IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Which games support high score function?

These games available for purchase in the AtariAge store:

Armor Attack II

Asteroids Deluxe

Astro Blaster

b*nQ

Beef Drop VE

Crazy Brix

Crazy Otto

FailSafe

Frenzy

Jr. Pac-Man

Meteor Shower

Moon Cresta

Pac-Man Collection

Rip-Off

Scramble

Space Duel

Space Invaders

Super Pac-Man

If the game is listed here, it supports the HSC/XM saving. This includes the upcoming T:Me Salvo and Dungeon Stalker.

• Like 2

These games available for purchase in the AtariAge store:

Armor Attack II

Asteroids Deluxe

Astro Blaster

b*nQ

Beef Drop VE

Crazy Brix

Crazy Otto

FailSafe

Frenzy

Jr. Pac-Man

Meteor Shower

Moon Cresta

Pac-Man Collection

Rip-Off

Scramble

Space Duel

Space Invaders

Super Pac-Man

If the game is listed here, it supports the HSC/XM saving. This includes the upcoming T:Me Salvo and Dungeon Stalker.

Why are certain games highlighted in yellow?

Also with regards to Pokey sound, I'm assuming the "Hokey Pokey" is still on track, yes? Will the initial runs of H2 come with a Hokey preinstalled, or do we solder in our own? I could imagine selling the H2 with Hokey preinstalled alongside a cost-reduced version without it. I have a spare Ballblazer I picked up for $1.99. I wonder if it will still function with the Pokey chip gutted... :P

Will XM-Pokey enabled games run on the H2 with Pokey sound without an XM? I know the address range is a little different but I assume the games detect both ranges. Also if I play an homebrew Pokey enabled ROM on the H2 with an XM, will there be bus conflicts with two Pokeys? Or design an app that could use dual Pokey chips, one at the default range through the H2 Pokey, and one using the XM range on the XM. That would be sweeet...

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Hi...

When its time to begin shipping... I have a webpage setup that all pre-order buyers will submit their current shipping info and supply a copy of their payment email receipt to verify and your order will then be queued as active and you will receive an email with your shipping info and tracking #. I knew this would be a necessary evil to setup to make sure that everyone would be taken proper care of and their orders shipped to their current addresses.

OK, dumb question then, I no longer have the confirmation email, but I have not moved nor changed my email address. Will I need to do anything or just wait till it shows up on my doorstep with the other items I ordered with it?

Who keeps emails for 5 years?

Looked up my order just for grins. I wasn't sure if I held onto it because every so often I do go through my inbox and blow away chunks of items without really looking at what I've deleted.

Order Confirmation from Legacy Engineering Store

Austin Mackert

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 2009959
Date Ordered: Saturday 09 October, 2010
Detailed Invoice:
[removed]

Products
1 x 7800 Expansion Module (PRE-ORDER) (7800XM1) = $89.99
Sub-Total: $89.99
United States Postal Service (1 x 3.50lbs) (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)):
$8.35
Total: $98.34

OK, dumb question then, I no longer have the confirmation email, but I have not moved nor changed my email address. Will I need to do anything or just wait till it shows up on my doorstep with the other items I ordered with it?

Who keeps emails for 5 years?

I have emails going back to 2002 on my Yahoo. In fact I've been using the email account since 2001. Since they made Yahoo unlimted I don't think I've deleted an email in years. forum posts and everything from NintendoAge and AtariAge and other forums I've frequented are still in there. I also have a 1.5Tb hard drive that contains literally every file I've ever downloaded or created on a PC over the past 15 years. You would think the delete key on my keyboard is broken or something. Nope, I'm just a digital packrat... :P

• Like 2

I have emails going back to 2002 on my Yahoo. In fact I've been using the email account since 2001. Since they made Yahoo unlimted I don't think I've deleted an email in years. forum posts and everything from NintendoAge and AtariAge and other forums I've frequented are still in there. I also have a 1.5Tb hard drive that contains literally every file I've ever downloaded or created on a PC over the past 15 years. You would think the delete key on my keyboard is broken or something. Nope, I'm just a digital packrat... :P

I think its a common practice really. I've got email backups going back 25 years actually.

• Like 1

But assuming you have our data on file: basic information, like our names, mailing address, email account, credit-card info, it should be easy for someone in my situation, who for some reason or lack of good reason for not saving, to confirm with your data, without having to provide that specific email with invoice data? Surely, we can cludge through, somehow? :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/?p=3222166

• Like 2

But assuming you have our data on file: basic information, like our names, mailing address, email account, credit-card info, it should be easy for someone in my situation, who for some reason or lack of good reason for not saving, to confirm with your data, without having to provide that specific email with invoice data? Surely, we can cludge through, somehow? :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227889-7800-xm-update/?p=3222166

First and last name should be enough for verification.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything as of yet? I haven't been on AA much recently, and spring is almost over...just wondering if anyone received an email yet about the XM's shipping? The last update sounded like the "final" release date was pretty solid, so I figured I would just check in.

...just call me cautiously optimistic for a change! :)

• Like 1

Predicting that there will be a downward spiral is not helpful. If there is a downward spiral, those responsible will be kicked from this thread without warning...Al

Retracting my vitriol in light of this. Thank you sir.

I just want to say that there are few people in this community that I respect as much as I do Curt. He is totally a stand up guy; if there is a delay you can be sure that it is for a darned good reason.

• Like 1

I just want to say that there are few people in this community that I respect as much as I do Curt. He is totally a stand up guy; if there is a delay you can be sure that it is for a darned good reason.

I have to respect him too.

He's still "here", whereas a bunch of times a pre-order seller has just left never to be heard from again!

Was the project finished as originally planned? No.

Did we want more added for no extra charge? Yep.

Did adding features go too far? Seems to have.

Adding illness and real life, here we are.

Since the Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger I haved loved "adding hardware" which most times = more entertaining content.

It's successful in the PC industry. Upgrade everything = better, faster...

In the commercial video game scene, has there been success? Supercharger died with the crash, Sega 32X? Please... NES had the upgrades in every cart and I sure would not like seeing small runs of expensive carts.

Too long again... Thank you for reading.

I'd like to suggest a favor for the community: Benny or Lynxpro (or whoever,) would you be willing to become the "unofficial spokesperson" and check with Curt on a monthly basis and report back here? This could ease tensions, avoid speculations, and cut down on large groups all asking the same things. Please consider this.

Curt's looking for another source of SIO ports based upon some recent postings over at Facebook.

Thank you for the update! How recent was that?

I'd like to suggest a favor for the community: Benny or Lynxpro (or whoever,) would you be willing to become the "unofficial spokesperson" and check with Curt on a monthly basis and report back here? This could ease tensions, avoid speculations, and cut down on large groups all asking the same things. Please consider this.

How about this novel idea...how about Curt just pops in once and a while, and lets us know what is going on? Wouldn't that be easiest?

As I have said before...it would just be good to hear how things are progressing (or, not progressing)...not every day mind you, but every once in a while would be awesome. ;)

• Like 2