IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey Matty,

Yes, I was looking at that unit myself. Looks pretty cool and I would like to look into it more. I would like to see more of it and here reviews regarding the overall experience of the gamplay. If all goes well. I'll certainly invest in one. :)

Anthony..

Hahaha. Well sorry if I was late to the party regarding RetroExchange/CEX London Matty. But is there any other good locations now since this establishment is considered a bummer now? Any other interesting retro games stores you visited as of late that's worth mentioning to us?

Anthony..

Yeah I think that PolyMege console looks awesome and the load times of actual CD games kills the CDZ its like 5 seconds! Looks brilliant! I really hope it does well!

And as for shops that sell Neo games I can't think of any truth be told There use to be a handful in and around London, a couple in Brum and and few up north but with the net being more and more accessible over the years I think its killed most of these stores!

Oh and had my Neo Home Carts back today and WOW its perfect, absolutely spot on it was Gadget having a look at it for me, but requested I keep it quiet until he sorted it so obviously I had to respect his wishes but he's gave me the green light to discus it and my days he's like an electronic wizard! Im buzzing!

MJ

• Like 1

Yeah I think that PolyMege console looks awesome and the load times of actual CD games kills the CDZ its like 5 seconds! Looks brilliant! I really hope it does well!

And as for shops that sell Neo games I can't think of any truth be told There use to be a handful in and around London, a couple in Brum and and few up north but with the net being more and more accessible over the years I think its killed most of these stores!

Oh and had my Neo Home Carts back today and WOW its perfect, absolutely spot on it was Gadget having a look at it for me, but requested I keep it quiet until he sorted it so obviously I had to respect his wishes but he's gave me the green light to discus it and my days he's like an electronic wizard! Im buzzing!

MJ

Yeah, me too Matty, I would like to see the next trailer for the PolyMega soon. Since it did a good job intriguing me. :-D Maybe if all works well, I would pre-order one to have in my collection and gaming station of mine.

Ooooh. Glad that your home carts are back MJ. Gadget is an awesome dude and a true gentlemen. He comes by and has a look around the thread. But is a great contributor with his maintenance and repair videos to help the fellow Neo-Geo owners out if needed. :)

Did he make a video on Youtube with your carts?

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with another maintence & repair video with fellow Atariage member and well known contributor, GadgetUK. Here we see the kind sir helping Atariage member and Neo-Geo thread contributor mattyjjemkins with a sound concern that occurred recently on his AES unit. So Gadget has done what he does best for his clients...repair them to tip-top playable condition.. :-D Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"A short video covering the really simple fix to a friends Neo Geo AES. You can check out Matts channel below. In this video I briefly show some differences between the 5v and 9v PCBs, and talk about the piggy back BIOS mod."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Yeah, me too Matty, I would like to see the next trailer for the PolyMega soon. Since it did a good job intriguing me. :-D Maybe if all works well, I would pre-order one to have in my collection and gaming station of mine.

Ooooh. Glad that your home carts are back MJ. Gadget is an awesome dude and a true gentlemen. He comes by and has a look around the thread. But is a great contributor with his maintenance and repair videos to help the fellow Neo-Geo owners out if needed. :)

Did he make a video on Youtube with your carts?

Anthony..

Yeah Im really looking forward to the PolyMega, defiantly going to buy one really intrigued by the whole concept and although I love the CD format and load-times don't bother me one jot would love to see super hi-speed load times from the Mega!

Yeah you found Gadgets video it wasn't live earlier but he's put it up now but my god that geeza really knows his onions like Neil I don't think theres anything those two couldn't do! As I said to Gadget and Neil I wouldn't have a clue not a clue even if my life depended on it. I did take the top off the console to see if there was anything super noticeable but I never noticed the 'punctured' wire.

I had the hospital this morning but since getting home I've had it running all day and not once has it 'screeched'.

Job well done for sure! MJ

• Like 1

Yeah Im really looking forward to the PolyMega, defiantly going to buy one really intrigued by the whole concept and although I love the CD format and load-times don't bother me one jot would love to see super hi-speed load times from the Mega!

Yeah you found Gadgets video it wasn't live earlier but he's put it up now but my god that geeza really knows his onions like Neil I don't think theres anything those two couldn't do! As I said to Gadget and Neil I wouldn't have a clue not a clue even if my life depended on it. I did take the top off the console to see if there was anything super noticeable but I never noticed the 'punctured' wire.

I had the hospital this morning but since getting home I've had it running all day and not once has it 'screeched'.

Good to know Matty.

