IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

Here are my observations on my cart:

1) Moon Cresta has the 'random' death/blowup and I couldn't find anything to really predict it. On normal mode it seemed to happen more often. On easy mode, I was able to play through for quite some time before having a random death. Given that I was never very good at this game anyways, I am getting still getting game play lengths about equivalent to what I get on the original; there's now just a random factor involved for me as I see it.

2) I did notice with Moon Cresta that on some occasions, after a level is cleared, the next level will not show up and after a short period of time, I blow up.

3) With Moon Cresta, whenever the 'invisible' guys were around, I just kept firing away and eventually they show up.

Overall - for me at least, Moon Cresta is still quite playable, even with the random quirkiness

4) For Space invaders, with no shields on, I played a full game into level 4 with no issues; I believe I hit 4 UFOs during that time and missed one or two others

5) For Space Invaders, I can trigger an immediate crash by going to the far right shield and firing one shot into the lower right hand corner of it. I did this with no/normal and fast bombs. I believe there was some other combination of hitting the shields that also caused the crash in normal mode that didn't involve hitting the lower right corner of the far right shield, but I haven't any idea what that was (whether it was a specific # of shield hits or some other specific spot)

I haven't tried other combinations of settings on Space Invaders yet.

Given that I still love Space Invaders, even without shields, I still love this game.

I never knew anything about Meteor Shower so when I saw it, I immediately recognized it and its' gameplay as being like Astrosmash on the Intellivision. Awesome, pleasant surprise!

Other games all seem to work fine, at least to the extent I have tried them. So overall, still a HUGE thanks and THUMBS UP!!

(If I find anything else, I will pass it along)

• Like 1

I need blinky to change color when controlable- but I already on this cart anyhow-

Even better 2 player comp- when blinky as controlled - not any other time steals a life for the player that 'caught' pacman... giving it to the one that was just controlling blinky.

Player 2 as Blinky catches pac-man (player one) ... Player two gets the life Player one just lost... LOL

@FireTiger @Mckafka Thanks for confirming Space Invaders is fully playable without shields. Bummer that is the case but oh well.

I made it to the "butterfly" 3rd stage a few times on Moon Cresta. Are there still issues with "invisible" enemies beyond stages 1 & 2? If not, the game might be quite playable sans the cheap early deaths. I like how each consecutive ship is more powerful than the last.

Yes, I've played Meteor Shower and that game is awesome! I played a few rounds and I noticed different enemies and scoring on different difficulty settings. On advanced difficulty, you start with like 5000 points but getting killed loses points! I finally managed to finish a game on Advanced with 5025, 25 points more than I started. My 2006 Sanyo HDTV has a small amount of lag (only noticable on certain games - and most SHMUPs tend to go in the "certain games" catagory :P ), so if I wanna kick ass I'll need to move the console and play it on my bedroom CRT.

I gave my two cents on Crazy Bricks earlier - it's an awesome Arkanoid/Breakout clone and hoo-ray for paddles! :D

Not a huge fan of the tank/strategy games but that's me. I need to study the manuals more.

Also there's that sidescrolling ship game with the bombs and bullets. That one's pretty cool. I prolly need to plug in my 2-button Euro pad for that one. Which of the games support 2-button joysticks?

I was playing random mazes on Pacman Collection. It's easily the star of this multicart: I hope PMP or Albert release the enhanced "Hokey-Pokey" hack as a stand-alone version sometime! Also I noticed "BoB" spelled out in the walls of one of the stages. Neato! ;)

I can also confirm that the single shot, immediate crash occurs in Space Invaders when hitting the lower right hand corner of the 3rd shield from the left. It doesn't seem to happen when doing the same to the 1st two shields (from the left). The single shot crash WILL occur with a single shot to the lower left corner of the 1st shield (from the left). The crash will occur with a single shot to both lower left and lower right hand corners of the 2nd shield from the left (but I cant seem to get this one to occur as consistently as I can the others I've mentioned).

(I am still hunting for other combinations)

On a side note, I remembered that the original Armor Attack in the arcade used a button layout similar to Asteroids (sans the hyperspace), making it a perfect candidate for the Starplex controller. I tried that out and it worked great!

Got my cart yesterday, and wow, what fun! Scramble is a mind-blowing re-creation of the arcade game! Failsafe is a more than worth sequel to Countermeasure, and I'm looking forward to digging into it more. Just amazing work on all of these.

By the way, tested SI and MC on three different 7800's and saw on all of them the same issues everyone else is seeing. But it is very cool to hear that there are workarounds to make these games playable. :-)

Many, many thanks to Bob, CPUWIZ, and Trebor for their efforts to make this cool cart happen!

Got mine yesterday. Same glitches as reported before. I already had MC so no biggie there. The graphical update to Scramble is a big improvement to the smoothness of the scrolling! I'm loving Armor Attack and Pac Man Collection very much. Will try out Failsafe and Crazy Bricks soon. Thanks again to all involved!

You need a PSA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhHfsOwhINI

Presumably, heavy drinking or/and drugs are involved regarding that inquiry. :grin:

I don't understand what you are trying to say with your response, but I was very serious. I even led my question with a statement saying how I am overall pleased with the cartridge. But regardless of how much money one saves on a multicart vs. buying each homebrew separately, defective is defective. And by Space Invaders essentially not working, this release is therefore at least 1/8 malfunctioning. Then there appear to be additional issues with at least two more games (at least as far as I can tell from the thread thus far).

