IGNORED

I just got my first ColecoVision

Intellfan

As you can tell by my name I am a fan of Intellivision .which is what I had as a kid . I recently picked up a Colecovision at a estate sale with one game Frogger. I think it may be broken .Game comes on and you see screen .I see river and road with the stuff moving along. But I dont see my frog all i see is a black musical note at bottom of screen Am i missing how to srart game? Thanks any help would be great.

• Like 2

Nope, it's fine. I think you press star or pound on the controller to start. The number keys will change the options (1 = 1 player, 2 = 2 player, fast/slow, music/no music).

Prepare for fun.

I think I might have a few extra Colecovision carts. PM me if you are interested. Maybe a trade or something.

Edited by RickR
  • Like 1

My tip: Atarimax

I second this...but make sure to buy the AtariMax SD Cart and not the USB Cart. The SD Cart comes with two very good Homebrew games and you can place all the CV rom images onto it and use the built-in menu system to choose which game you want to play. AtariMax has detailed info on his site as well as a video of it in operation.

If you want to buy the actual game cartridges, follow Nanochess' suggestion and checkout Mumba's sale thread in the AtariAge MarketPlace. He has extremely fair prices and it will be cheaper to buy a group of carts through him instead of buying a cart here and a cart there through eBay.

Welcome to the CV family!