IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

I hope he considers a public plea here at AA for updated addresses from preorder folk. I've moved twice since my preorder and don't do Facebook. Also, Venkman, thank you for relaying the update from Facebook to this thread. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

it may be worth joining Facebook just to ensure you can contact him.
  • Like 1

it may be worth joining Facebook just to ensure you can contact him.

I would rather burn twice the amount of $$$, that was paid for an XM. In fact even if someone offered me thousands of dollars, I wouldn't join.

• Like 12

I would rather burn twice the amount of $$$, that was paid for an XM. In fact even if someone offered me thousands of dollars, I wouldn't join.

That's unfortunate. Your raging would be perfect for FB.

• Like 2

So is it really done Tep392 ?

I don't know what testing Curt may have done, but I don't think any test units have been shipped. I can't imagine he would be shipping final units until some test units have been thoroughly tested.

• Like 2

I can not wait for my XM!! icon_smile.gif

As long as its bug free.. icon_razz.gif

This seems to be the fundamental problem. It is impossible to make it bug free because of the nuances with the various 7800 consoles out there.

• Like 1

Well, Curt posted an update. He’s building XM’s, he says. Posted an hour or so ago in the XM Facebook Group:

9e37f12598066d2f16fbef10e8949f0e.jpg

6 units that will go to some testers I'm sure. That has been said and done before so it's hard to put any stock in that moving the process forward as far as getting the XM's to the masses here on AtariAge that have paid for them. It could happen though. Speaking of which, AtariAge members make up the majority (if not nearly all) of pre-orders so why is this half assed, less than promised update being posted to facebook and not AtariAge? That is unacceptable. When you soil the bed you are responsible to clean it up. Not just hide in a closet and pretend it doesn't smell like shit. We where told to expect both pictures and video of the XM here on AtariAge not some quick text message posted to his post regulated facepalm page 3 months later (over 8 years really but who is counting right?). We all deserve better and more than this.

• Like 2

6 units that will go to some testers I'm sure. That has been said and done before so it's hard to put any stock in that moving the process forward as far as getting the XM's to the masses here on AtariAge that have paid for them. It could happen though. Speaking of which, AtariAge members make up the majority (if not nearly all) of pre-orders so why is this half assed, less than promised update being posted to facebook and not AtariAge? That is unacceptable. When you soil the bed you are responsible to clean it up. Not just hide in a closet and pretend it doesn't smell like shit. We where told to expect both pictures and video of the XM here on AtariAge not some quick text message posted to his post regulated facepalm page 3 months later. We all deserve better and more than this.

Go away, I'm tired of your shitting on the XM and this thread.

..Al

• Like 7

I hope he considers a public plea here at AA for updated addresses from preorder folk. I've moved twice since my preorder and don't do Facebook. Also, Venkman, thank you for relaying the update from Facebook to this thread. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Addressed on FB:

post-8306-0-53131300-1514942336.png

• Like 5

Well congrats to those who have paid for one, but I still don't see what's so special about it?

This is something that actually help Albert out in terms of Super Circus Atariage and Brentley Bear's Crystal Quest. Albert has a tough time getting Pokey Sound chip for putting them into game cartridges due to supply. The problem is caused by Ballblazer and Commando being the only 2 7800 games with a pokey sound chip. I'm sure Froggie has similar problems since it needs a pokey sound chip as a homebrew game.

The XM having the Pokey Soundchip built in actually would eliminate the need of adding a Pokey Sound chip in a game cartridge. That would lower the cost of a 7800 cartridge a little bit on Super Circus Atariage and Brentley Bear's Crystal Quest and also would influence programmers to make more games with a Pokey Sound chip.

• Like 5