IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 8 is up!

...Always liked this game and thought the A1 goalie was very good/aggressive.

Agreed about the goalie AI. Your other teammates though... not so much. It seems their main focus is to get in the way of shots, cherry pick at the opposite end of the rink that you need them on, and meander aimlessly in circles and zig zag patterns the rest of the time. But even with all that, NHL Hockey is a top 5 Intellivision game for me; then and now.

And speaking of NHL Hockey... When we finally get to the episode covering that game (and the INTV SP version), I'm gonna need short audio snippets from you guys here who love and appreciate NHL Hockey to use in the podcast. I know Rick and Will are not fans of the game, so I'll need to have some backup support on my side!

Agreed and like Hockey very much. With that said, Sea Battle is a TOP-5 Game for me and have nothing but fond memories of that one. I don't think it is too hard to pickup and play after a few games and will always stick up for that game. Made it through ALL of podcast #8 - Nice Job! Just wish more people saw Sea Battle the way I do - really a TRUE GEM in my opinion. Loved the interview and didn't realize guy did Hockey, Basketball, & Football as well as Sea Battle. And for as much as I know Sea Battle like the back of my hand, I had forgotten that mines are not deactivated once gone over and also forget that 1st ship in fleet takes brunt of mine. Really LOVE this game - Thank you for ALL your efforts, for the GREAT INTERVIEW, & for making programmer consider a NEW inty game in future! Truly job well done - thanks again!

Joe.

How many fans are there of Sea Battle? Besides JoeM_Intellivision that is.. Is there any interest in a one player version? This is a game I grew up on. This saw as much play as Tennis saw.

Yes that would be an interesting one player game. I too played it a lot as a kid with my buddies but alas, I don't usually have someone to play it with now.

How many fans are there of Sea Battle? Besides JoeM_Intellivision that is.. Is there any interest in a one player version? This is a game I grew up on. This saw as much play as Tennis saw.

Count me in for sure on that (in case my opinion of the game wasn't clear in the podcast). I'm a big fan.

• 1 month later...

Just finished Episode 8 - Sea Battle. Great interviews with Dave Akers and Ken Smith! So cool that Ken is involved with Mars Rovers!

With respect to Sea Battle rarity...Mattel and Sears versions were mentioned as pretty common and I totally agree. The Intellivision Inc version of Sea Battle is actually decently rare, though. Not impossible to find, but maybe in the top 10 hardest to find of the 48 or so Intellivision Inc games (probably even in the top 5). Super Series Big League Baseball, Backgammon, Roulette, and Snafu are the only ones that I believe are rarer (in that order). I'd put Sea Battle at #5. Approx value = $10-20 CIB. Took me a while to find one...most of the ones that pop up come from Canada.

Now on to Episode 9...

Thanks, Jason. Agreed, Ken and Dave were both great.

I didn't realize that Sea Battle variation was so rare. I think I have one, but will have to double check my collection to be sure.

Enjoy episode 9! I'm busy putting episode 10 together.

Cmart checks calendar......wonders what day EP10 will come out.....hopes everyone leaves Paul alone so he can finish putting together EP10....goes back to checking eBay, and tries to guess what the Videoplexer auction will end up going for.

• Like 2

Cmart checks calendar......wonders what day EP10 will come out.....hopes everyone leaves Paul alone so he can finish putting together EP10....goes back to checking eBay, and tries to guess what the Videoplexer auction will end up going for.

Soon!

My job/business is keeping me from finishing it up right away. But I have to pay my bills and put food on the table, etc.

That said, I'm hoping to have it out this weekend.

• Like 1

Soon!

My job/business is keeping me from finishing it up right away. But I have to pay my bills and put food on the table, etc.

That said, I'm hoping to have it out this weekend.

Yah I must admit, the whole real life thing truly can get in the way of our hobby can't it? :) I mean, I had to go to work today when I could have been playing Inty.

As an aside, maybe you could consider setting up some sort of round table discussion amongst those of us who will be attending CGE, that could be used in a future episode. Nothing like listening to a bunch of nerds talk about our favourite 35 yr old video game console. :)

Yah I must admit, the whole real life thing truly can get in the way of our hobby can't it? :) I mean, I had to go to work today when I could have been playing Inty.

As an aside, maybe you could consider setting up some sort of round table discussion amongst those of us who will be attending CGE, that could be used in a future episode. Nothing like listening to a bunch of nerds talk about our favourite 35 yr old video game console. :)

That's not a bad idea, Cmart. I'd be up for doing that next month. Anyone else here interested?