IGNORED

Setting up a 512k cart

Gazoo

The copy of Wing War on Games 5 appears to be the prototype version (http://www.videogamehouse.net/gamemain/cartsuz/wingwar/prototype/). It would be nice to have the final version as well (I think you said you had both versions)

Also, perhaps Major Tom can be added. It's an EA 3 game (http://tigameshelf.net/asm.htm)

Beyond that we're still missing the following cartridge games:

Championship Baseball
Fantasy

Munchman prototype with Pac-Man ghosts (http://www.videogamehouse.net/munchmanproto.html)
Red Baron Flight Simulator
Robotron 2084
Return to Pirates Isle
Sorgan II
Space Patrol
Star Runner
Starship Pegasus
Super Storm
The Attack prototype with different music (http://www.videogamehouse.net/prototypes/theattack/)

Treasure Island prototype (http://www.videogamehouse.net/treasureislandproto.html)
Tris-II

Of these, Robotron is #1 on my wish list.

Of these, Robotron is #1 on my wish list.

The attached DSK image from WHTech has seven 8KB “Robotron 2084” files (ROBOTRON, ROBOTRON1 – ROBOTRON6). I would guess they probably cannot be handled as EA5 files without significant work because they total 56KB; but, I have not analyzed them that closely.

...lee

robotron.dsk

Here's the updated list,

Still looking for others

3D Maze (3)

3D Tic-Tac-Toe (2)

Aliens (1)

Alpiner (4)

Astro Blitz (2)

Buzzard Bait (3)

Galaxia (1)

Honey Hunt (4)

Intercepter (3)

Kaboom (1)

Moonbase (1)

Perfect Push (4)

Peter Pan (7)

Race to the Crown (2)

Rock Runner (3)

SPAD Flight Sim (4)

Seawolf (1)

Sound Track Trolley (3)

Spacezap (2)

Star Forth (3)

The Labyrinth Inferno (2)

Tic-Tac-Toe (1)

TI-Sweeper (4)

Typo 2 (1)

Video Games 1 (3)

I see that Rock Runner was fixed? So I left it on the list

although I don't have the updated files. Found them...

Edited by Fritz442

Here's the updated list,

Still looking for others

3D Maze (3)

3D Tic-Tac-Toe (2)

Aliens (1)

Alpiner (4)

Astro Blitz (2)

Buzzard Bait (3)

Galaxia (1)

Honey Hunt (4)

Intercepter (3)

Kaboom (1)

Moonbase (1)

Perfect Push (4)

Peter Pan (7)

Race to the Crown (2)

Rock Runner (6)

SPAD Flight Sim (4)

Seawolf (1)

Sound Track Trolley (3)

Spacezap (2)

Star Forth (3)

The Labyrinth Inferno (2)

Tic-Tac-Toe (1)

TI-Sweeper (4)

Typo 2 (1)

Video Games 1 (3)

I see that Rock Runner was fixed? So I left it on the list

although I don't have the updated files.

Yes, but count Rock Runner as 3 instead of 6. The files are 4k or less.

I'm counting 58, but I'm not that good at counting. Am I correct?

If so, only 5 banks to fill. Or we could go with what we have.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

Yes, but count Rock Runner as 3 instead of 6. The files are 4k or less.

I'm counting 58, but I'm not that good at counting. Am I correct?

If so, only 5 banks to fill. Or we could go with what we have.

Gazoo

Yes 58 is what I see too, I think we should wait to fill it.

Have we heard anything on Mr Chin?...It would fit nicely in there(3). :)

I will look through some more disks tomorrow, to see what I can find.

Edited by Fritz442

Talking with Jim about this now, but anyone else having probs with Arcturus (invisible ships and no scrolling screen), Driving Demon (can't start game) and Attack of the Creepers?

Attack of the Creepers freezes after it asks you to press N or H. Well, complains about the Alpha Lock key too, but can't get it to do anything after that.

Talking with Jim about this now, but anyone else having probs with Arcturus (invisible ships and no scrolling screen), Driving Demon (can't start game) and Attack of the Creepers?

Attack of the Creepers freezes after it asks you to press N or H. Well, complains about the Alpha Lock key too, but can't get it to do anything after that.

"Talking with Jim", Jim who? The complaints so far about the game carts pretty much centered around the games that were incompatible with the Non-standard code in the Corcomp 9900 mini-expansion system DSR eprom, for which the said DSR code has been fixed (by me) so as to normalize it. If any of the Games carts have bad game dumps, please notify me, as I'm the one that compiled the game dumps into the eproms. If there is a bad game dump, please provide a corrected dump so the game eprom can be corrected.

Thank you,

Gazoo.

