IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

Ravard, "you, guys - started" all; this, not us. YOU could be playing Centron 3D right now." " Something wrong with my punkutation?

Steve

Actually yes there is something wrong with your punctuation. It's terrible. So is your spelling. If Centron's gameplay is like your writing then it sucks. Except your writing exists and your game doesn't. And I didn't start anything. You trolled people who love their systems and that sucks. It sucks that there are other people who create real games, good games, who we should be paying more attention to. You are a troll through and through. I couldn't care less about your game at this point. Because how do I care about something that doesn't exist? I am enjoying how others are laughing at you at this point. The thread is actually funny. But you are sad. A sad little troll. So keep trolling little troll. I'm going to go play some Star Raiders. Now that is a great game. And no flicker!

ravard

• Like 3

Shurrup or I will steal all those dominatrix photo's used in the last demo ;)

Oh I wasn't suggesting nor hoping to convince people they can become star studded programmers over night but those guys did start out somewhere and so can anyone, be it a "Hello World" in Basic or ASM its all possible, the point is to start and learn, if its fun then carry on, if its not your thing then play what these guys old and new have written, its Atarian goodness (that sounds a bit like scientology to me, Tom Cruise, step way from the XL or I'll force feed you anti depression tablets)

I just got back into the 8 bit Atari's after being away for 20 years. I have picked up several machine language books for the 8 bit Atari's. I definitely want to try my hand at Atari programming. I doubt I'll ever make anything super cool, but I'll try to do something. And I promise to share it with everyone. Even if you are mean and cruel to me. Oh wait. I bet if I have some humility and am honest you guys will help me and congratulate me no matter what I produce. Am I right?

ravard

I think what the collected RPC psychosis has not taken in to account, most of us have looked at the history, looked at the odd dev story, saw no demo, no ingame play and a broken release date and we have long since lost interest in even the notion of the game, its simply more fun to poke ridicule at it...

And of course I should remind Pteve to keep paying his staff for a game they won't release...And for all the other stuff that's never been released...

In a cruel world some might say it was all a fantasy...

But I'm not bitter, just like the Murphys...

BTW, is the 72 at the end of CMODE how many virgins you get when the game is released?

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 4

I personally don't think anyone can become a programmer/coder - no matter how keen they may be at playing videogames.

I'm no programmer and haven't shown any ability in programming when I've tried. But I haven't really tried putting the time and effort into trying....

But I'd guess it's like many other skills - which are slowly acquired through sheer hard work - although it'll probably be not so hard for those who show real talent in it?

There'll always be some people who find coding easy whilst others have to work at it more (i'd consider myself to be in the latter camp and, coming from a C64 background, the A8 needs a bit more learning than other machines) but assembly language isn't that hard when you get over the initial learning curve and there are high level languages that are reasonably powerful too these days. Add to that the large stockpile of resources and it's easier now than ever; the 1980s coders had far less to work with and in the 1970s there wasn't even a decent reference guide! It isn't all black or white either, you aren't just great or terrible; many coders in the 1980s got by producing fun games despite being at best average coders because that's all you need to write a game really - you can always design around what you're capable of just as many games tailor things to their target platform.

As for game design that's more... well, flexible anyway. If you don't feel confident doing your own thing, just aim to produce a clone of something you like and, when there's enough there to actually play, add features to make it more your own; look at Dropzone for example, i doubt anyone here'll argue that its a bad game but it couldn't be called original... again, start simple, build on that base, don't be afraid to ask questions and stick to making things you'd like to play because, as the coder, you're going to be playing it a huge amount.

• Like 1

We'll try to help as much as we can.

Myself, I love effort. I will bend over backwards to help anyone who is making an effort (and I will go so far as to say, so will many others on this forum), as in the end, we see the effort as a genuine love of what you're doing, and guess what? in a community, that rubs off in a good way.

The journey is what matters. :)

-Thom

(I love this community, so much, that yes, I will call someone out when I detect anything less than honesty; sometimes quite brutally. I don't pull punches. ;))

I just got back into the 8 bit Atari's after being away for 20 years. I have picked up several machine language books for the 8 bit Atari's. I definitely want to try my hand at Atari programming. I doubt I'll ever make anything super cool, but I'll try to do something. And I promise to share it with everyone. Even if you are mean and cruel to me. Oh wait. I bet if I have some humility and am honest you guys will help me and congratulate me no matter what I produce. Am I right?

ravard

• Like 2

"Dump Atari and stick with Amiga", lol seems the shits feel better stuck together. :P

Now now. Amiga's a good platform, and I'm sure the folks on those boards are sincere. lets not have any shots fired at them. We don't want to make RPC's little hissy fit seem legit.

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 2

Boy howdy, they've wasted _NO_ time whatsoever.

I have to wonder, is this guy (RPC) psychotic?

Is he a sociopath?

Is he mentally deficient?

What would drive someone to have this behaviour?

-Thom

He's possibly hoping for donations, and otherwise is just bored and enjoys screwing with people. Note that paypal button is one of the very things on the website that actually work.

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 1

Too bad he's now going to spread bad words about AtariAge.

Atari age is made of sterner stuff, it won't be melted by a mad troll...

Anyone doing research can see this / these guys ate jokers hoping to pull the wool but they best be careful, having a troll is one thing, taking orders for a game that as yet does not exist starts heading down very bad places.

• Like 1