IGNORED

CENTRON 3D - End of level screen shot

rpc_games

You don't really want the pixel shift. The mode works with no real CPU drain except the DLIs that only need to change the VSCROL register then return.

But I guess the shifted method might be useful for a variation that uses single line resolution. But the consideration has to be made that the frame blending will likely cause unwanted colours in the pic.

It took time and bribes but I can now reveal the ground breaking dev system used to make Centron 3D, I was shocked...

http://tinyurl.com/pjkuprw

hehehehe :) Who ever you bribed to get this info was 100% WRONG !!!! hehehehe :) :) I hope you didn't pay them any money :)

No, that is not how Centron 3D is being made. I'm writing all the 6502 code myself. I even had to write a paint and anim package for our new CMODE72 graphics mode.

Create a new mode and you have to write editors to use it. One of the down sides I guess, but it was fun doing it. PAINT72 only took me a week to write.

The Arcade Machine program does look like a powerful game design package. I never even knew it even existed.

Nice job Boarderbund Software from 1982 :)

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

• Like 1

Yup, the bullshit just keeps getting laid on.

Go ahead, Pete,

lay it on.

Dig yourself that nice big hole.

I mean, I'd be giving you significantly less of a hard time, if you actually had a portfolio, of anything released...in the infinite past.

...anything at all.

Anything?

A little graphic trick?

Another game on another platform?

Ok, How about a quiz, then?

What's the difference between the PC of a $60 opcode, versus a $40 opcode?

Why is this important?

-Thom

• Like 2

Another related idea ... I wonder if a sort of double-9 mode would be possible, too.

The idea is, you would be changing colbak between colors on opposite sides of the color wheel ... red-cyan, blue-yellow, green-magenta.

This would be good if you wanted to render photo-quality screens which mainly rely on whites and two chromas. You'd have about 256 duo-tone shades.

Obviously the most powerfully productive 6502 coder in the history of time is in our midst!!!

HAHAHAHAHA noooooooooooo :), I'm no GOD ! just a 6502 programmer since 1986.

@THOM: How much can a Koala Bear? For someone who's not interested in what I'm doing you seem pretty interested to me.

http://youtu.be/hTJ3DIMGAQo http://youtu.be/ELSv3s2pU0s

@ Shawn: hahahahaha yes, correct ! :)

@Synpopalooza: Years ago I tried to get more colour by changing the BAK colour only as fast as the Atari 800XL could do and found that the hardware was just not fast enough to do it. If it was fast enough then we could have got 160x192 by 128 colours but sorry, the hardware just wasn't fast enough. Unless someone else has done it. :)

Pete

@Synpopalooza: Years ago I tried to get more colour by changing the BAK colour only as fast as the Atari 800XL could do and found that the hardware was just not fast enough to do it. If it was fast enough then we could have got 160x192 by 128 colours but sorry, the hardware just wasn't fast enough. Unless someone else has done it. :)

Iirc there is in the BITTER REALITY demo a part near the end that is called part land which starts with a nice colorful scroller that is made only by changing BAK.

Well that is what they write in the scroller.

Search for bitter reality demo and watch the whole thing, it's pretty cool!

EDIT: here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SCLlziQ7Uwc#t=866

Edited by ProWizard
  • Like 1

Well, a few of the comments, here, both positive and critical, have goaded me into seeing the virtues of supporting this project, even if the enthusiasm of the developer overplays my own skepticism. So,I may have to eventually back it with some coin, provided it ever actually sees the light of day. :)

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHA noooooooooooo :), I'm no GOD ! just a 6502 programmer since 1986.

@THOM: How much can a Koala Bear? For someone who's not interested in what I'm doing you seem pretty interested to me.

http://youtu.be/hTJ3DIMGAQo http://youtu.be/ELSv3s2pU0s

@ Shawn: hahahahaha yes, correct ! :)

Pete

Someone else has. It's called Rastaconverter, and it is actually a combination of mid-line raster changes and PMG overlays with priority blending. It's not perfect but it is good for title screens.

I am glad to see more people using these sorts of techniques to push the Atari. It makes me feel that my own efforts (with the ICE editors and modes) are worthwhile. Now to finish those ICE Graphics 1 mode programs. :)

Edited by Synthpopalooza
  • Like 2

Hello Rybags

There was actually a hardware upgrade (from Poland?) that allowed enhanced colour and worked by pumping register writes to GTIA much faster than the CPU could otherwise do.

Once VBXE came along though, it fell by the wayside.

Keep talking!

Sincerely

Mathy