the dark, it kinda reminds me a bit of Rainbow Island and Bubble Bobble for the Amiga I really enjoyed it. Did it get an official release for homeport because I don't remember seeing it!

Yeah Raz will update my Bios witch is cool because I'm still running 2.3 from ten years ago so its well overdue. Still gotta find someone to MOD my CDZ! :(

Also is there a way to get in touch with retro HQ regarding the NGPC Flash card?

MJ

• Like 1

Yes my box is the black one no serial # on box.. :(

That's fine Darrin. :)

Having the unit itself is historic. Keep that unit in your possession as long as you can possibly could. It represents the early beginnings of the Neo-Geo, and glad is still working after 27 years. :)

Anthony..

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. NIGHTMARE IN THE DARK #NeoGeo MVS ORIGINAL arcade game pcb cart spiel 1f525.png1f517.pnghttps://deal.vg/qxtj6Jv pic.twitter.com/9tmMHcCaIQ

DERzlTgWsAAr6Tm.jpg

Anthony...

Nightmare in the Dark is one of my favorites on the MVS and I play it all the time. I always have trouble on level 3-5 lol anyone else? Or is it just me? Its funny because I recently got an adapter from JNX to play other pcb in my cabinet and the game I got was Joe and Mac Returns and its played the same way as Nightmare in the Dark so I immediately loved it lol. If you like Nightmare in the Dark then definitely check out Joe and Mac Returns If you get a chance.

post-46128-0-34206200-1500510712_thumb.jpg

post-46128-0-02938200-1500510724_thumb.jpg

post-46128-0-85128400-1500511095_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nightmare in the Dark is one of my favorites on the MVS and I play it all the time. I always have trouble on level 3-5 lol anyone else? Or is it just me? Its funny because I recently got an adapter from JNX to play other pcb in my cabinet and the game I got was Joe and Mac Returns and its played the same way as Nightmare in the Dark so I immediately loved it lol. If you like Nightmare in the Dark then definitely check out Joe and Mac Returns If you get a chance.

Hey Red,

Glad to see you again bro. Nightmare in the Dark is really a fun game. Happy to know you spend many hours with this MVS exclusive. I use to play this plenty of times in the arcades. I haven't in a while though. But it's always cool to see videos regarding it. Maybe in the future, you would like to upload your own version for others to see it. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Heroines' "Haphazard Odyssey" begins. Chapter 16: A Curse Doll. #KOF14 #KOFXIVpic.twitter.com/p70H2DFz1K

DFJWrJuUMAA3t9t.jpg

ヒロインたちの"なりゆき大冒険"が始まる! かたてまマンガ「なりゆきクエスト」第16話を掲載!#KOF14 #KOFXIV http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page4.php pic.twitter.com/PXy0v5iBTM

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Heroines becoming big adventure begins! On the katatema comics "progress quest" episode 16! #KOF14 http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/narique/manga/page4.php #ttps://t.co/v5H2j90s8x

DFJU3DIUMAAPxJc.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「アスワン」を追加しました!7月26日(水)まで先行獲得を実施中です! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170720_01hfjzr.html pic.twitter.com/zZep1dT1jG

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

MSA update: added new unit "Aswan"! 7/26 (Wednesday) early acquisition is underway! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170720_01hfjzr.html #ttps://t.co/vObj5MD5xy

DFJY3agUMAAPAyX.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1