IGNORED

Project -L

voltron

Some technical specs, since we didn't get too deep into that on the podcast:

• 1MB RAM, organized as 512K x 16 bits. Accessible via Intellicart and ECS-style bankswitching for new games.
  • 32MB on-board flash. Custom filesystem designed for efficient game storage.
  • MicroUSB 2.0 connection. Supports data rates up to approx 1Mbit with hardware flow control. Uses standard FTDI serial drivers available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
  • Full support for Intellicart, CC3 and JLP based games, including JLP save-game support.
  • Like 7

So does this mean that games that weren't available in ROM format (or ones that were only available in demo formats) will become available in this format for use with this cart?

It means that games like Match 5 that require JLP carts in order to function fully with high score saves, will work with LTO Flash!

Games can be copy protected and be set to ONLY run on LTO Flash! or a SPECIFIC LTO Flash! cartridge. Therefore, we will be much more willing to sell roms for LTO Flash! knowing that they won't be useable on other cartridges or emulators.

• Like 3

Some screen shots for Locutus. This is an early version of the menu that shows the expanded font Joe came up with.

LUI - Locutus User Interface screen shots should be posted by Steve soon.

D'oh. Here we go. The Windows version has a few details about the file system that we may suppress, as it's more internal bookkeeping data than is useful.

Each folder can have up to 255 files in it, and the directory structure (and menu layout) is limited to 4 levels. You can put as many "copies" of the ROM anywhere you want, and you don't need to worry about tinkering with filenames on your Mac or Windows box.

I may have some old demo .swf videos of the Windows version but I'm not sure how entertaining that would be.

post-35516-0-73723300-1405828727_thumb.png

post-35516-0-32728500-1405828854_thumb.png

• Like 2

Those of you who listened to the podcast heard me mention that there are some things on the Mac UI I'm unhappy with. The menu browser behavior is what I mean. It will function correctly, but I'm unhappy with the layout. I hope to improve that in a patch - necessary features and functionality are the primary goal at this point.

Also, the goal is for the Mac to work on OS 10.6 and later, and Windows to work in xp and later - though the setup for xp will be slightly different.

Edited by intvsteve

D'oh. Here we go. The Windows version has a few details about the file system that we may suppress, as it's more internal bookkeeping data than is useful.

Each folder can have up to 255 files in it, and the directory structure (and menu layout) is limited to 4 levels. You can put as many "copies" of the ROM anywhere you want, and you don't need to worry about tinkering with filenames on your Mac or Windows box.

I may have some old demo .swf videos of the Windows version but I'm not sure how entertaining that would be.

BTW, one other technical detail: The custom file system groups all the assets for one game under a single "file"—the game image itself, any save-game data, its manual, and so on. So, that "255 file" count per folder is really a "255 games or subdirectories per folder" limit.

By tying all the assets together under one name, you also don't run into issues lining up manuals with ROM images, BIN/CFG files with mismatching names, etc All that is taken care of when you import your stuff into the GUI, or at least it should be.

The file system is designed to allow very efficient resync'ing with the PC/Mac. For example, suppose you decide to massively rearrange your collection, dragging everything into different folders and so on. When you click "sync", the synchronize operation should go very quickly. It doesn't need to re-upload your games if all you've done is reorganize. It just uploads the shuffled metadata.

The custom filesystem is flash-aware, complete with a custom journaling flash translation layer designed to maximize flash lifetime and minimize overhead for updates. It's fancy enough I may end up using it for other hardware projects down the road. We'll see. :-)

• Like 2

These are excellent news for Intellivision :)

I'll get one for sure :grin: I need to test my games :)

BTW, just I've discovered how Rev's posts have slowly made me accustomed to read unbothered the starting five pages of spam messages :lol:

It looks like I should write a L game to keep busy Rev playing it, but I cannot do it because then: who would write all that spam? :lolblue:

BTW, just I've discovered how Rev's posts have slowly made me accustomed to read unbothered the starting five pages of spam messages :lol:

It looks like I should write a L game to keep busy Rev playing it, but I cannot do it because then: who would write all that spam? :lolblue:

BTW, once we've got LTO Flash out there, perhaps we can see what LTO Flash can do to make IntyBASIC run even better. :-) Also, LTO Flash has lots of goodies (tons of RAM, non-volatile memory support) that would allow you to write the ultimate BASIC game. ;-)

BTW, once we've got LTO Flash out there, perhaps we can see what LTO Flash can do to make IntyBASIC run even better. :-) Also, LTO Flash has lots of goodies (tons of RAM, non-volatile memory support) that would allow you to write the ultimate BASIC game. ;-)

You can count with it :) it would be great to have so much RAM and space for code.

I dont know if u insulted me or give a compliment! :-) Edited by revolutionika