IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

Why are you still so bad? Is not it enough that because of your confidence, impudence and indecency, we lost a very pretty game? When you are all so very clever . . . so . .make this game and stop your bullsh**s.

But short video of gameplay would be more usefull than project freezing.

But he already provided us proof when he pulled the project: Look at the lovely disk label you're missing out on! The guy's a whiz a making videos, he wants everyone to apologize, and he couldn't taunt us with even 2 seconds of gameplay. And yet no video of a game that's so good he says he can't stop playing it! No sane person acts this way. He should at least show it to the Amiga guys so they know what he's "working" on. Remember in the other thread when he was asked for a picture of the game?

@ Mclaneinc

LDY #0

LDA #46

STA 40000,Y

LDA #47

INY

STA 40000,Y

RTS ; :)

Pete

Unfortunately, Pete fits a profile. He's not looking to steal, but he's someone who wants to be admired so much that he's willing to paint himself into a corner.

Another thing, if he's working so hard on making a PC out of a TI chip, why waste any time with this crap that obviously ties up all his resources (you know, all the people who post just like him)? He said he'd deliver a new Amiga game in 1 or 2 months. What time does that leave for Retro PC? None of these other projects will make more than lunch money.

Anyway, maybe there will be some sort of Amiga game. I doubt he wants two groups of people heckling him. There are tools on the Amiga that will make rapid development much easier and it looks like he did at least start on the A8 project and got as far as a sprite demo.

Pete, you've got very little time to produce a game for people who are accustomed to very pretty software so I wish you all the best!

post-3606-0-24679600-1405173471_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just by pure curiosity...

I've converted one of the screenshots into RIP format (using latest AIS).

Can someone with CRT monitor check it and tell us if it flickers so much (on both NTSC and PAL machines).

Thanks in advance. :)

Doesn't look too bad in Altirra with frame blending off. The colors are inaccurate but that's likely the AIS conversion, and the picture looks muddy because of the HIP effect. I had the same problem when trying to do the ICE HIP conversion a few posts up.

If the actual game uses interlace scanline techniques like HIP to do the flicker, I don't see what the big deal is, I think it would be eminently playable, at least on NTSC machines.

I think the real thing to try would be to modify the code to work in Graphics 10 and alter the 7 color registers per scanline and see what that looks like. You can use AIS to render the color and BW screens ... just use RIP mode for the color screen, render a Graphics 10 bitmap, then make a greyscale version of the picture in your favorite photo editor, load the thing into AIS again, choose HIP mode, and save the B&W Graphics 10 render. Use those when making the Super 10+ render (that's how I did mine),

Did it ever occur to people that all these posts about Pete, will justify his attitude about certain people here on the forum more and more?

Like I wrote posts ago: yes he made some strange moves, and I think he should drop that apology thing; but the more I read here, the more I think: Pete you are damned right about the Atari community (here).

It is so easy to make fun of someone, behind your safe keyboard.

Actually this is helping him in my eyes. He obviously is trying to learn and comes across very nicely in these posts. Perhaps if he had come here with a little humility and humor things would go better. Let's face it. No one who makes that music video is all bad. That was a blast. I'm actually coming around on old Pete. Come back Pete. Let's talk. I love 80's music too. I love Atari 8 bits. I love Amigas. I love the Jaguar. I want to learn assembly on the A8's. What do you guys think? Is it time to offer a bridge? I apologize to rpc-games. I offer to help with anything I can. Pete you seem like you are actually ok. So just tell us the truth of Centron 3D and I will give you a clean slate to start over. What do you say?

ravard

• Like 5

So Pete. I apologize. All I ask is the truth about Centron 3D. Let us see the game in whatever shape it is in. And I will be fine with it. If it isn't finished that's OK. If it isn't the greatest I'm still ok. Just the truth. Is that fair?

ravard

• Like 3

Actually this is helping him in my eyes. He obviously is trying to learn and comes across very nicely in these posts. Perhaps if he had come here with a little humility and humor things would go better. Let's face it. No one who makes that music video is all bad. That was a blast. I'm actually coming around on old Pete. Come back Pete. Let's talk. I love 80's music too. I love Atari 8 bits. I love Amigas. I love the Jaguar. I want to learn assembly on the A8's. What do you guys think?

:D

I agree. He seems like an ok guy. I feel somehow sorry for him how this situation went. What I see is someone with enthousiasm and creativity who puts energy into the wrong things, which is a shame.

He should just be honest. Maybe he has set up the game/label to look cool, but he doesn't have to be a godsend coder to be loved by this community right? :)

• Like 2

I can't believe no one else actually tried to do some short (perhaps even interactive) demo / demake / remake of Centron on any Atari platform !

You have to excuse me, but I still don't quite understand what the game genre / style is supposed to be like from those screenshots. Looks to me, like you are in that car (or whatever that pixel mess is supposed to represent - maybe a Mars rover) and try to avoid (?) the balls ?

