IGNORED

New developer for Atari Jaguar

rpc_games

The Jag community has been trolled relentlessly by fake "developers" claiming everything including the kitchen sink since the very beginning. It should not come as any surprise at all that a new "developer" is being met with extreme skepticism, especially since they've already announced an A8 game and has produced nothing but screenshots with the same sprites pasted onto all of them. If they release a shipping game for the A8, and it's even half of what they're claiming it to be, then perhaps the skepticism will be toned down a bit. Until then, though, don't expect miracles.

• Like 10

This is why the Jaguar homebrew community sucks. Trolling or not, you all turned on someone seeking information. I'm ashamed for all of you.

Hello,

You must know one thing, developers only do things for fun. Zerosquare do it, because he got the knowledges and the tools for creating it.

We got a lot of things never seen in our hard disk, software like hardware, some are just prototypes, written for doing some tests. We can't spend time to give infos about some prototypes, softwares.

Another thing, lot of things are only displayed on Jagware because, it's our developing board. AA is a very great board for all Atari users, but i think eveything about Jaguar coding is on Jagware.

If i have a info about a game, i will post on AA, i will ask for technical infos ? Go on Jagware. See Orion about his last game, he has posted on AA before Jagware even if it is a big Jagware member :)

Real Developers don't want to talk about their prods, it's not what they prefered to do they are developers, they want to develop. I have asked some Jagware members about Public Relation, nobody want this job...

A lot of 'bad boys' who has done attacks, flammewars has leaved the Jaguar community, it was a great thing. Now the Jaguar community is 'like' other Atari community, great atmosphere, fun, laughs. So now it's time to stop saying the Jaguar community troll. Just enjoy the Jaggy !!

Perhaps one day we will give infos about all the things hidden on our hard disk or on our desk ;)

Hi TXG/MNX,

I will let Zerosquare answer you :)

• Like 2

Hey Pete,

Thanks for developing for the Jaguar. Hope to see something from you guys in the near future.

To answer your question, I have two Jags, a Jag CD, and I have never used a Jag emulator in my life (virtual jag?) though I probably should look into it at this point.

-Rick

Edited by travistouchdown

Where can we find the schematic and info about this hardware cool

I always wanted to connect my ps2 buzz to the jaguar

Really, it's more like a proof of concept than anything else, it's not something I was planning on releasing (at least not in that form). It's pretty large, complex and expensive (it has a microcontroller and a CPLD). But it works and emulates a standard Jaguar controller, so it's compatible with all games.

Stephen Moss has been working on an adapter that requires explicit support from the game (so, homebrews only), but it is cheaper and simpler, and has extra features (vibrations support). I don't know if it's still an active project, you can ask him if you're interested.

To use Buzz PS2 controllers, one solution is modifying them to make them compatible with the Jaguar. I did so a while ago for a friend who wanted to make a quiz-show game on the STE (which has the same joystick ports as the Jaguar). I don't think I kept (or even made) the schematics for this, but basically, you remove what's inside the central "hub" and put the same circuit that's used in the Jaguar controller inside instead. The buzzers need to be modified by cutting a few tracks, and adding a few wires and diodes.

post-8748-0-82805500-1404091096_thumb.jpg

post-8748-0-42717000-1404091107_thumb.jpg

post-8748-0-98802200-1404091118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 3

Like many around here I am tired of the badmouthing, negativity and fighting. My personal rule in posting here is - if I don't have anything nice to say I don't say anything at all! -too bad others aren't like this. But in this case I do not like developers being run off and feel the need to say something: Nice going shamus and ravard, your lying inference & trolling negativity -respectively sucks -lets chase off another jaguar developer before they even get started. :ponder:

Now rpc_games you need to understand a few things about the jaguar community in order to preserve your sanity around here. The Jaguar community IS different from the other retro forums here and that's because of the gameboy H8ers(haters) that it attracts for whatever reason, and that's really truly unfortunate. :? To me it seems the people in other forums here look down on us Jag fans because of this infighting. :thumbsdown: RPC_Games first of all you need to be developing for the Jaguar for your own enjoyment and pleasure -because YOU want to do it for your own personal reasons alone,.. if not one other person plays your Jag games except you and your team you should be content and happy with that -you do this for yourself only, or perhaps for the challenge of coding for Jaguar. If others do get to play your game and enjoy it and they tell you its cool that's great!, if not who cares!, it shouldn't get you down. Second you better have a THICK SKIN around these parts bro, you need to ignore the h8ters & keyboard warriors types -whatever they say needs to go in one ear and out the other, its just dudes around here and there will be fighting - accept it. Third if your Jaguar game does get released, be prepared to hear others negativity about it, such as this game is not 64-bit you ripped me off or it's not 3D wtf man?? or its sub-standard 'cause you just used the Motorola 68000! why?-that's lame or why didn't you run your code in main???? etc.

I'm telling you this in advance RPC so you know the score around here, to minimize any bad feelings conveyed to you about your jag game. This jagfreakdom comes with the territory, this is what it is around here people endlessly bitching and complaining about this or that. On a positive note most jagfans are cool and don't jump the gun with negative ass-u-mptions about that which they do not know. Lastly if your rom gets dumped :ahoy: and you find it on a Russian games site I'm sorry but that's the nature of the beast that is Jaguar.(if that happens don't freakout and close up shop, talk with other developers before release -there are new ways to id roms and to prevent that from happening)

RPC: Good luck with your Jaguar development, I'm glad your here and I look forward to your game!!! Peace out. :)

Now if some keyboard warrior wants to have a go with me, type away, my skin is quite thick now, I can take your best shot and your not real your just words on my tv screen. lol.

