IGNORED

New developer for Atari Jaguar

rpc_games

Great to hear theres a new a new Jaguar developer in town!

Thanks Guys, but to make it clear we are looking into the Atari Jaguars hardware and game developing software at the moment.

Once we check it all out we will then have a meeting here at RPC Games to vote to create new games for the Atari Jaguar or not.

But I've been reading the Jag technical manual and Love the 68000 + GPU + the DSP, 16bit and 24bit colour.

What I didn't understand is that the manual says 14bit digital samples and not 16bit. Don't like that at all.

Do we have to use 8 bit samples for .mod music. If so then this decreases the sound quality of the game.

8 bit samples are poor in quality but everything else in the system seems to be absolutely fantastic.

We will keep studying the manual and checking out some games on the EMU.

We will need real hardware too. Does anyone have a Jag + CD expansion for sale? PAL + 240volt.

Thanks guys

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

Tell us about your company. What does RPC games stand for? You say you guys are going to have a 'meeting'. How big is your company? What roles do all the players play in your company? Marketing. Design. Tools etc.

Thanks Guys, but to make it clear we are looking into the Atari Jaguars hardware and game developing software at the moment.

Once we check it all out we will then have a meeting here at RPC Games to vote to create new games for the Atari Jaguar or not.

But I've been reading the Jag technical manual and Love the 68000 + GPU + the DSP, 16bit and 24bit colour.

What I didn't understand is that the manual says 14bit digital samples and not 16bit. Don't like that at all.

Do we have to use 8 bit samples for .mod music. If so then this decreases the sound quality of the game.

8 bit samples are poor in quality but everything else in the system seems to be absolutely fantastic.

We will keep studying the manual and checking out some games on the EMU.

We will need real hardware too. Does anyone have a Jag + CD expansion for sale? PAL + 240volt.

Thanks guys

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

• Like 1

I have a strong suspicion that it's a company of one. :sleep:

The first games company owned by a Schizophrenic lol. One personality 'Susan' is a marketing genius. Another is a design genius. Stephen, well thats the tools guy. Mark is the artist and is hell on wheels with MS Paint and 3D studio. And don't forget Mauricio. He's the gay PR guy.

• Like 1

Ok I've been open to this developer since he popped up with Centron. But announcing a Jaguar game when your A8 game isn't even out to prove the doubters wrong. I am starting to feel a serious trolling wave. Ick.

ravard

Edited by ravard

Ok I've been open to this developer since he popped up with Centron. But announcing a Jaguar game when your A8 game isn't even out to prove the doubters wrong. I am starting to feel a serious trolling wave. Ick.

ravard

Easy, you got seven more days to cry foul. And he's not announcing anything.

• Like 2

ravard

We haven't announced anything? What I said was for our next project we may be creating a game for the Atari Falcon or Atari Jaguar.

I'm in the middle of checking out the Jags hardware capabilities and then the Falcon's hardware, so if you guys are going to give me

crap then you have already made up my mind.

There are thousands of Amiga users out their who will appreciate new games for their Amiga 500's and 1200 AGA machines.

And Centron 3D for the Atari 8-Bit is in the testing stage now and should be released on time as we have shown on our website.

If you don't want new titles for the Atari Jaguar then let me know and we will go Commodore Amiga instead.

Pete

Manager

RPC-GAMES! Australia

www.rpcgames.com.au

I posted positive feedback over on the Centron thread, but just felt this was a bit off. But calm down I am happy to be proven wrong. I also own am Amiga so I win either way. And don't come down on the jJguar because I posted a bit of a concern. And I'm not alone on this point. And I gave no crap. I posted a concern. That out of nowhere your company is writing an A8 game (which I hope is great) that a lot of people posted concern over and then start posting about a possible next project before the first one even has a video. Do you see how that is just a tad odd? And getting snippy with a customer is no way to show how great your game is going to be. And as I stated I have been a supporter. I still am. It just initially hit me as odd. Can you not see that?

ravard

Edited by ravard

Back to the original question. Tell us about your company.