You guys have any other ideas what kind of gameplay would be best suited to those visuals ? What did you think when you saw those screens first ?

What did you think when you saw those screens first ?

I thought there was going to be some cool game that was using gr10 mode, but was being called something else. The game still is interesting to me!

Unfortunately I get the feeling that 3 years from now someone else will pull a stunt like this and the resounding reaction will be "oh no, not another Centron 3D" - please prove me wrong!

"Perhaps things can be turned around and something good can come out of it"

As far as I am concerned it already did: "touchy" and "developer" is an oxymoron [emphasis on the -moron part by me].

Flip it around and let's say he did release something and a potentially different wave of ridicule would have ensued based on the actual game, would he have pulled the game pretending an apology from say 20 random members that could have found the game unpalatable for them and voiced their take?

This thread stopped being about the game on 7/7 (release date) and became about human pisspoor behavior .... the whole thing was based on ~15 members with sarcastic/negative posts (count me in) .... please.

I understand the Atari fans thirst for something new but don't just take anything, stop the whining hindsight bs.

He decided not to release for whatever reason and that is the only fact, the rest is nonsense.

Edited by phoenixdownita

Perhaps this is bigger than this one particular incident, but can't people change their minds? I was angry at first. I felt like we were being taken advantage of. But after seeing the video and posts I realized this is just a schlub like the rest of use. Yea he's cocky. He promised the world. But we have to leave room for reconciliation. Don't we. I have always tried to change for the positive when I can. Nothing was achieved by my snarky post. And after thinking about it I wish to step back and regroup. And yes I'm a bleeding heart. My normal frame of mind is positive and forward thinking. Bleeding heart is not a negative in my book. I'm not saying anyone needs to apologize to him. I'm just saying there is room left for the truth to come out. But that is all on Pete.

ravard

• Like 4

Why shut this down? (1) It's interesting (you're here, whoever you are!!), (2) It's informative (I hadn't realized that A8-insanity (those similar in age to myself who grew up with A8, yet are indeed insane) had grown to such magnitude, and (3) It's a little bit of fun!!!

It certainly inspired a bit of comedy (if NOT a game), and I am under the understanding that all participants are WILLING. Should any one participant NOT want to participate in the thread, WHAT IS FORCING THEM TO?? Can not any of us ignore any thread of our choosing? Let there be no dichotomy here; should you participate within the acceptable boundaries of AtariAge, why should this thread be locked? Should you be "on the border somehow" - why not just disengage and let others have their fun?? After all, you DO REALIZE that there is no "Centron 3D" game - there never was, and there never will be, save for some evangelical-type choose to make this his mission.

I say "Do not lock it up! It's great entertainment!!!" I also suggest to avoid the thread, should one find it unpalatable. I'm heaving at my lunch, but I haven't barfed yet. Your experience may be different, but laughter is the key.

• Like 1

Thus far we have only seen one single frame of 'gameplay'. For me it's also unclear what the gameplay could be.

Now that I look at it, the delorean and the astronaut was always there in the A8 version (Am I just slow?):

Centron3D_intro2.jpgCentron_Amiga_Intro.jpg

Looking at the in-game image:

Centron3D_L01.gif

- No Road, just a gradiant. If this could move, the dark colors at the horizon will scroll towards you, and other colors have to appear at the horizon. you just can't do a lot with this.

- The three stripes at the lower left corner, I've no clue what these are.

- The balls, they are probably ment to move towards you.

Edited by roland p

I think the 3 things are the curbs of the road... Rasters to "move" the road is unlikely as it have to be done like in Pole Position or Elektrona Glide...

The balls are the sprite frames... Good luck in copy paste the stuff ;) when looking at the sizes....

Another thing what makes me wonder is the code snippet with the decimal addresses.... I know hardware registers out of my mind in decimal and hex but plain ram? Not very experienced 6502 style imho.

• Like 1

Thus far we have only seen one single frame of 'gameplay'. For me it's also unclear what the gameplay could be.

Pete explained the gameplay here. Those three objects on the left are probably the mines the player should avoid.

Edited by +Adam+
  • Like 2

I get the feeling the graduated luma bars might be static.

Rendering that many balls shouldn't be a problem, remembering that the pixel size is somewhat large. Keeping preshifted copies in RAM should be cheap since only 2 are needed for each, although it becomes 4 since there's a colour frame and luma frame.

Pete/Steve seems to be not active here since last Thursday, so maybe we've been abandoned.

We keep calling these people developers yet to this point they have yet to prove they have developed bugger all, a few mock ups and a tracker tune for the Amiga demo which sounds like an old shootem up I've played on the Amiga (ie its not original).

I think 'developers' is rather kind, bull shit artists seems far more in keeping..

I'm sure the Amiga peeps will experience the full RPC 'show'...

• Like 2