IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I only recently discovered this game. I love the gameplay, almost felt it was ahead of its time. Hilarious game to pick up and play with friends!

Glad that Savage Reign is to your liking Field. Maybe we can see you and Erick play this gem of a title on your channel someday. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Does anybody have a collection of all the sound effects and voice samples from the first Fatal Fury? I need them right away.

Maybe this can help you Dalla.

SNK licensed a soundtrack called "SNK Sounds Collection" by Scitron Records. Its in regards to the sound effects and voices of SNK characters. Maybe they have what you're looking for. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Brilliant review! Thanks Ant for pointing this out to me! Cant really disagree with anything said in it either!

As said the later instalments to the KOF franchise were superior but 94 is still a brilliant game, personally 94 was the game that really 'did it' for me, its was also the time that I really got in to using just 4 buttons in a fighter as opposed to Capcoms 6 button set up. The animation, drawings and backgrounds in 94 and 95 flicked the switch that really got my SNK obsession going!

Out of all the KOF games its 99 on the Dreamcast I first think of when people mention and talk about the franchise the 'sudo' 3D backgrounds were outstanding, the airport especially sticks in mind.

Great review!

MJ

Hey Matty,

Glad to see you back on with us. Hope you're feeling better. Glad you liked Jarrod's King of Fighters '94 review. I asked paul to come by and se it for himself since this game brings him fond memories. But I enjoy this early title as well. Personally KOF '98 is my favorite and the vast majority would agree. But 94 does have plenty to offer and glad the new generation for gamers are getting involved with this fantastic title as well.

Ah, so your a KOF '99 and on Dreamcast huh? :-D I got to look up a video for you now so you can see it. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Always wonder what was SNK reaction to the FM Towns Gaming PC's by Fujitsu (the first PC's with Arcade quality ports for the Home),

Plus the Marty the Home console version that came out in early 93 with 32 bit graphics and was CD based, somewhat of a rival to the Neo Geo CD

Quite a few MVS titles were ported by Ving

Personally enoofu,

Much as I love the Neo-Geo and the amazing games that came about for the units, it was Neo-Geo that sadly bankrupt the original SNK in 2001. :(

But your right, Fujitsu really showed the power on the FM Towns Gaming PC's. Since SNK was started back in 1978 because of popular trends with video games, SNK should've been motivated by it and started a separate division and went the 32-bit gaming route which would've prepared them with revival CD based consoles from Sega and Sony. But instead, they just concentrated with Neo-Geo 2D technology and went the NGCD route that became costly in Japan, and a disaster in North America.

I felt that if SNK wanted to be innovative like the Neo-Geo, they had to be one step ahead of the competition and released 32-bit gaming units in the early 90's. Unfortunately, it cost them dearly by avoiding it. That's how I feel about it.

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

1. [EVO JAPAN SNK booth info] Finally we received our original KOF XIV Votive Tablet (=Ema) for KOF XIV tournament competitors! We SNK hope that all of you KOF XIV competitors will do your best at EVO JAPAN with these! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/RjZwmRl8df

DUUIrBQV4AASwF1.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【EVO Japan】SNKブースがオープンしました!ぜひお越しください! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/X2Me78a95L

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Bing

[EVO Japan] SNK booth is now open! Please take a look at! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINES

DUbDV5MVQAAMAXT.jpg
    DUbDV5NVMAA__h5.jpg
    DUbDV5OV4AA4rMr.jpg

Hi guys,

1. 【EVO Japan】SNKブースの試遊コーナーではDLCキャラクター「オズワルド」をプレイいただけます!ぜひお越しください! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/Vw8XGClr5t

Translate from Japanese

[EVO Japan] The SNK booth assay can play the DLC character "Oswald" in the play corner! Please take a look at! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINES

DUbQt_NUQAA-y9A.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【EVO Japan】SNKブースの物販コーナーでは、SNK 40th記念Tシャツなど販売中です!ぜひお越しください! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/IjTFAzclFa

Translate from Japanese

[EVO Japan] Of the SNK booth sales corner, is now on sale, such as SNK 40th anniversary t-shirt! Please take a look at! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINES

DUbXUBrVMAI1gTK.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【EVO Japan】SNKブースのコンパニオンさんです!#evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/kGLFi6RNyE

Translate from Japanese

[EVO Japan] SNK booth companions that it is! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINES

DUbM71iVAAAncGb.jpg
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

ALRIGHT!! G-Mantle is back. The Neo-Geo's original mascot. :)

1. 【EVO Japan】SNKブースのお客様 #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/HKxAxOVxRB

Translate from Japanese

[EVO Japan] Guests of the SNK booth #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINES

DUcGPioVMAEFacr.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. One of the most amazing gifts I’ve ever received... thank you @SNKPofficial @SNKPofficial_jp & Ogura-san for this original artwork! #MARKMANinJPN #EvoJapan2018pic.twitter.com/zhYffIqrdy