Your right. I let my negativity get to me. I was having a bad day. I apologize to all. That is not my normal attitude. Like I said check my response on the Centron thread. My bad. And for the record I am a new Jaguar owner so not a hater. But I will say you didn't listen to your own advice. You bad mouth me, hated on me, etc. Without knowing me. Without giving me any chance to discuss. But as you say I am just words on a screen. No real person here to respond to.

ravard

One other comment. I posted a relatively benign comment about feeling trolled and got some pretty ugly comments. I don't think we should squash comments. I was willing to talk about why I felt that way. There are times when we will disagree. I would hope in the future we could discuss without getting quit so personal. And I certainly think debate is healthy for any subject.

ravard

Edited by ravard
  • Like 2

You want to buy Atari stuff, you should start here instead of Ebay

http://www.myatari.com/

As a fellow Aussie I can recommend these guys for Atari gear. If you end up buying hardware, just be sure to let them know you are in Australia and they will change the 110V power pack for a UK or Euro 220V (",)

Region free, and pretty much all tellies this side of 1999 will run NTSC in Australia.

Freight is a bit of a killer on consoles because of their bulk, but I reckon once you get an idea of whether you want to develop for Jaguar or not, you really want to have the real deal.

Edited by danny_galaga

Perfect example of why the Jag community has such a shitty rep. make all the excuses you want, go ahead you are only fooling yourselves if you don't admit there is a problem.

Um, what? Go take a look at the Centron threads in the Atari 8 bit forum. We're being pretty mild here.

• Like 1

Yes we can :D

Awesome! Now if you could enable JagLink/Catbox/Scatbox on Road Riot that would be epic!

And I didn't mention hacking the Falcon version to support the same through MIDI. Either way, massive big ups and respect to pulling off any of the above!

The first games company owned by a Schizophrenic lol. One personality 'Susan' is a marketing genius. Another is a design genius. Stephen, well thats the tools guy. Mark is the artist and is hell on wheels with MS Paint and 3D studio. And don't forget Mauricio. He's the gay PR guy.

Perfect for making Battlesphere 2 you say?

Zerosquare Psx Adapters, who allowed some of us to use a Dance Dance Revolution pad on the Jag :)

We need a 5200 adapter so Dan Kramer's awesome 5200 TrakBall could be used on the Jag. Arcade Crystal Castles or the ST port could then be ported and have the TrakBall code added.

Of course, I still want the Tengen Genesis version of Gauntlet ported to the Jag with TeamTap support. Why Atari Corp didn't request that of Atari Games I'll never understand.

Oh please start developing for the jag. Don't listen to these negs on here. I believe you guys have the talent to pull off some great jag stuff, whatever that might be. Just do the homework on the jag hardware, and develop a game that can push its strengths ( color, sprites, audio ), not its weaknesses. Too bad they didn't put a 68030 or 68060 in her. That might have made a difference.

• Like 2

A lot of things were possible, the only thing is free time. Having enough of it, that's the problem....

Awesome! Now if you could enable JagLink/Catbox/Scatbox on Road Riot that would be epic!

And I didn't mention hacking the Falcon version to support the same through MIDI. Either way, massive big ups and respect to pulling off any of the above!

• Like 2

Oh please start developing for the jag. Don't listen to these negs on here. I believe you guys have the talent to pull off some great jag stuff, whatever that might be. Just do the homework on the jag hardware, and develop a game that can push its strengths ( color, sprites, audio ), not its weaknesses. Too bad they didn't put a 68030 or 68060 in her. That might have made a difference.

Have you seen what demomaker have done with only a 68000 on a ST ? Without any OP, any additionnal RISC ? I think it's not the real problem, the real problem is free time and motivation, that's all :)

• Like 2

But with blitting :-P

on STF it's 'by hand' the blitting ;) Fullscreen, Rasters, 4 voices soundtrack, with a 'poor 68000' at 8 Mhz nothing more, nothing less. With the Jag a lot of great thing can be done/ With just the 68000 and the OP :)

• Like 1

on STF it's 'by hand' the blitting ;) Fullscreen, Rasters, 4 voices soundtrack, with a 'poor 68000' at 8 Mhz nothing more, nothing less. With the Jag a lot of great thing can be done/ With just the 68000 and the OP :)

3 voices on that crummy YM2149. We didn't get the AMY; we were robbed!

No you obviously would have more fun with the STe and the Falcon chipsets!

• Like 1

Although I think I would have liked the AMY ( No idea how it would sound and what it would have been capable of). I personally think the pretty bad YM + coding and composing skills is a combination that gave us loads of great tunes. Ofcourse that combination hasn't found it's way often enough into the gaming side of the ST.

If you're very much into tracker/sample replay kind of music than STE or FALCON would be your first choice, but they don't have a better soundchip, just extra hardware for sample playback. The soundchip for computers/consoles more or less went extinct around that time.

In my opinion It wouldn't have hurt the Jag if it would have gotten a real soundchip besides what it has.

• Like 1