IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

Seriously not. I have exchanged some PM's with him, and he is really a good and decent guy. He does really nice things, and believe it or not, he's really a nice guy. I think he is a bit overenthusiastic yes… and indeed some moves might not have been very handy. But hey… give him a break… I think some people were too hard for him. I can appreciate the video of FJC, and I'm sure Pete can appreciate that too.

I hope he will finish the game, and I hope he will drop the apology thing; concentrate on the good people here Pete; there are plenty nice guys here.

Anyway, bedtime here. I'll watch FJC's movie one more time, and I'll sleep with a smile.

Pro, there is no game. There never was. I'm sure he can come across as a nice guy, maybe he even is one. But there was never any game, nor any chance for one.

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 1

Pass, I know nothing about Vladr so cannot comment...

Imagine that the Pete gestalt entity had posted that Centron runs in 6000FPS on a six core i7 running Altirra at max speed, and this is undeniable proof of his amazing 3D routines and how super effective they are on A8 hardware. And then carried on defending that nonsensical point of view for a dozen pages or so against some of the most experienced A8 coders around.

That would give you a good idea, just to start...

• Like 3

So with VladR in the thread now we've got two 'developers' who promised the world and delivered nothing on two Atari platforms.

Woot!

Exactly :-D

Except, my VRBasic for Jaguar works just fine and few new people started developing new games for Jaguar last week, and also last week I resumed my Jaguar coding (after about 6 months pause), so new features are coming to it on a weekly basis.

And you keep forgetting that from the day one I was posting ACTUAL videos and screenshots from the emulator (and later - when people volunteered to test - videos from actual Jaguar).

Yeah, that's so TOTALLY the same :grin: :grin: :grin:

McLaneInc: You should sometimes head to Jag section of AA. It's a different world out there - more like postapocalyptic warfare :)

Imagine that the Pete gestalt entity had posted that Centron runs in 6000FPS on a six core i7 running Altirra at max speed, and this is undeniable proof of his amazing 3D routines and how super effective they are on A8 hardware. And then carried on defending that nonsensical point of view for a dozen pages or so against some of the most experienced A8 coders around.

If by 'most experienced' you mean guys who never did 3D, merely 2D sprites - yet felt compelled to 'explain' to me how it will not work, then yeah - you are about right ;-)

I did prove that my initial guess about the performance was right and I actually delivered more performance out of the poor old 68000. Then they said it would not handle 2-3 cubes, so I did a demo with - like - 20+ cubes and then the 'argument' came up that 'gameplay' would eat up like 50% of the CPU cycles. Yeah, right - all those 3d transformations, rasterizing, shading, visibility culling are nothing compared to handling a 'brutal' array with 50 blocks to send down the player's path.

Sure :grin:

Also, you seem to have a huge problem with understanding of a basic written text. I said multiple times that my VirtualJaguar set-up is about 50% faster than a real jag - I believe I even posted examples - e.g. if Jaguar does 80 cubes per second, then emulator does ~120. Yeah, 50% is a pretty hard calculation for plenty people - I can definitely understand that :-D

Edited by VladR

No, it really isn't, its quite civilized these days and has been for a few years since the troublemakers were booted out. But keep posting that it is on here and their tumbleweed forums if it makes you feel any better.

McLaneInc: You should sometimes head to Jag section of AA. It's a different world out there - more like postapocalyptic warfare :)

• Like 1

Ha! They say there are a lot of jerks here on AA. It's more like a good ole boys club, where life is like the Wild West. I had that same excitement and ambition burned right out of me on this forum, but now I have more time for my real life and actually doing some small-ish contributions instead of spending all my time being a fan boy.

To RPC - I'm sorry it's hard, but suck it up and crank out that game. Don't be a little crybaby, just laugh it off and do what you like. None of us matter to you in real life, so dig up some internal motivation and produce something. Feelings will be hurt, and swords will cross, but just release the game or tell us it's a flop so others can help you fix it. FJC is a great example of diplomacy and statesmanship. You should see some of the rap he's had to put up with, and he actually released an excellent product several times!

