IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

Re: Crazy Bricks

I did the same! Played on easy, waiting for company that came way late. I got to the level with the opening on just the far right and the the far left, etc.

Where would you say that is? Did I even make it to the middle of all the layouts?

Re: Crazy Bricks

I did the same! Played on easy, waiting for company that came way late. I got to the level with the opening on just the far right and the the far left, etc.

Where would you say that is? Did I even make it to the middle of all the layouts?

There were so many levels, my brain hurts trying to remember them all. Keep reading for details...

I distinctly remember one looking like a snake. There was an opening on the bottom right, and you get the ball into the hole and it ping-pongs to the left through the tiny corridor, then right, then left, usually hitting one brick at a time before bouncing it's way back out. Some of the levels like that where you have to bounce the ball through tiny holes to hit the bricks make the game progress slow as molasses. Keep reading for more spoilage.

Following a rather normal looking level with a heart shaped formation, there's a stage in the shape of an up arrow with a gaping hole at the top! That's when things started getting really weird: The ball follows through the top of the stage and continues up from the bottom! And later there are stages with holes on the left and right sides. The second-to-last stage has normal looking walls (no holes) with a red smiley face, followed by a rainbow-looking rectangular stage with no walls. The "no walls" stage is the last stage in the game. Moar spoilz...

It continues to the 1st stage in the game but in some crazy fast hard mode, and after that the stages appear totally out of order in a seemingly random sequence. I lost my remaining stockpile of balls fairly rapidly and played to the third stage in hard mode, resembling a green mushroom (it was one of the latter stages in the first play through). I don't know for sure if the sequence is just mixed up in the second loop or if stages are generated completely at random.

It won't be probably for a while yet before I decide to play the game to completion again.

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Pic's upside-down, bro! :P

'sis'

Fixed. ;)

Oops, sorry FireTiger... :dunce:

It's cool I'm used it it here- Gotta train the boys on the pinball forum next.

No clue WHY the picture is upside down, if you click on it- it flips right side up for me- anyway it's just paused on each mode (one picture all were alike far right enemy in the first two waves invisiable) to show the invisible enemy- well... 'show' is not the right word.

Edited by FireTiger

It's okay Fire. We need more female gamers in the hobby. I believe they're out there but many either have more vocal significant others or do not post much in the forums. I've streetpassed enough female Miis on my 3DS to know they are out there. Probably much fewer hardcore female "collectors" though, with dozens of systems and hundreds of games.

Did you snap the photo with a smartphone? iPhones and other photo soft don't physically rotate the image but imbed a tag in the Jpeg that tells the software to rotate, flip, or change the aspect ratio. Many image viewers and web browsers just ignore these tags and display the image in it's native byte order. If you held the smartphone upside down to snap the pic, the gyro sensor probably just tagged the image as "flipped 180 degrees" so that it displays right side up.

Can't believe I took the effort to explain all that. It's not really an issue other than the gender mixup, :oops: and I get now that one of the enemy sprites is rendered invisible causing unexpected deaths due to sprite collision.

Received mine a couple of days back. My console is an un-modded 7800 and I have the same issue that others have reported with Space Invaders. The first time one of my missiles hits an alien--BAM!--it crashes.

Something else is happening that I wanted to ask if it may be a bug: in Moon Cresta, the third wave of aliens is sometimes invisible--even on the easy level. Is that a normal part of the game? If it is, then that's pretty f'd up.

But I'm loving the Pac Man Collection and Meteor Shower, and the cost was worth it for these alone. That said, are there any plans to address the Space Invaders bug and replace these partially defective cartridges? Thanks.

I've been playing Space Invaders in different modes. The problem occurs when you shoot a shield about 4-5 times in a short amount of time. If you can avoid shooting the shields or just turn them off the game never crashes. I played Space Invaders for about two hours without a crash by avoiding shooting the shields. Makes for a tough game.

Edited by Master Phruby

I've been playing Space Invaders in different modes. The problem occurs when you shoot a shield about 4-5 times in a short amount of time. If you can avoid shooting the shields or just turn them off the game never crashes. I played Space Invaders for about two hours without a crash by avoiding shooting the shields. Makes for a tough game.

Ah HA I knew it was something- My time on was better then others (5-6 ufo's) and it only crashed when I moved out from the first shield to kill the middle bank of aliens, I was about to test today to see if it was:

Number of UFO

Time total

Number of aliens

Hitting a UFO

Letting the aliens eat the shield

destroying a shield (this is the one that would have yeilded a result)

Looks like I would have been close- I have this on cart already so it would have been easy to record a round and them play the working cart.

ANyone interested in Me testing these also ? - look like that bug's been sniffed tho- My game times were 15+ minutes and now we have a two hour report so From people were having games less then five minutes

Received mine a couple of days back. My console is an un-modded 7800 and I have the same issue that others have reported with Space Invaders. The first time one of my missiles hits an alien--BAM!--it crashes.

Something else is happening that I wanted to ask if it may be a bug: in Moon Cresta, the third wave of aliens is sometimes invisible--even on the easy level. Is that a normal part of the game? If it is, then that's pretty f'd up.

But I'm loving the Pac Man Collection and Meteor Shower, and the cost was worth it for these alone. That said, are there any plans to address the Space Invaders bug and replace these partially defective cartridges? Thanks.

On MC- My waves are as follows:

"Eagles" one confirmed invisible

"Eagles" one confirmed invisible

"Butterflies" unknown if any are invisible on my cart (I'll fire up the CC2) but it looks like 12ish individuals?

"Butterflies" unknown if any are invisible on my cart (I'll fire up the CC2) but it looks like 12ish individuals?

