IGNORED

New developer for Atari Jaguar

rpc_games

Hi Guys, We are creating a game called Centron 3D for the Atari 8-bit and should be completed next week.

See here for full info on Centron 3D. Over 64 colours on screen at once, yes on an 8-bit :) . www.rpcgames.com.au

For our next project we are considering to program a new game for either the Atari Falcon or the Atari Jaguar.

We have done 68000 assembler programming back in the 90's on Amiga computers and Atari STe computers

so we have knowledge of 68000 assembly.

Can someone point me in the right direction of utilities needed for creating a game on the Atari Jaguar.

I'm going to need an Assembler, Jaguar memory maps, GPU register locations & maps and an

emulator as we don't have the hardware. I can't even find a Jaguar on eBay :( so an emulator is our only choice.

So any info to getting up and running would be very appreciative.

Thanks guys :)

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games Australia

www.rpcgames.com.au

Hello and welcome,

All the doc you need can be found here :

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?showtopic=836

and if you need technical infos (hardware and software) about the Jaguar, come on on Jagware ( http://www.jagware.org/index.php?act=idx )

Jagware is surely the most avdanced board for Jaguar coding ( you will find some great people like Orion,Reboot and some others great like SebRmv(Who ported Another World on Jaguar), Mathias Domin etc...

and some of us are Falcon coders too.

Edited by GT Turbo
  • Like 4

Hahaha...well everyone I know owns a Jaguar.

Its handed out at birth.

And if I meet somebody who doesn't own one in person I give them one out of my trunk.

So the answer is yes....more than ppl think, there's a lot of Jaguar owners.

Even if they DONT know what it is setting next to the TV like my Grammy, yeah she thought is was a smokless ash tray.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome,

All the doc you need can be found here :

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?showtopic=836

and if you need technical infos (hardware and software) about the Jaguar, come on on Jagware ( http://www.jagware.org/index.php?act=idx )

Jagware is surely the most avdanced board for Jaguar coding ( you will find some great people like Orion,Reboot and some others great like SebRmv(Who ported Another World on Jaguar), Mathias Domin etc...

and some of us are Falcon coders too.

So...as a Falcon and Jag coder, could you port Road Riot and Steel Talons over to the Jag? :)

@NeoGeoNinja: Ar you talking about Centron 3D? No Video's yet. we are working on the last of the 6502 coding and then a video on YouTube.

Hopefully before the 7th which is the official release date.

@ Everyone: Do you all have CD expansions with your Jag's or Some have, some only use Carts?

Pete

@NeoGeoNinja: Ar you talking about Centron 3D? No Video's yet. we are working on the last of the 6502 coding and then a video on YouTube.

Hopefully before the 7th which is the official release date.

@ Everyone: Do you all have CD expansions with your Jag's or Some have, some only use Carts?

Pete

Yeah, I was talking about Centron. A video would be cool as I can't really make much out from the screen shots tbh (i.e. how the game plays etc).

We don't ALL have CD expansions. It's a personal choice for some to go Cart only, like myself. Many seemingly do own Jag CD units though.

EVERY Jag owner has access to carts where as only a percentage own CD units. HOWEVER, production costs for making CD's is, understandably, much less.

Seemingly, there are also technical drawbacks to either format too, depending on which you decide to undertake. Someone else can probably elaborate better on that...

• Like 1

Why's this?

I am still unemployed, have medical and dental concerns, and my unemployment and insurance are running out next week. I already have all my Sega gear and modded Atari 2600 on ebay, sold my boxed Shining Force cartridge... :(

I am still unemployed, have medical and dental concerns, and my unemployment and insurance are running out next week. I already have all my Sega gear and modded Atari 2600 on ebay, sold my boxed Shining Force cartridge... :(

I feel you dude. I've also been out of work for sometime and, periodically, I end up giving certain expensive gaming items 'the eye' - as of late, my Jaguar stuff as it happens.

I do love my Jaguar but, right now, the jag stuff may very well be the first of the stuff I own to go, should I *really* need the cash... :_(