Glad that everything is going your way. Now it's a matter of time to see you in action making videos of all three. :-D We can assure you, it will be awesome to say the least. We can wait to see what you have up your sleeve bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Does anyone know the AES games that were released in Japan only? I know there are a few.

Hey Evan,

Legend of Success Joe

All the Mahjong titles

Chibi Maruko-chan: Maruko Deluxe Quiz

Those are just off the top of my head. But I think that really covers it Hope this helps.

Anthony..

We been debating if this is legit on http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261689-retroblox/

Mostly we have doubts that PolyMega redid from scratch so many emulators, that they were able to make their own bios while still supporting all the games on those platforms at 100%, and if they actually figured a software solution that allows a Real cart SuperFX chip to communicate with the emulator box without realtime performance issues.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 本日 8/7(月)より「君はヒーロー ~対決!ご当地怪人編~」の正式配信を開始いたしました。個性豊かなヒーローやご当地怪人たちが登場!豪華声優陣のボイスで、熱いストーリーや爽快感抜群のバトルが楽しめます! https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/ #キミヒロpic.twitter.com/ekqjRsAcOR

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Notice] today 8/7( month) than "you are Hero-Showdown! Local Monster Edition ~ "of started the official distribution. Is your local phantom heroes unique! Gorgeous actors voice a hot story and the exhilaration of battle! https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/ #キミヒロ

DGnI5_2UMAAZU_p.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 本日からSRヒーロー「ストライカー」獲得キャンペーンを実施中!キャンペーンはプレイヤーランクが10以上になると開放されます。「ストライカー」の能力は第1章の敵「タコボール」や「キューバーン」に効果的です! #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/190 pic.twitter.com/qEv85juXs9

Translate from Japanese

Notice: from today's SR hero "striker" campaign underway! As campaigns become more than 10 ranked player will open. "Striker" capability is effective enemies Chapter 1 of "Octopus ball" or "Cuban"! https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/190 #ttps://t.co/OPvzIZFWKW

DGnMZ09U0AAeyNu.png

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【お知らせ】 本日より「君はヒーロー」リリース記念特別ログインボーナスを実施!アプリにログインしていただくと最大7日間、豪華ログインボーナスをプレゼント。最終日の7日目にはSRヒーロー「サイバーフォックス」をプレゼント! #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/172 pic.twitter.com/nlsIQNcwp8

Translate from Japanese

[Notice] today "you are hero." release commemorative implement login bonus! Login to your app and presents gorgeous login bonus for up to 7 days. On the seventh day of the last SR hero "cyberfox"! https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/172 #ttps://t.co/vUnGZSZ1mY

DGnMvRiUwAE-U6f.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. キミヒロ リリース記念に特設サイトもオープン2728.png・:*+.(( °ω° ))/.:+ 昭和を感じるレトロな雰囲気でキミヒロの世界へ誘います1f481.png#キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/meteor/ pic.twitter.com/UcyhIQWtXp

Translate from Japanese

Kimihiro release Memorial Web site opened ・:*+.((° ω ))/.:+ Showa retro atmosphere invite to kimihiro world https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/meteor/ #ttps://t.co/q2iUeP1iPP

DGrpvjMUQAAp5fF.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Translate from Japanese

Already packaged version of KOF XIV you have DLC additional carpark rates get four additional characters to a shot-gun, including Sakiyama, I suggest you https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/%e3%82%b2%e3%83%bc%e3%83%a0/%e8%bf%bd%e5%8a%a0%e3%82%a2%e3%82%a4%e3%83%86%e3%83%a0/kof-xiv-%e8%bf%bd%e5%8a%a0%e3%82%ad%e3%83%a3%e3%83%a9%e3%82%af%e3%82%bf%e3%83%bc%e3%83%91%e3%83%83%e3%82%af/cid=JP0576-CUSA02446_00-CHARACTERSET0000

DGrhPZvUQAQuQ-d.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

METAL SLUG ATTACK: Check out this gameplay video of the new unit "MORDEN BUS"! #MSA

METAL SLUG ATTACK: Check out this gameplay video of the new unit "TIGER MACHA"! #MSA

Anthony..

Hello all.

My name is Neo Gunloc and I'm new here.

Thanks to fdurso224 for sharing my video in this site, wich got me to sign up.

I'm a longtime gamer and fighting game collector with a passion for the Neo-Geo ever since the early nineties.

Going on holiday to Italy with my parents, I was introduced to the marvelous Neo-Geo MVS Arcade system by playing Fatal Fury 2, 3 Count Bout and World Heroes 2.