RPC-Games Australia was formed at the beginning of 2014. We, 4 employees including myself has always wanted to write games for our Loved Atari's

but have had no time to do so due to family due's. We including myself are 6502, 68000, RISC, and TI (Texas Instruments) microcontroller programmers

not to mention, musicians, graphic artists and myself an electronics design engineer.

Our first meeting was about writing new games for the Commodore 64, Atari 8-bits, Jaguars, Falcons, Apples and Amiga's and I decided that our

first game on the 8-bits would be on the Atari 8-Bit called Centron 3D, and this is what we have been working on for the past 3 week.

It usually take a few months to create a great game and we have done it in 3 weeks. I'm so proud of my team.

We are also involved in the new RetroPC1010 project wwww.retropc.com.au and have been working on that project since we formed.

Jump on the website and check out the specs of the RetroPC1010 Personal Computer Gaming System.

That's about it.

If you want to now anything else, let me know.

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games! Australia

www.rpcgames.com.au

• Like 2

Like many around here I am tired of the badmouthing, negativity and fighting. My personal rule in posting here is - if I don't have anything nice to say I don't say anything at all! -too bad others aren't like this. But in this case I do not like developers being run off and feel the need to say something: Nice going shamus and ravard, your lying inference & trolling negativity -respectively sucks -lets chase off another jaguar developer before they even get started. :ponder:

Now rpc_games you need to understand a few things about the jaguar community in order to preserve your sanity around here. The Jaguar community IS different from the other retro forums here and that's because of the gameboy H8ers(haters) that it attracts for whatever reason, and that's really truly unfortunate. :? To me it seems the people in other forums here look down on us Jag fans because of this infighting. :thumbsdown: RPC_Games first of all you need to be developing for the Jaguar for your own enjoyment and pleasure -because YOU want to do it for your own personal reasons alone,.. if not one other person plays your Jag games except you and your team you should be content and happy with that -you do this for yourself only, or perhaps for the challenge of coding for Jaguar. If others do get to play your game and enjoy it and they tell you its cool that's great!, if not who cares!, it shouldn't get you down. Second you better have a THICK SKIN around these parts bro, you need to ignore the h8ters & keyboard warriors types -whatever they say needs to go in one ear and out the other, its just dudes around here and there will be fighting - accept it. Third if your Jaguar game does get released, be prepared to hear others negativity about it, such as this game is not 64-bit you ripped me off or it's not 3D wtf man?? or its sub-standard 'cause you just used the Motorola 68000! why?-that's lame or why didn't you run your code in main???? etc.

I'm telling you this in advance RPC so you know the score around here, to minimize any bad feelings conveyed to you about your jag game. This jagfreakdom comes with the territory, this is what it is around here people endlessly bitching and complaining about this or that. On a positive note most jagfans are cool and don't jump the gun with negative ass-u-mptions about that which they do not know. Lastly if your rom gets dumped :ahoy: and you find it on a Russian games site I'm sorry but that's the nature of the beast that is Jaguar.(if that happens don't freakout and close up shop, talk with other developers before release -there are new ways to id roms and to prevent that from happening)

RPC: Good luck with your Jaguar development, I'm glad your here and I look forward to your game!!! Peace out. :)

Now if some keyboard warrior wants to have a go with me, type away, my skin is quite thick now, I can take your best shot and your not real your just words on my tv screen. lol.

• Like 14

Reboot can provide you with a 'block user' list if you like. I'm sure we collected all the anti-social keyboard wanker-warriors into a nice identifiable pile already ;)

You'll for sure need that thick skin. But once you realize the turd burgers number <5 and the rest of the community are not only great and supporting, but also realize those <5 turd burgers actually are turd burgers you'll get on fine ;)

In general, you can spot a turd-burger by their comment not appearing on this forum and the nick being banned from here.

Now if some keyboard warrior wants to have a go with me, type away, my skin is quite thick now, I can take your best shot and your not real your just words on my tv screen. lol.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 8

We haven't announced anything? What I said was for our next project we may be creating a game for the Atari Falcon or Atari Jaguar.