So, back to my original question: will the problems with these carts be addressed? Thanks.

Got mine today! I already have Failsafe, Pac-Man Collection, Moon Cresta and Scramble, and this makes a great addition to my "Decrescenzo" collection.

I have the same issues as everyone else seems to have with Moon Cresta (nothing seems to fix the invisible enemy) and Space Invaders (seems to work with shields turned off).

Even with the bugs it's awesome, but it would even more awesome if all 8 games worked.

It bums me out a bit, but then I just start up Crazy Bricks, Armor Attack II and Meteor Shower. These games all rock!

So, back to my original question: will the problems with these carts be addressed? Thanks.

The problems have been addressed. CPUWIZ already addressed them providing an explanation of what transpired.

However, if your real question is, "Will there be reimbursement or replacement?" ...Let's review...

Space Invaders works with restrictions/issues. Moon Cresta works with restrictions/issues. No other game has issues. In fact, Scramble and Pac-Man Collection have updates unavailable previously. You may wish to disregard how much one is saving, but let's go over those details, especially if your inquiry intent was not just to know if the problems were addressed, rather to also find out if reimbursement is provided.

Cutting the 2 games - SI and MC - completely out of the picture, you have 6 full games which normally sell for a total of $180 plus shipping for the cart. You paid $65 plus shipping for the cart. That is a savings of $115. It can be viewed that SI and MC can be played at 50% of what their full counterpart cart provides, bringing those to $15 a piece for another $30 + $115 = Saving $145. We could say those games are only 33% playable though @$10 a piece, then that would give us $20 + $115 = $135 savings.

So depending on your perspective, it is a savings of at least $115 to as high as $145.

The amount of work, time, and effort to get this project done, including the bath CPUWIZ took on this...Well, I'm being serious when I say you and famicommander please follow the advice of Austin if what you have is not enough and/or you are not satisfied.

I'm probably out of line here (My apologies in advance to CPUWIZ); nonetheless, please allow me to make a few additional points: I paid fully for my cart. I didn't want or expect (despite CPUWIZ offering me) any sort of compensation or break despite the hours upon hours I've spent collecting money, documenting, following up with PM threads, packaging and shipping carts. It was nothing - a drop in the bucket - to what CPUWIZ has spent tirelessly on this release. "It is the least I could do" was my response to him when he was near insistent in doing something for me.

Furthermore, CPUWIZ is giving Bob a cut of the gift donations received. So for the love of goodness, if you can't respect or/and accept what transpired and be okay with it, please try to see tolerating the issues with 2 of the 8 games as a way of showing appreciation for Bob's work and an extra thank you for all he has done for this community.

Going the extra mile and buying the individual games (if you don't already own them) from the AtariAge store, would be fantastic as well.

• Like 7

I haven't played through every game/variation, but so far I have been blown away by the professional quality in the programming. While I don't remember Moon Cresta from back in the day, this conversion has that authentic early arcade game feel. Thank you Bob.

These are NOT bugs/ glitches... they are 'Expert Challenges'

For the price of 400$ +/- USD (Cuttle cart2 if you can find it )
OR for 30+shipping each you may buy the 'typical versions' in the store...

"Expert Versions" for SI and MC ;)

OH and I'm in for the next one of these- Heck I"ll happliy test -

@FireTiger @Mckafka Thanks for confirming Space Invaders is fully playable without shields. Bummer that is the case but oh well.

Confirmed:

Edit: Come to thing about it, my video also demonstrates the High Score not updating for Player 1. Oh well, least it's playable... :P

Also I noticed "BoB" spelled out in the walls of one of the stages. Neato! ;)

Screen Cap:

post-33189-0-74374800-1403843434_thumb.jpg

I am awesome! :thumbsup:

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Furthermore, CPUWIZ is giving Bob a cut of the gift donations received. So for the love of goodness, if you can't respect or/and accept what transpired and be okay with it, please try to see tolerating the issues with 2 of the 8 games as a way of showing appreciation for Bob's work and an extra thank you for all he has done for this community.

I am enjoying what I got very much. Hell I want another opportunity to give them some more appreciation (money), when they feel up to it.

I notice there appear to be 7 more Bob games in the store. Maybe someday (fingers crossed) we'll be lucky enough to see a volume 2 cart, with SI and MC fixed on there as extra bonuses (and maybe buyers of this run could get first shot, that'd be pretty all right).

*insert Fry gif saying "take my money" here!*

Thanks for the work to all involved, CPUWIZ, Bob, and yourself Trebor.

But regardless of how much money one saves on a multicart vs. buying each homebrew separately, defective is defective. And by Space Invaders essentially not working, this release is therefore at least 1/8 malfunctioning.

Space Invaders works with restrictions/issues. Moon Cresta works with restrictions/issues.

I bought this cart primarily for Space Invaders and to me it's broken. I wish this would've been fully tested.

I love my cartridge and would never sell it. I actually play space invaders the most of all the games on it. I like the extra challenge of not shooting the shields too many times. It means I plan each shot instead of just rapid fire. I do wish there were double shots like the 2600 space invaders glitch had. It's funny as a kid I use to make up my own game when playing video games. For example, in E.T. I always had to get the flower and grab the most candy pieces I could give to Elliot. I also try to get E.Ts life down to under 100 before jumping in the space ship. In Adventure, it was part of the quest to get the hidden message. When the Flashback machines were sold at sams club, I would put the message on the screen and leave there for shoppers to see.

Edited by Master Phruby