IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I Helped my two sons play (the 3 year old needs some guidance, the 7 year old not so much) through Eight Man recently. Via emulation sadly, I just can't afford a real NG set up. Fun game and I liked the "running" levels.

Nicely done! Glad you and your children are enjoying a fun and entertaining game! Keep up the great parenting! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here is an up-to-date newsletter that came this morning regarding Neo XYX AES!

Dear customers,NEO XYX for AES starts shipping next week.Please contact us if your shipping address has changed since the order. Changing your shipping address in the shop effects only new orders. The old ones need to be manually updated by us.If you are on vacation, we can schedule your order for later shipping. Just let us know.Best regards,NG : DEV . TEAM

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today, I took out Magician Lord for the Neo Geo CD! I have the AES and MVS carts at home, but I wanted to take this one out because I haven't played it in a while. What a fantastic game! Its still on my replay list constantly and it gets better every time I play it on either platforms! If you can handle the load time on it. Its worth it. Fun, challenging, good music and worth every nickel to spend on it!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Magician Lord.. man, that's an old Neo game, back in the days of League Bowling and Nam-1975!

Random thought.. I'm glad NG didn't go with the "strip Mah-Jong" genre..

Hahahaha.. No argument here Russ with strip Mah-Jong! What goes in Japan, stays in Japan! :D

Magician Lord was a real challenging game when I first played it! I heard about it in elementary school and how fellow classmates were saying they spent plenty of quarters and couldn't beat the game! From then on, they weren't kidding! Alpha (ADK) did a fantastic job and it was "a first of many" title that led me to come back for more MVS playing in Dairy Queen, the arcades, and many other locations!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today I took out my JP Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer for the AES! Now this fighting game is a true gem and wish more players would look into this title! It was developed by Technos of Japan and its a solid title to play. The controls music, and storyline are good and the replay value is high in this game. Well worth it!

Anthony...

Hi everybody I'm kind of new to Atariage. I just found this neo geo thread so I may as well post in it. I just got back from SGC (gaming convention in Dallas) and I picked up some AES games for some good prices. I got Blue's Journey, World Heroes, and Sengoku ( these were all the US versions). This brings my total to 6 neo geo games. I played through Blue's Journey already and thought that it was a fun platformer. I need to get a 2nd controller so I can play this through again with a friend. Sengoku is pretty fun though sometimes it is hard to hit someone without getting hit yourself. I honestly wasn't too impressed by World Heroes but then again I haven't played much of it yet. Coming from KOF 98, it seemed kind of slow and basic. I love my AES and hope to get more games in the future. I really want to get Magician Lord but I can't find one for a good price. Is anyone selling neo geo stuff on Atariage?

• Like 1

Hi everybody I'm kind of new to Atariage. I just found this neo geo thread so I may as well post in it. I just got back from SGC (gaming convention in Dallas) and I picked up some AES games for some good prices. I got Blue's Journey, World Heroes, and Sengoku ( these were all the US versions). This brings my total to 6 neo geo games. I played through Blue's Journey already and thought that it was a fun platformer. I need to get a 2nd controller so I can play this through again with a friend. Sengoku is pretty fun though sometimes it is hard to hit someone without getting hit yourself. I honestly wasn't too impressed by World Heroes but then again I haven't played much of it yet. Coming from KOF 98, it seemed kind of slow and basic. I love my AES and hope to get more games in the future. I really want to get Magician Lord but I can't find one for a good price. Is anyone selling neo geo stuff on Atariage?

Congratulations on purchasing your AES! Glad that your into the Neo-Geo scene and playing some good games already! For Magician Lord, the English version is cheaper than the Japanese! If your looking to buy some games for the Neo on this site, go to the wanted section and post there.

On Ebay, a seller has some AES games that are brand-new and the seal was never open on them! I wouldn't say that they are cheap! But they are new! Here is the links to them!

Ghost Pilots

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GHOST-PILOTS-GAME-FOR-NEO-GEO-AES-CONSOLE-UK-ENGLISH-VERSION-FOR-USA-SYSTEMS-/171369637986

NAM-1975

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NAM-1975-GAME-FOR-NEO-GEO-AES-HOME-SYSTEM-CONSOLE-/160642129588

Riding Hero

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RIDING-HERO-MOTORCYCLE-NEO-GEO-AES-HOME-CONSOLE-/170686134505

Ninja Combat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NINJA-COMBAT-GAME-FOR-NEO-GEO-AES-HOME-CONSOLE-/160642141382

Alpha Mission 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPHA-MISSION-2-ll-DOG-TAG-VERSION-GAME-FOR-THE-NEO-GEO-AES-CONSOLE-COMPLETE-/371090635951

Hope this helps.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I also have to add a few more from the seller!