• Like 2

If rpc-games keeps getting upset with each user community we may end up with Centron 3D on every system! Awesome.

Correction... we will end up with a promise to port Centron 3D on every system. and no Centron 3D.

I see so many differences between this and the recent Pac-Man improvement/update. There you had a quality coder who can deliver on promises and gladly accepts community feedback. And it really exists on an actual ROM cart.

FJC... You should see some of the rap he's had to put up with, and he actually released an excellent product several times!

Rather a tortured analogy, since - apart from anything else - it's usually one or two isolated yet prolific pests I have to deal with. I'm not swimming against a current of common-sense and majority opinion.

Don't get whats the idea to release a Jaguar Centron 3d? That and a Ferrari or a Maserati Centron 3d its easy!

What I want to see is your great coding knowledge in a Fiat Punto, an Opel Corsa or a Peuget 306 Centron 3d versions. Release these ones and I believe in you and send you a 'PARDON' message.

Pro, there is no game. There never was. I'm sure he can come across as a nice guy, maybe he even is one. But there was never any game, nor any chance for one.

So that 'fact' gives you and other the right to trash this guy? That's my problem with this thread and some replies. It's getting too personal, and I think that is a bad thing.

• Like 2

Some believe there is no game - a few think there is, and others are not convinced either way.

You'd think this forum was suppose to encourage new development of software - games - etc for the A8 hardware - and not discourage it.

I don't think the guy in question was a 'troll' - even when there are personal conflicts of one kind or another - I don't think there should be heated argument - which tends to get out of hand.

The one thing we should all have in common - is a love of the A8 hardware and what can it do?

• Like 1

Found out some more about Peter...

His domain is registered to Peter Adamcik who also owns:

http://movesystems.com.au/

and, he has a youtube video:

He also likes spamming other videos with:

"Hey everyone, have you checked out the RetroPC1010. Can't wait until it's launched. Just do a Google search for RetroPC1010"

Why does that remind me of this?

• Like 1

Come on - nobody holds a game "hostage". All they had to say was it wasn't done on time. Hell - I am jumping back into a project I started 5 years ago, and let sit for nearly 4 years. It happens.

Hmm, should we all jump into an apology time machine? Would that help?

Timetravel... Back to the Future... Delorean...:

Centron_Amiga_Intro.jpg

• Like 1

Actual screenshot... I really, really doubt that.

An AGA machine could do it, but no way with OCS or ECS. You can tell just by the shades of the car that's way more than 4 bits per channel palette depth.

Even on AGA 256 colour mode, there'd need to be some tricky palette loading and HAM8 would unlikely provide the ability to do some of those adjacent colour changes.

• Like 1

So that 'fact' gives you and other the right to trash this guy? That's my problem with this thread and some replies. It's getting too personal, and I think that is a bad thing.

I get what you're saying here. I really do. But you have to remember that the abuse escalated over several pages of posts. It was like a feedback loop. Someone offered polite objective criticism about the manner in which RPC announced and managed the release. RPC got offended. So various parties chimed in and tried to explain what the problems were with their approach and how they might handle it better. RPC got belligerent. Then the forum members at large just started clowning them. RPC started offering all kinds of non-evidence that did more to strengthen doubts than combat them.

Well, you were here. You know how it turned out. All I'm saying is that RPC was not nearly an innocent victim in this. Could the members have taken the high road? Sure. Was there a little mob mentality at work in the eventual stoning of that particular whore? Definitely. But at the end of the day, a lot of really smart and very experienced people have become convinced that this guy is a quack and I gotta say, I'm with them.

Now pick up a torch and a pitch fork or get the hell out of the way! Just kidding. =)

Edited by pixelmischief
  • Like 4