IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 8 is up!

We take a “deep dive” into Sea Battle, have an interview with Blue Sky Ranger Dave Akers about his past and current Intellivision games, and also interview Ken Smith, programmer of Sea Battle (and other early Intellivision games). Plus we have our usual news, listener feedback and mentions. Chris Bidwell from Now You’re Playing With Podcast guest hosts, and Rick begins a new modern day Intellivision programming segment.

• Like 7

I feel like no matter how I respond to this, my words will be twisted into a "fixed" quote that won't do me any favors. So I'll just say thanks again to both of you guys!

Don't worry, I'll keep the rest of this thread family friendly....

What is Lunar Rebellion? Something in the show? I haven't started listening yet.

Don't worry, I'll keep the rest of this thread family friendly....

Haha, no worries Rev. It doesn't bother me. The twisted quotes that seem to surface in every Intellivision thread are quite amusing, actually.

What is Lunar Rebellion? Something in the show? I haven't started listening yet.

So what are you waiting for?!

;-)

Good point by Chris about baseball being the killer app. Can't get enough baseball. Maybe when Harley releases SP Baseball you can revisit all of the baseball games again. :)

We'd certainly want to talk about Super Pro Baseball... but I don't know what else we could say about the other 3 that we haven't already...

Made it to the 1-Hour Mark! Will get to rest by Midweek - looking forward to the interviews. Hey guys, just curious when you shipped the Sea Battle game with a human in the box to England did you insure the package for full value;-)

Nice work guys!

See, now it's much easier to remember where you left off with the hour markers! In case you haven't read the thread here called 2 worthy video game podcasts ( http://atariage.com/forums/topic/153291-2-worthy-video-game-podcasts/ ), user S1500 jokingly suggested I do that since our shows are so long. Naturally I took up the challenge - with the help of "George" and the Odyssey 2.

And no, I didn't insure the package for full value. The opponent I sent over to Ben wasn't worth much.

:-D

Edited by nurmix

Wow, nice! Care to share some details on how you adapted that controller to the Inty? I'm guessing you only have 8 joystick directions though, which would bug me in a lot of games.

8 directions as it uses a standard 4 microswitch joystick.

I also make a custom 3d printed 4-way gate for games like Carol, D2K, Burgertime, etc.

It uses a Xilinx CPLD to adapt arcade common ground type controls to the what the Intellivision wants. Controller has single AA battery, which should last for a few months of use.

Here is the thread

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213043-intv2-arcade-controller-pre-order-interest-list

I have 3 left to sell.

post-27883-0-96560700-1398705497_thumb.png

Edited by grips03