Docking round (if reserve ships are available)

"Rainbow fireworks" unknown if any are invisible on my cart (I'll fire up the CC2) but it looks like 12ish individuals?

---never been farther then this on this cart---

Anyone know if difficulty switches have any effect on this game or cart in general? Like unintentional not in the manual(s) effects?

Edited by FireTiger

The last four pending carts have shipped. Opening post has received its final update. Thank you everyone.

You need a PSA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhHfsOwhINI

Presumably, heavy drinking or/and drugs are involved regarding that inquiry. :grin:

• Like 2

Ah HA I knew it was something- My time on was better then others (5-6 ufo's) and it only crashed when I moved out from the first shield to kill the middle bank of aliens, I was about to test today to see if it was:

Number of UFO

Time total

Number of aliens

Hitting a UFO

Letting the aliens eat the shield

destroying a shield (this is the one that would have yeilded a result)

Looks like I would have been close- I have this on cart already so it would have been easy to record a round and them play the working cart.

ANyone interested in Me testing these also ? - look like that bug's been sniffed tho- My game times were 15+ minutes and now we have a two hour report so From people were having games less then five minutes

Thanks FireTiger. Judging by my posted videos, I can confirm the lockups can also be caused by aliens destroying the shield, so avoiding shooting the shield may not help. So, is it been confirmed no crash at all if shields are disabled? Sure they make good hiding spots, but it may be possible to take out swarms faster without the shields. I always had issues when it got down to the wire and the aliens made it to the bottom. Protip: take out one side of the swarm so that it slows their downward progress by taking longer for them to scroll horizontally. Yo really don't want to be stuck with a 7-10 split type situation when they get faster.

When I get the TV back from the 4.5-year-old I'll be happy to test more.

(movie marathon- So far last 1/2 of Wall-e, UP, Finding Nemo, and now How to Train your Dragon.... he can work the Wii, Atari and DVD and TV alnoe... it's so quiet today ) (usually he's limited to two hours total in 24 hours...but not today... going to let him watch till his eyeballs ooze out of his head...)

If shields off makes the game stable so be it.

I never had a case where the aliens destroyed the bottom of the shield by missile fire. I'll have to let them. It does have to do with hitting the bottom portion of the shields. I guess if an alien missile hit the bottom part of the shield the bug could occur. I usually blast them before the shields get that far destroyed. I haven't seen the error if they walk over them.

As for MC, I've noticed one of eagles is missing his upper half during wave one. I would guess that portion is invisible. I remember shooting them all but it wouldn't move to the next wave. I started shooting randomly and I hit something that let me go to the next wave.

Controlling Blinky does not seem to be working properly. I cannot ever control him right away. I have to wait until he has finished his first pattern. Then when the ghosts turn blue I lose control and it usually takes a while before I can get it back. Most of my time, unfortunately, is spent pushing on the the joystick to see if I have control yet.

Controlling Blinky does not seem to be working properly. I cannot ever control him right away. I have to wait until he has finished his first pattern. Then when the ghosts turn blue I lose control and it usually takes a while before I can get it back. Most of my time, unfortunately, is spent pushing on the the joystick to see if I have control yet.

Blinky is only controllable when in 'chase' mode, not when he's in 'scared' ('blue/energizer affected') or 'scatter' ('in pattern') modes.

See here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/190980-pac-man-collection-pokey-with-small-dotsis-it-possibleattn-pacmanplus/?do=findComment&comment=2448145

Yes I know, but once I lose control from the scatter mode it takes a long time to get it back.

You may be thinking he's out of scatter/in pattern mode, but Blinky can tend to appear in chase mode even though he is in scatter mode.

Additionally, the alternating between chase (attack) and scatter modes occurs pretty frequently throughout the first 2 (uninterrupted) minutes of the level. Bob, can confirm specifics, but I believe it sticks pretty close (if not exact) to the Arcade timings:

post-18-0-43877000-1403727091_thumb.png

You're only getting a 20 second window and then it's back to scatter - This is not even throwing the 'scared' mode into the mix, which will interrupt and add to the amount of time you will not have control. When ghosts leave 'scared' mode, they return to whatever mode they were in when the energizer was eaten.

So, if you eat an energizer at the beginning or in the middle of a scatter mode, they return to that scatter mode (Which in Blinky's case may appear as a chase mode) after the scared mode finishes. Eat consecutive energizers before the 'scared' mode runs down, it extends the ability to not control Blinky all the more so.

• Like 1

I'll test Space Invaders without the shields later to see if it crashes, but I distinctly remember the game freezing once while I was hiding out under the shield and a Space Invader hit it. Another time I was moving sideways without firing, possibly an invader may have hit one of the shields, so it's entirely possible that knocking out pieces of the shield, whether by your ship or an invader, could be causing the game to crash. If so, it's certainly plausible that playing without shields could cure the issue. I could try disabling shields and enemy fire, but IMO playing without enemy fire is lame, and the game just doesn't feel right without the shields.

I don't think for one second the controlling Blinky thing is a glitch. It's an Easter Egg that was deliberately programmed into the game, kinda like in Duck Hunt on the NES, you can hijack control of the duck using the P1 controller to try and get your friend to "miss." Pity you can't continually hijack Blinky or other ghost ala Pacman Vs (Game Cube), but it's plausible that allowing player control at other times might glitch the game.

ok-
"No shields"
Easy
Comp. 2 player
Normal bombs
No zigzag

Hubbie and I played SI for almost an hour- but theres another glitch...

we were playing comp. and it showed his score as high score and not mine... I have a pic:

(yes this one and the last were taken via iphone....silly phone - sorry it's upsidedown again... )

post-4852-0-51194700-1403735357_thumb.jpg

Reads
<player one> 2240 <high> 1860 <player two> 1860

!?!