IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I would like to say a huge Congratulations to Anthony for all the hard work and valuable information he provides in this thread 6 years and going. Also the great people who share their passion for the Neo Geo.

Keep up the great work Anthony!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtshark7 said:

I would like to say a huge Congratulations to Anthony for all the hard work and valuable information he provides in this thread 6 years and going. Also the great people who share their passion for the Neo Geo.

Keep up the great work Anthony!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Mark,

Thank you for stopping by and with the thoughtful words bro. We been together for years, and you were with the Neo-Geo thread since it started here on AtariAge. Thank you as always for what you do for the community and sharing your great content with us to benefit from bro. ;-)

Anthony...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Did he finally figure out how to hack that without the common issue of the joystick being messed up or bricking it?  I'd love to load up my set of games I own onto the thing that aren't on there now.

I'm not sure  if he did Tanooki. I believe he mention once in a video that he's trying to do so.

Anthony..

On 3/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, Darrin9999 said:

Thanks to Anthony! Happy 6th for the Neo Geo thread. This thread made me dig out and start enjoying the Neo Geo again..

Darrin

Thank you Darrin. Were glad that the Neo-Geo thread was able to help inspire you to play the Neo-Geo unit again bro. Always a pleasure to have you on with us. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【ガチャ】 3月28日 (土) 10:00より 「 もふもふアニマルDAYS」が開催予定

同時開催のイベント 「マネージャーは休養中!」で特別な効果を発揮する新規追加カードが手に入ります! 詳細はゲーム内お知らせをご確認ください。 ※開催時間は10:00からとなります。 #KOFG #KOF乙女
Translated from Japanese by
[Gacha] "Mofumofu Animal DAYS" to be held from March 28 (Sat) 10:00

You can get a new card that will show a special effect at the simultaneous event "Manager is resting!" Please check the in-game announcement for details. ※ Holding time is from 10:00. #KOFG#KOF乙女

1:00 AM · Mar 26, 2020

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#アーケードアーカイブス 怒III』明日3月26日配信決定! SNKのアクションシューティング(1989年発売) #Switch #PS4 https://famitsu.com/news/202003/25195345.html
" #アーケードアーカイブス Fury III] will be distributed on March 26 tomorrow! SNK action shooting (released in 1989) #Switch#PS4https://famitsu.com/news/202003/25195345.html

4:00 AM · Mar 25, 2020·famibot

Anthony..

7 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

I'm not sure  if he did Tanooki. I believe he mention once in a video that he's trying to do so.

Anthony..

Well if they can make it like hakchi bulletproof I'll do it.  Right now it's great on its own and not worth damaging joystick function which would render it useless.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:54 PM, fdurso224 said:

Hey Steve. That's some really interesting deals that you mention. that KOF '96 at that price is with getting and the controller as well. Once you buy and settle down with an AES unit, we would love to see it and see you in action playing on the console bro. 8^)

Anthony..

Well, the governor of Tokyo has asked everyone to avoid going anywhere until the 12th, especially this weekend, so it seems I might not go back to Akiba for some time.

That said, the 26th of April is the Neo Geo's 30th birthday, only 19 days after my own 30th and one day after pay day! Seems a good enough time to go buy one! The governor is seriously considering a lockdown, so if she decides to implements it, I might not be able to go depending on if/how long/etc., so I may have to wait another 2 months or so. Still, I will be getting a Neo Geo in the next few months, most likely AES just because it's easy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Well, the governor of Tokyo has asked everyone to avoid going anywhere until the 12th, especially this weekend, so it seems I might not go back to Akiba for some time.

That said, the 26th of April is the Neo Geo's 30th birthday, only 19 days after my own 30th and one day after pay day! Seems a good enough time to go buy one! The governor is seriously considering a lockdown, so if she decides to implements it, I might not be able to go depending on if/how long/etc., so I may have to wait another 2 months or so. Still, I will be getting a Neo Geo in the next few months, most likely AES just because it's easy.

Understood Steve. Once everything is all settled down and safe for all to do some purchasing, we would love to see you have a Neo-Geo AES. In regards to the unit, do you have a particular interest on getting a low or high serial number version?

Anthony..

6 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Understood Steve. Once everything is all settled down and safe for all to do some purchasing, we would love to see you have a Neo-Geo AES. In regards to the unit, do you have a particular interest on getting a low or high serial number version?

Anthony..

I never even thought about that. I guess for now I'll just have to see what is available in town. Lower would be nice, but if I don't have much of a choice, I'll take what I can find.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I never even thought about that. I guess for now I'll just have to see what is available in town. Lower would be nice, but if I don't have much of a choice, I'll take what I can find.

Gotcha Steve. If you like, the NGCD controllers also work on the AES. I use them plenty of times because there are times I find the big AES controllers a nuisance to take out and put away. The NGCD controllers are very responsive and work quite well on the AES.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Just now, fdurso224 said:

Gotcha Steve. If you like, the NGCD controllers also work on the AES. I use them plenty of times because there are times, I find the big AES controllers a nuisance to take out and put away. The NGCD controllers are very responsive and work quite well on the AES.

Anthony..