In the case of Arcturus, I've been doing a bit of experimentation. Sometimes it will start perfectly, the ships start firing from offscreen (this is normal), and the screen scrolls fine--and if you don't get killed, you can continue to play until you reach the next level. If you get killed, scrolling stops and you can't do anything except kill the ships offscreen. It doesn't always start correctly, however--sometimes it won't scroll from the start, sometimes it goes to nirvana right after the title music, and once I got a truly weird screen that had the space scene with no stars or scrolling--but was able to kill several waves of offscreen enemies (usually with no scrolling, only the current wave moves to completion).

I get the same thing with Attack of the Creepers that Save2600 does--everything works right up to the Press N or H.

I haven't messed with Driving Demon yet.

Please add those and take off some of the lamer stuff like Honey Hunt (kids game), Video Ganes 1 (lame). Is Star Forth a game or programming language?

Star Forth is a game.

As far as the 'lamer stuff'...these games I have found are

only suggestions for the carts, If you have better ones then

please provide them for the next cart.

Star Forth is a game.

As far as the 'lamer stuff'...these games I have found are

only suggestions for the carts, If you have better ones then

please provide them for the next cart.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I just didn't think most people would want a kids game (maybe I'm wrong?).

Perhaps we should list all the available games and make a poll? Then everyone can have a say.

Given the problems with Arcturus and Creepers maybe we should do more detailed tests on the other games to see if any others are bad (unless people have already)? I'll do my part as soon as my system is fixed.

Well, we can always include any that don't fit into a Games 7 compilation. If we ever get enough to do a Games 7 and a Games 8, we'll have enough to fill two of the 2M cartridges once I get those to work exactly the way I want them to. . .(my test objects work perfectly so far, but getting good chips is a trial--29 out of my first 30 chips were bad (from two vendors), which is not a good ratio, although I finally seem to have found a vendor where almost all of their chips are good).

• Like 1

Here are the dumps used for the 3 games in question. Do they do the same things the cartridges do? My assumption would be yes as I couldn't find anything wrong with the loader code. If that's the case, I will need good dumps to replace these with.

Gazoo

3GameDumps.zip

I'm going to try to test Acadiel's direct dump of an original Arcturus cart that he and Tursi modified to avoid the DSR space to see if it does similar things. If it doesn't we can test that one out with the cartridges, Gazoo.

I have an original of Driving Demon that I can vacuum the file from if this one is corrupt. . .

I don't have a copy of Attack of the Creepers--the Games cartridges were the first time I'd ever actually seen a copy of that one.

I'm going to try to test Acadiel's direct dump of an original Arcturus cart that he and Tursi modified to avoid the DSR space to see if it does similar things. If it doesn't we can test that one out with the cartridges, Gazoo.

I have an original of Driving Demon that I can vacuum the file from if this one is corrupt. . .

I don't have a copy of Attack of the Creepers--the Games cartridges were the first time I'd ever actually seen a copy of that one.

I finally just got my system set back up (after moving to FL). Got the labels on the built carts too. Haven't gone through all of them, but will check them out to see if I have any difficulty with the 9900PES with modified ROM.

There are so many different dumps of the same program out there.. this thread seems to confirm that. :)

At this rate, I'm going to need a Games 5, 6, and maybe 7 label!

(Did anyone see if Plant Genetics, the WD carts such as Peter Pan, Pinnochio, etc, would work yet?)

I've got labels for 5, 6, 7, and 8 already made, Acadiel (I'm optimistic).

I've done some experimentation: the dump you used for Driving Demon in your 512K Multicart works perfectly (I will try a file compare later, but now I know we have one good dump of it).

I burned an EPROM with the Arcturus files you modded to run from the cartridge port (Arcturus V1.1). It works perfectly (and has different music), so we have a known good dump of that one--and it was designed to be tossed into 32K space by a loader, so it should work here too if you have a copy of the files before you concatenated them into the single 32K file that had the integrated loader.

As noted already, I can't do a test on Attack of the Creepers, as I don't have the program other than in the cartridge files.

Gazoo, it looks like there are fix files for two of the three problem programs available. :) :)

I finally just got my system set back up (after moving to FL). Got the labels on the built carts too. Haven't gone through all of them, but will check them out to see if I have any difficulty with the 9900PES with modified ROM.

There are so many different dumps of the same program out there.. this thread seems to confirm that. :)

At this rate, I'm going to need a Games 5, 6, and maybe 7 label!

(Did anyone see if Plant Genetics, the WD carts such as Peter Pan, Pinnochio, etc, would work yet?)

I've got Games 5 labels if you're interested.

Gazoo

I've done some experimentation: the dump you used for Driving Demon in your 512K Multicart works perfectly (I will try a file compare later, but now I know we have one good dump of it).