The Super Spy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-THE-SUPER-SPY-GAME-FOR-THE-NEO-GEO-AES-HOME-SYSTEM-CONSOLE-W-SNK-SEAL-/160642144194

3 Count Bout

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-THREE-3-COUNT-BOUT-GAME-FOR-NEO-GEO-AES-HOME-CONSOLE-W-SNK-SEAL-USA-NTSC-/380881489367

Blue's Journey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BLUES-JOURNEY-GAME-NEO-GEO-AES-HOME-CONSOLE-/160642140149

Senkoku

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SENGOKU-GAME-FOR-NEO-GEO-AES-HOME-CONSOLE-COMPLETE-USA-JAPAN-EURO-PAL-NTSC-/380924484233

Even though you have some of these games. Its still worth to keep it as a back up in mind if one breaks on you! I can't say if its on your price range. But they are new!

Hope you enjoy this great system and enjoy collecting on it! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Want to see something really cool? This article came out in March 2013 but its amazing and worth seeing! It was called the "Super Neo Geo Pocket" and it was a custom AES cartridge that played NGPC games! The idea was great, but it stopped because the person working on it couldn't get color on it. But still awesome no doubt!.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/super-neo-geo-pocket-play-your-neo-geo-pocket-games-on-your-tv-through-your-neo-geo-aes-console.html

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey thanks for those links. That's so cool that they have so many NOS AES games. I would want to play the game though so I'm not sure if its worth it to buy a sealed game just to open it up. That would be really cool to open a sealed neo geo game though. I would love to see that minty cart!

• Like 1

Hey thanks for those links. That's so cool that they have so many NOS AES games. I would want to play the game though so I'm not sure if its worth it to buy a sealed game just to open it up. That would be really cool to open a sealed neo geo game though. I would love to see that minty cart!

I purchased a new The Super Spy from them years ago! It works fine and had that brand new smell when you open the box! It had that 1990's scent that made to think what technology smelled like back then! :lolblue:

Anyway. Good luck on your collection and have fun playing the system!

Anthony...

I love these early neo geo titles. Most people give them hate because of their really simplistic graphics (Blues's Jouney haha). But there pretty much the only neo geo games I can afford right now. I really need to pick up Baseball Stars. It seems like great fun with a friend. I own the NES version but it doesn't compare to the graphics of the neo!

• Like 1

I love these early neo geo titles. Most people give them hate because of their really simplistic graphics (Blues's Jouney haha). But there pretty much the only neo geo games I can afford right now. I really need to pick up Baseball Stars. It seems like great fun with a friend. I own the NES version but it doesn't compare to the graphics of the neo!

The simplicity of the games in the beginning are one of the reasons why these games are so near & dear to many! As a matter of fact, the early games were only a little or just above 50 megs! But the technology was revolutionary for its time in which the arcade and home graphics were the same. Then you can save your game process in the arcades and bring the saved data to your home and continue onwards!

As of now, the highest megs for a Neo-Geo game is Fast Striker at 1560! The new Razion title that's being developed will be equal to it! Impressive for 24 year old technology!

Anthony....

Wow! 1560 megs? That is crazy to see how far the games have gotten from around 50 megs in 1990. So what do megs mean exactly? Power, memory, processing..? I know KOF 98 is 683 megs and that game is full of extra animations, music, tons of characters, and nice graphics.

• Like 1

Wow! 1560 megs? That is crazy to see how far the games have gotten from around 50 megs in 1990. So what do megs mean exactly? Power, memory, processing..? I know KOF 98 is 683 megs and that game is full of extra animations, music, tons of characters, and nice graphics.

'Megs' are the size of the game, in megabits.

I think I might need some Neo Geo to brighten the weekend. Aero Fighters 2 seems to be my go-to neo geo game. The wife recently put me on a video game and entertainment 'budget' of just $10/day, so I doubt any more MVS games are in my near future. :thumbsdown: Guess I'll just have to enjoy what I have for a bit. Blah, blah, save for retirement, whatever...

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1