I'm not sure if I've seen a CD controller separately in town. I have seen a few of them together with Neo Geo CDs, though those are actually harder to find than the AES. I made a mistake by not buying that AES controller, I think. Either way, I'll look around to see if I can find a CD controller as well. I imagine they are much cheaper and easier to find than the AES controller. It seems the place where I found it is still open for business this weekend, so maybe I might go back and get that AES controller eventually.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I'm not sure if I've seen a CD controller separately in town. I have seen a few of them together with Neo Geo CDs, though those are actually harder to find than the AES. I made a mistake by not buying that AES controller, I think. Either way, I'll look around to see if I can find a CD controller as well. I imagine they are much cheaper and easier to find than the AES controller. It seems the place where I found it is still open for business this weekend, so maybe I might go back and get that AES controller eventually.

That's right Steve. Those NGCD controllers are cheaper and I recommend them. I have a few in the collection and like them just as much with the AES regular and pro controllers. I feel those would be a good investment to have. Some of our members here took my advice and love them on their AES consoles. 8^)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

METAL SLUG ATTACK: The event "JUMPER" is now available! #MSA App Store URL https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1012231677?mt=8 Google Play URL https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snkplaymore.android014

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【戦場に集え…侍魂達よ!】※拡散希望 SAMURAI SPIRITS オンラインシングルトーナメント 「天下布武~第三幕~」を開催致します! ●日時 4/26(日) 12:00~ ●エントリーフォーム http://to3-kof.com/4.26samurai_tenkafubu3.html 詳細は概要欄に記載していきます! 沢山のエントリーお待ちしております! #サムスピ #SNK
[Gather on the battlefield ... Samurai souls! ] ※ Hope for diffusion SAMURAI SPIRITS Online Single Tournament "Tenka Fukutake-Third Act-" will be held! ● Date and time 4/26 (Sun) 12: 00- ● Entry form http://to3-kof.com/4.26samurai_tenkafubu3.html Details will be described in the summary column! We look forward to many entries! #サムスピ#SNK

6:13 AM · Mar 27, 2020·

Anthony...

Hi guys,

3月31日まで “PlayStation Store”の「MEGA MARCH SALE」にて、SNK格闘ゲームを最大60%OFFでご提供!この機会をお見逃しなく! #SNK #KOF #サムスピ SAMURAI SPIRITS https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-CUSA12836_00-SAMURAISHODOWN07 KOF XIV https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-CUSA02446_00-KINGOFFIGHTERS14 SNKヒロインズ https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-CUSA08486_00-HEROINESTAGTEAMF
Until March 31, SNK fighting games are offered at a maximum of 60% off at "MEGA MARCH SALE" on the "PlayStation Store"! Do not miss this opportunity! #SNK#KOF#サムスピ SAMURAI SPIRITS https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-CUSA12836_00-SAMURAISHODOWN07 KOF XIV https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-CUSA02446_00-KINGOFFIGHTERS14 SNK Heroines https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0576-CUSA08486_00-HEROINESTAGTEAMF

5:37 AM · Mar 27, 2020·

Anthony..

Things are changing, and I'm rearranging my life (and first floor) to make room for a second arcade cabinet, which I've been wanting for a very long time. I think it's time to take one final picture of my Neo cabinet setup before it moves to a less ideal spot to make room.

First shot is from my 2nd floor kitchen/dining room, which has a cutout down to the first floor, where I have kept the Neo cab in a nice little corner nook next to the fireplace since 2009. (I've owned it since around 2003-2004)

xdSHfYTm.jpg

As near as I can figure it's a Romstar cabinet, which makes sense since I bought it in San Diego when I lived in California. Generic gray panels, no art outside of the marquee which I actually cut down and added myself in place of a weird hand-made one. I've seen a few other neos in this specific generic cabinet, but not many. It looks like it was originally configured as a 2-button--almost certainly a bust-a-move/puzzle bobble, which was the cart still in it when I bought it,  In total the cabinet has had over 92,000 quarters run through it according to the counter.  It's not at all collectible or nice like a big red, but has its own story.  Button layout is weird/bad, but it works very logically for the KOF games.

Next to it is my rolling game storage from (this post). Somewhat hidden away on top of the cabinet is a recent addition of an ancient Oreck air purifier--I'm a New Orleanian now, so have to have Oreck stuff, and I restored the purifier earlier this year.

Here's a ground-level shot with the storage cart pulled out.  It's where I keep most of my mvs collection--and also my PGM stuff.  Doubles are in another area, as is my fatal fury set.  Sitting on top of the cart storage is a tile drink coster, which is oddly my one of my most prized neo collectibles. (link)  Every neo geo fan should really check out the thread that spawned that piece of merch.

3krAG27m.jpg 6JAGAM7m.jpg

As for the new cabinet, I was always going to get a driving cab, and while I haven't yet sourced/purchased it, I've begun preparations for a San Francisco Rush 2049 (hopefully special edition).  It's the last game by Atari Games/Midway, and to me is as close to the perfect racing game as can be had.  The cabinet is also compatible with a great number of other Midway/Atari Games racers. I'm especially interested in trying to get a California Speed board to swap into it as well. I've been much more of an 'Atari Games' fan than an 'Atari' fan--ever since the split.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Reaperman said:

WOW! :-o That's amazing Reaper. Nice looking pics and loving yoursetup that you have. Sadly, I don't have room for an MVS unit to be added to the gameroom since space is very limited at this point. But always admired your pad with your arcade unit since it looks so cool Reaper. I love it. ;-)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Bloggo's POW. Here we see him with an unboxing video to show gratitude on the video he made for the 6th year anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread. He also included some awesome shooters to be played that are really exciting as well. Enjoy. ;-) 

Anthony...