I'm in the middle of checking out the Jags hardware capabilities and then the Falcon's hardware, so if you guys are going to give me

crap then you have already made up my mind.

There are thousands of Amiga users out their who will appreciate new games for their Amiga 500's and 1200 AGA machines.

If you don't want new titles for the Atari Jaguar then let me know and we will go Commodore Amiga instead.

Pete

Manager

RPC-GAMES! Australia

www.rpcgames.com.au

I'm sure RPC games and your team of well-versed programmers, could no doubt, bring cool, interesting and fun new gaming experiences for us avid Jaguar gamers. I'm hopeful and optimistic that you end up doing so! Especially as the screen shots of Centron already look rather cool.

However, if this is your response to a couple of semi-critical comments in your opening thread, then you might be too sensitive and take matters too personally, to make it in the Jaguar 'scene'. Which will end up being our loss in the end :sad:

However, I'm confident that we can expect to see some amazing stuff coming from RPC for the Jaguar in future! Once you guys have gotten to grips on all the technical nuances of the hardware :grin:

• Like 3

But in this case I do not like developers being run off and feel the need to say something: Nice going shamus and ravard, your lying inference & trolling negativity -respectively sucks -lets chase off another jaguar developer before they even get started. :ponder:

Lying inference? Trolling negativity? Puh-lease. RPC Games! has already been waving his dick around in the 8-bit forums, yammering on about how they discovered a brand-new-to-the-world propretary graphics mode--it kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Not to mention bragging about how great he is. :P

So yeah, there's pretty much nothing outside of AA threads on the web relating to RPC Games!, so it's pretty difficult to say exactly what 'they' bring to the table other than lots and lots of hype. Am I jaded? Probably. But I don't have a lot of patience for people who jump in somewhere with absolutely no reputation claiming that they are the second coming of Scatalogic. If I'm wrong, then I will be the first one to offer apologies to RPCG!. But I'm not going to hold my breath either.

And yes, you have to have a very thick skin to develop for the Jaguar. If your intention is to make money, you will be bitterly disappointed (unless, of course, your intention is to game the market, then yee-haw). If you're worried about teh pirasee, you're in the wrong place barking up the wrong tree. You have to do it for the love of the game, otherwise you're looking to inflict a world of hurt upon yourself for nothing. That's all.

Edited by Shamus
  • Like 3

It's true - piracy is a non factor, and people line up with open wallets to support anything released. So much so that no matter how bad of a release you make, it's guaranteed to sell a small run or two. You can even release a game and completely forget to put any actual game logic in, and people still will buy it.

• Like 10

Thanks Guys,

What I didn't understand is that the manual says 14bit digital samples and not 16bit.

Thanks guys

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

Might be a typo. There are a few of them in there. Everywhere else says 16 bit stereo concerning the Jaguar's DSP.

• Like 1

RPC-Games Australia was formed at the beginning of 2014. We, 4 employees including myself has always wanted to write games for our Loved Atari's

but have had no time to do so due to family due's. We including myself are 6502, 68000, RISC, and TI (Texas Instruments) microcontroller programmers

not to mention, musicians, graphic artists and myself an electronics design engineer.

If you want to now anything else, let me know.

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games! Australia

www.rpcgames.com.au

Since you are an EDE there is a market for 3rd party peripherals here in the Jaguar community. A big one. Possibilities:

New memory track for the CD player. The stock ones are getting rather rare and expensive.

New third party controller. There are no third party controllers for the Jaguar really. Just spinners.

• Like 1

Since you are an EDE there is a market for 3rd party peripherals here in the Jaguar community. A big one. Possibilities:

New memory track for the CD player. The stock ones are getting rather rare and expensive.

New third party controller. There are no third party controllers for the Jaguar really. Just spinners.

Zerosquare Psx Adapters, who allowed some of us to use a Dance Dance Revolution pad on the Jag :)

• Like 1