I burned an EPROM with the Arcturus files you modded to run from the cartridge port (Arcturus V1.1). It works perfectly (and has different music), so we have a known good dump of that one--and it was designed to be tossed into 32K space by a loader, so it should work here too if you have a copy of the files before you concatenated them into the single 32K file that had the integrated loader.

As noted already, I can't do a test on Attack of the Creepers, as I don't have the program other than in the cartridge files.

Gazoo, it looks like there are fix files for two of the three problem programs available. :) :)

I did a compare of the Driving Demon code in the 512k Multicart with the code in the Games 2 cart and they are identical. If it works in one, it should work in the other.

Gazoo

Actually, you are right, Gazoo--it works perfectly well in the 512K image--and in the 2048K image. I just tested them both. Of course, while I was testing the 512K Multicart image, I remembered that you have to press a key on the keyboard to start the game, pressing fire won't do it. I wonder if that was where people got hung up? I know I forgot it for a while as well. . .

Edited by Ksarul

Here's the code for the Arcturus Header. It was 24K (loaded into >A000 and beyond), but this will tell you where the actual code is in the 32K EPROM. Note, each bank has 6144 bytes, starting at a >x800 byte offset. (Rest was just header and 0's padding). Just trim that and concatenate (from the bottom up, since this was a reversed one), and you have your code :)

* BANK 0 ROM HEADER FOR 32K BANKED
* SWITCHED CART
       DEF SFIRST,SLAST,SLOAD
       UNL
* ROM HEADER
       AORG >6000
SFIRST EQU $
SLOAD  EQU $
GRMHDR BYTE >AA,1,1,0,0,0
       DATA PROG
       BYTE 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
PROG   DATA 0
       DATA MAIN
       BYTE 12
       TEXT 'ARCTURUS 24K'
       EVEN

* THIS IS THE ROUTINE THAT WILL
* SWAP BANKS TO HIGH BANK
MAIN   EQU $
       LWPI >8300
       MOV R0,@>6000
       LI R4,>0600  * BYTES DIV 4
       LI R9,>6800  * WHERES IT START?
       LI R10,>A000 * WHERES IT GO?
LP1
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       DEC R4
       JNE LP1

* SWAP BANKS TO NEXT BANK
MAIN2  MOV R0,@>6002
       LI R4,>0600
       LI R9,>6800
       LI R10,>B800
LP2
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       DEC R4
       JNE LP2

* SWAP BANKS TO NEXT BANK
MAIN3  MOV R0,@>6004
       LI R4,>0600
       LI R9,>6800
       LI R10,>D000
LP3
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       DEC R4
       JNE LP3

* SWAP BANKS TO THE LOW BANK
MAIN4  MOV R0,@>6006
       LI R4,>0600
       LI R9,>6800
       LI R10,>E800
LP4
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       MOV *R9+,*R10+
       DEC R4
       JNE LP4

* ALRIGHT, WE'RE DONE.  LET'S GO!

B @>A000
FINISH EQU $
SLAST  END

arcturus.bin.zip

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I just didn't think most people would want a kids game (maybe I'm wrong?).

Perhaps we should list all the available games and make a poll? Then everyone can have a say.

NP Tempest,

I have been searching through literally hundreds and hundreds of disk

images to find the few I did. But I'm still searching...

Once we have more than enough to fill the cart, we can poll out the

simpler games. Some of them are 'kid games' but some of us were

kids when we got our TI's new, and to me they are a bit of TI history. ;-)

Anyway the search continues...I'll update the list when I find some more.

I'd think the kids games (Peter Pan, Germ Patrol, Honey Hunt, I'm Hiding, Telly Turtle, etc.) would go better on the Educational multicart. I think there's one of those isn't there? If there isn't one there probably should be. :) Like I said, I'm just suggesting here, you guys are making the carts so feel free to ignore me.

Also if Gazoo is willing to go back to his earlier carts he could make some room by removing Chicken Coop (a dup of Hen Pecked) and the Star Gazer I, II, III carts (those could go to the Educational cart). Not sure how many slots that would free up, but some more games could be crammed into those.

As for new games, there's:

The copy of Wing War on Games 5 appears to be the prototype version (http://www.videogame...gwar/prototype/). It would be nice to have the final version as well (I think you said you had both versions)

Also, perhaps Major Tom can be added. It's an EA 3 game (http://tigameshelf.net/asm.htm)

Championship Baseball
Fantasy

Munchman prototype with Pac-Man ghosts (http://www.videogame...chmanproto.html)
Red Baron Flight Simulator
Robotron 2084
Return to Pirates Isle
Sorgan II
Space Patrol
Star Runner
Starship Pegasus
Super Storm
The Attack prototype with different music (http://www.videogame...ypes/theattack/)

Treasure Island prototype (http://www.videogame...slandproto.html)
Tris-II

Some of these may exist as EA 5 or 3. I know a few do like Wing War (final).