IGNORED

WTB (or advice on where to buy) Nintendo 'Multi Out' AV cord

JasonlikesINTV

I recently acquired a Game Cube (came with normal 3 plug AV wires) and an SNES (came with coax), and I VERY recently bought an N64 that is missing any sort of AV out. It seems that the N64 can only use the 'multi out' AV cord, so I'm looking for one of those. Should I just check eBay/Amazon? Would an aftermarket option be suitable....or crappy? There is a Vintage Stock near me that might have one, but not sure on the price. How much should I expect to pay? Suggestions?

A broader question....without any sort of modding, what are my best AV options on these 3 consoles for best picture and sound? Thanks in advance for advice. :)

Thanks for all of the advice! I picked up a new aftermarket cable that seems to work fine. Shortly after picking it up, I also found an original Nintendo one for cheap.

The N64 console itself seems to work fine. I had an issue after playing it for around 20min where it didn't seem like it was sending any signal to the TV. The red light was on, but no picture/signal going to the tv. I played with it a bit (juggled wires/reinsert cart/power on and off) and it's now working. Not sure what I did and it hasn't done it since. Are there any issues that N64 is prone to? What's the most common failure?

Doesn't really matter as long as it keeps working. I never played 007 when everyone else was, but I played some the other day. Impressive game for the time! I also have Jet Force Gemini, Spider-Man, Gex 3. Hoping to find reasonable priced (loose) Super Mario 64, Super Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Castlevania, Megaman, Starfox, Perfect Dark, Tony Hawk Pro Skater. I know they are the ones everyone wants, but I'm patient and just started looking.