(I'm still looking to add the latter 2 titles to my AES collection.)

Other than that, I love both retro and modern gaming, owning various systems such as : Sega Mega Drive with Mega CD (Genesis with Sega CD in the US), Dreamcast, Playstation 1 to 4, Xbox Classic, SuperNES, GameCube, N64 and of course.. both my Neo-Geo AES and Neo-Geo CD (The toploader model wich is sadly not working at the moment.)

I have also played a lot of games on Commodore 64, Amiga, DOS PC and of course, the Atari 2600. (I absolutley love River Raid and Defender.)

Anyway, I hope to meet many more retro collectors on this forum.

See you all around guys.

And once again, a very special thanks to fdurso224 for sharing my YouTube video.

Neo Gunloc.

Hi guys,

This evening were with Neo Gunloc. Here was see the kind sir showing us his Neo-Geo AES unit and title collection he has in his possession. We will also be listing to why the Neo-Geo is his favorite console as well. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"For my first commentary video, I would like to talk about my favorite console, the Neo Geo AES.

This video is about my passion for Neo Geo systems and games.
Games like The King of Fighters And Fatal Fury."

Anthony...

• Like 2

Mate I'm so chuffed both home consoles are up and running sweetly and I'm over the moon I've now a fully working Pocket Color. I've now all three Neo in tip top order! Gunna make a video now there all running at there best, It's just this month is a bit of a hectic one I've just had two ops in 3 weeks and I've another op Thursday and the following Tuesday so trying to fit recording sessions around recovery is going to be tricky but I'll manage it some he'll! MJ

• Like 1

Hello all.

My name is Neo Gunloc and I'm new here.

Thanks to fdurso224 for sharing my video in this site, wich got me to sign up.

I'm a longtime gamer and fighting game collector with a passion for the Neo-Geo ever since the early nineties.

Going on holiday to Italy with my parents, I was introduced to the marvelous Neo-Geo MVS Arcade system by playing Fatal Fury 2, 3 Count Bout and World Heroes 2.

(I'm still looking to add the latter 2 titles to my AES collection.)

Other than that, I love both retro and modern gaming, owning various systems such as : Sega Mega Drive with Mega CD (Genesis with Sega CD in the US), Dreamcast, Playstation 1 to 4, Xbox Classic, SuperNES, GameCube, N64 and of course.. both my Neo-Geo AES and Neo-Geo CD (The toploader model wich is sadly not working at the moment.)

I have also played a lot of games on Commodore 64, Amiga, DOS PC and of course, the Atari 2600. (I absolutley love River Raid and Defender.)

Anyway, I hope to meet many more retro collectors on this forum.

See you all around guys.

And once again, a very special thanks to fdurso224 for sharing my YouTube video.

Neo Gunloc.

Hey Gunloc,

Thank you for participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread and glad to see you on Atariage.com. Welcome aboard! :waving:

Please enjoy your stay with the many entertaining postings that we have to offer to the community. Were glad to accept new members here and happy to have you partake to the many conversations that we have on the Neo-Geo thread. Much obliged kind sir. We can wait to see what you have in store for us! :)

If you have any inquires that pertain to the Neo-Geo, feel free to post here onto the thread. Will be thrilled to answer you as prompt as possible. You're also welcome to retract on the many pages that we accumulated here on the Neo-Geo thread as well. Hopefully, we have a posting that will be to your benefit for you . :)

Thank you again Gunloc for sharing your nice collection of your AES games and your unit. Glad to see you enjoy a variety of modern and retro units as well. Excellent to know that Fatal Fury 2, 3, 3 Count Bout (my favorite sports title on the Neo-Geo), and World Heroes 2 help paved the way for your interest for the console and arcade units.

Anyway, Its a pleasure meeting you. Hope you have all the fun here on the Neo-Geo thread and throughout Atariage! :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Mate I'm so chuffed both home consoles are up and running sweetly and I'm over the moon I've now a fully working Pocket Color. I've now all three Neo in tip top order! Gunna make a video now there all running at there best, It's just this month is a bit of a hectic one I've just had two ops in 3 weeks and I've another op Thursday and the following Tuesday so trying to fit recording sessions around recovery is going to be tricky but I'll manage it some he'll! MJ

Glad things are going your way Matty. :thumbsup: We would love to see a video of all three of your units together bro. Wishing you the best with them and your health my good man. :)

If you need anymore help or have more questions Matty, keep them coming. Will be glad to assist you as always. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1