DUYa8G-VAAAIyHw.jpg
    DUYa8G9U0AANktE.jpg
    DUYa8HBVoAAx4M6.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Nintendo Switch「アケアカNEOGEO」シリーズ、「アーケードアーカイブス」シリーズが、全世界累計で100万ダウンロードを突破!たくさんのみなさまにダウンロードしていただきありがとうございました!今後もNintendo Switchにアーケードゲームの名作が続々登場します。これからもご期待ください!pic.twitter.com/x9Ch4b9nUL

Translate from Japanese

Nintendo Switch "ACEA CA NEOGEO" series, the "archerdarkhaibs" series all over the world in 1 million downloads exceeded! Download the lot thank you very much! Will the released arcade game classic Nintendo switch. From so stay tuned!

DUYKhwdVQAAD3X2.jpg

Anthony...

1. 【EVO Japan】SNKブース(1/26〜1/27)にて『KOF XIV』の新規DLCキャラクター「オズワルド」の先行試遊を実施!ぜひお越しください! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/h9rzaq7alc

Translate from Japanese

[EVO Japan] SNK booth (1 / 26 〜 1 / 27) "KOF XIV' new DLC character"Oswald"leading attempts to play! Please take a look at! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINES

DUZ-jtHVQAADeyy.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

KOF XIV: Oswald DLC Character

The poker-playing gentlemen Oswald will be entering THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV as a DLC Character!

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV is now available. Get more details and purchase the game in the website below.

1. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: "オズワルド"のコマンドリストを公開! #SNK #KOF #KOFXIV #KOF14pic.twitter.com/ANPHKyp8FD

Translate from Japanese

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: "Oswald" command lists available! #SNK #KOF #KOFXIV #KOF14

DUZ7QC3UMAAH1dG.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Interesting news regarding NGDEVTEAM with pre-orders for Kraut Buster, Fast Striker, and Razion. Her'es what they had to say from a Q&A I mentioned.

Gentlemen....I regards to the final pre-order attempt of Kraut Buster AES, do you have a month in mind when that will come about? The reason why for the question is to prepare myself to make the payment in full.

1170822_570007833055495_1120686779_n.png
NG Dev Team Hello,
1h
Kraut Buster AES returns for a 2nd run pre order in the next few months.
First in line is currently a Fast Striker AES reprint.
Razion AES maybe in 2019.
But it's possible we switch both FS and KB around.

We will keep the pre orders open for about 4-8 weeks.

We will send out our newsletter and post it on facebook.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Have any of you guys been to EVO vegas??? Def debating on going this year!

My brother went to EVO a few times Field He says it's amazing. He keeps telling me to go every year but I'm always busy doing something instead. :(

But, overall, he recommends going there. Hope this helps Field. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. EVO Japan 2018 DAY 2 、今日も8時から当日選手登録が開始。 会場内は暑いですが、外はとても寒いです。 一日満喫するためにも、恰好には気を付けて! #EvoJapan2018pic.twitter.com/6IdmJNoWJO

Translate from Japanese

EVO Japan 2018 DAY 2, today from 8 a.m. on the day of player registration begins. Is hot inside, cold outside. In order to enjoy the day externals with care! #EvoJapan2018

DUgKBE2U0AA2xYb.jpg
    DUgKC7uU8AAvoLP.jpg
    DUgKFXRVQAABB4E.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【EVO Japan】SNKブースがオープンしました!皆さまのお越しをお待ちしております!#evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINESpic.twitter.com/f7eqbqxHqx

Translate from Japanese

[EVO Japan] SNK booth is now open! I look forward to! #evojapan2018 #SNK #KOF #SNKHEROINES

DUgTR91VAAAwi-b.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 今日もお美しい,SNKブースのおねーさん達。#evojapan2018pic.twitter.com/uU33YMFlnH

Translate from Japanese

Today is beautiful, SNK booth and he-and I were. #evojapan2018

DUgeAfOV4AE-wLG.jpg
    DUgeA-BV4AAvlHh.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. EVOに来た‼︎ SNKさんブースに胸熱‼︎pic.twitter.com/dGbUGcFjSs

Translate from Japanese

Came to the EVO ‼︎ SNK's booth to chest fever ‼︎

DUhlzWaVwAAgm3v.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back with maintenance and repair videos for those that like to fix their Neo-Geo units with their own to hands.

So this morning, were with Emmett Turner that recently purchase a fixable console, and brought it back to playable condition with additional upgrade to have some kick to it. Enjoy. :)

From the secription,

"I ordered a junk AES from Japan expecting issues. The seller described it as "not powering on" but that's not what I discovered. Follow along with me as I try to get this thing going!

Thanks to GadgetUK, HeavyMachineGun, and sr20det510 from Neo-Geo.com forums for their advice, encouragement, and inspiration."

Anthony...