IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

So that 'fact' gives you and other the right to trash this guy? That's my problem with this thread and some replies. It's getting too personal, and I think that is a bad thing.

Of course not. Expressing justified suspicion is not 'trashing'. Calling someone a troll might be, except after page after page in which they clearly demonstrate that they have nothing to back up their claims, AND they get defensive and sarcastic at any criticism. You oughta see some boards where they really get after people, go read 4chan or something for a while.

I guess I can just not believe that anyone really takes this guy seriously after page 6 or so...I think one of the things that attracted him to this kind of thing is that the communities are always more or less desperate for games, so no matter how thin the evidence people will fall all over themselves to be 'supportive'.

I have been on this board a long time, and while there's a few spats, and the jag guys seem to get exceptionally irritated with each other, there is little really unjustified 'picking on' or trashing occurring. I've been the target of it myself, and I defended myself, and that was that. I didn't get all bent out of shape and pout and claim that my vagina now hurts.

Some people seem to feel that any expression of doubt or suspicion, anything less that pure gushing support, is equivalent to 'being mean'. Its not. I do think that some of the posts were a bit rough after a few pages, but hey, this is the internets and he really asked for it in his behavior. Like I said, I think its actually pretty tame around here.

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 2

In the beginning I thought that RPC_GAMES ws just overexcited when he talked about his game.

But if that were the case and he finished the game, I cannot see why he didn't post any videos. That he is technically able to do that he has proofen.

When I am proud about things I did and want to show (Hell, even SELL other people) I make a video of it and post it.

If and only if I haven't overlooked something in my reasoning, I think from NOW on: "there is no game and never was! But maybe will be :)"

I am not a gamer. I only cared about it from a technical view. But after reading that it does indeed flicker all interest was immeaditly lost anyways. From that point on I am only here for the pop-corn :P

Although I must say the trashing went over the boarded. Stalking the guy and posting personal stuff and making fun of it is too much.

Guess there are lot of boards in the Internet where people could make fun of me and all of you with this "Atari hobby" of ours.

• Like 2

I do think that some of the posts were a bit rough after a few pages, but hey, this is the internets and he really asked for it in his behavior. Like I said, I think its actually pretty tame around here.

It's observable that the doubt and scepticism was being taken on the chin right up until the release date became imminent and while a few inconsistencies were being questioned. Only when Steve arrived (which in itself appeared divisive) right at the eleventh hour did the foregoing become a reason to "cancel". About 75 per cent of this thread is a reaction to Write down "I'm Sorry, I'm a Twat" a hundred times and we'll think about it, or words to that effect. Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 3

To RPC - I'm sorry it's hard, but suck it up and crank out that game. Don't be a little crybaby, just laugh it off and do what you like. None of us matter to you in real life, so dig up some internal motivation and produce something. Feelings will be hurt, and swords will cross, but just release the game or tell us it's a flop so others can help you fix it. FJC is a great example of diplomacy and statesmanship. You should see some of the rap he's had to put up with, and he actually released an excellent product several times!

This is good advice.

When I develop anything, the splashy title screen usually comes last.

Pete is good at whipping up a few static teasers to prove his sincerity but we've still never seen anything involving the actual game. Let's see if it gets any further than this.

• Like 4

If anyone wonders why RPC wasn't cut infinite amounts of slack, it's mostly because you can't pull this crap your first time out. Maybe if we'd already seen something produced by Pete we'd tolerate some secrecy, but "Look at me! I'm a big-time legit developer!!!!" doesn't fly in your first 5 posts.

• Like 2

The question I have is why/how so quick to get this Amiga video up yet the game was supposedly finished for the XL but no video of gameplay, only obviously fabricated screenshots.

Additionally, I guess they are motivated as hell just to proof most of us wrong.

Although I think making a colorful 3d on the Amiga is simpler then on the Atari.

• Like 1

Jesus... I thought that it is a mockup only...

It is a mockup only. Because that's what splash screens are. Mockups. What it's NOT is an image rendered by Amiga OCS/ECS, which RPC games insists in their Amiga community announcement thread that it would be. At the very best, it is an AGA rendered image. I am tearing the video into frame images and analyzing them now. I am suspicious of the long black screen. I smell a splice.

• Like 2

It is a mockup only. Because that's what splash screens are. Mockups. What it's NOT is an image rendered by Amiga OCS/ECS, which RPC games insists in their Amiga community announcement thread that it would be. At the very best, it is an AGA rendered image. I am tearing the video into frame images and analyzing them now. I am suspicious of the long black screen. I smell a splice.

I do too. His music video proves he has editing skills.

Look at the overlay of the Centron title screen over the Workbench in the same video. The picture is offset to the right, which violates the standard screen borders. Then look at the same technique applied to the video Pete made of the AGA game Pinball Fantasies. It fits perfectly (it's a little hard to tell because of the desktop graphic used, but use the info bar at the top as the indication of where the borders are...)

Anyway, I bet we could analyze 100 Amiga videos that transition from the Workbench to a graphic and never see this offset behavior.

post-3606-0-25268100-1405098911_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-01848600-1405098921_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

This image shows it better. It's obviously not impossible to do this on the Amiga, but why bother moving the borders for a quick graphic presentation? The image may well be from an Amiga, but I do not believe this is one continuous piece of footage.

post-3606-0-67305300-1405102361_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel kinda sorry for the guy. He must really be hurting for attention for some reason. When I saw his 'amiga' video, it looked to me like he just spliced his little splash screen ( which I don't even think was generated on an Amiga in the first place ), but I really don't know much about whats possible on the Amiga.

I another thread here he was asking about the Atari STE capabilities, max colors and so forth, and seemed perfectly reasonable and at least seemed like he understood what he was being told. I dunno /shrug

Anyway, I bet we could analyze 100 Amiga videos that transition from the Workbench to a graphic and never see this offset behavior.

"You are not worthy. In FACT it IS VERY simple - I just applied a 'move.l A0, A1'. IF you would know 68K, you would know that this moves the LONG side of the screen from zero address/position to the next one(='1'). I call this DMA: Direct Monitor Adjustment."

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 6