IGNORED

SpartaDos X Original Cartridge Reimage

Dropcheck

I am not listed anywhere and prefer not to be in the future ;)

In this day and age all you see is sites and servers that have their data mined both high and low....

For some it is a big deaI and as I am required to keep it that way, not able to take those chances... like many others there are reasons for that...

Trusting that the fellow who wants me to order for him also has to keep such things to himself as well... otherwise he wouldn't have approached me about it in the first place. As this is not a negotiable point for either of us... I stated... We hate to lose but in this case that's the way it's going to be unless something changes or a third party orders for us as a buffer... which by the way is the whole reason behind secondary bank accounts and pay pal for that matter....

Edited by _The Doctor__

Okay....... Update on the website security flap.

I have found a 'free' SSL certificate granter. This will encrypt the immediate session on my website. I have tested it using both Firefox and Chrome browsers. It is working.

I am in the process of changing the urls for my images to the secure url so you will occassionally get an mixed content indication depending on what post page you land on and how far I've gotten. Give me a few days to find and replace all references and test that the images do display correctly. It doesn't affect security since this is passive, but I'm trying to eliminate the fear.

Going forward you will need to bookmark using https://www.bitsofthepast.com

Edited by Dropcheck
  • Like 1

If you use relative URLs instead of absolute (i.e. "/?paged=2" instead of "https://www.bitsofthepast.com/?paged=2") and simply add a redirect to https via .htaccess then you won't need to worry about changes to the domain or protocol. Either way, end-to-end encryption is always a good thing these days, despite what the government tells us...

• Like 2

Time to get your orders in!

No worries as the issues are being addressed.... Hope to see lots of activity and orders over the next few months for Lenore @ bits of the past!

Nice to see care given to every aspect of the projects from creation and ordering to delivery of the product!

Good job!

Update:

The order window for both the cart and pcb versions will close down briefly on March 10th. It should open back up by March 21st. For two reasons, 1. I need to give Panos the final list of EU purchasers so he can section out what will stay with him to be posted and what he will be sending to me for the US and the rest of the world. 2. I will be taking a break and traveling to Az for a week or so and won't necessarily have access to my website to coordinate and answer questions.

That means that after March 10th any orders for the EU will be charged the normal shipping charges which unfortunately are higher than makes sense to me, but I don't run the US postal system. :(

The progress on the SpartaDOS pcb version continues. I hope to have pictures up in a few hours. My camera batteries are charging. ;-) If all goes well with testing then they should be ready by the end of this next week. I hope to ship the single pcb orders out by the end of the month once I'm back from Az. There were a couple EU pcbs ordered so I'll ship those too once I'm back. Otherwise if you ordered both versions, you will get one shipment, so hang on a little longer. Once I recieve the package from Panos, I'll start mailing the rest of the orders.

Also will post pics of the cartridge version labels that Panos sent me. They are nice!

Superb!

Whilst its nothing for me I'm looking at a beautiful finished product and what really impressed was the attention to customer requirements, cyber security these days tends to be a joke and its no fault of people wanting to make sure their details are as safe and secure as can be, so the way you went the mile to help one customer was superb..

Well done there...As I say, the product isn't my sort of stuff these days but its been crafted wonderfully and customers looked after....Just what we all need...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Need some help!

Both Panos and I are looking for a way to seal the KM20 shells reasonably strongly, but because there is a battery involved we need to allow replacement. That means opening the case up eventually. Life of the battery is somewhat less than 8 years or so. How to do it without cracking the shell or your fingers? ;)

Does anyone have a suggestion that he could purchase in the EU or Greece? Or would it be okay to use a hot glue gun?

• Like 1

Completing the Lenore...

Because of the known limitation for both type of enclosures from Polish manufacturer, the (only) center screw isn't enough to keep those strongly closed together. This have as a result a non so structured construction. Of course this have nothing to do with its functionality. I speak purely for the aesthetic side only!

On mine constructions I use epoxy glue perimeter to the brink between the plastics. This give as a result a strong one part cartridge device.

Now on this construction we have a battery who involved, so some time in the future will need to be replaced.

Need some help!

Both Panos and I are looking for a way to seal the KM20 shells reasonably strongly, but because there is a battery involved we need to allow replacement. That means opening the case up eventually. Life of the battery is somewhat less than 8 years or so. How to do it without cracking the shell or your fingers? ;)

Does anyone have a suggestion that he could purchase in the EU or Greece? Or would it be okay to use a hot glue gun?

Because of the known limitation for both type of enclosures from Polish manufacturer, the (only) center screw isn't enough to keep those strongly closed together. This have as a result a non so structured construction. Of course this have nothing to do with its functionality. I speak purely for the aesthetic side only!

On mine constructions I use epoxy glue perimeter to the brink between the plastics. This give as a result a strong one part cartridge device.

Now on this construction we have a battery who involved, so some time in the future will need to be replaced.

Hmmm. Maybe two possible solutions:

1. Every buyer is asked if he/she wants it glued or not

2. All carts are delivered as they are (without glue) and a little manual is included (or a video on YouTube?) how to glue it.

I prefer the second way, because I don´t want it glued - and some other too, I think. Nearly everybody should have a hot glue gun at home. And if not... they can purchased for a few bucks at every hardware store.

Jurgen

Edited by tf_hh

Hey is my lucky day? :-) Ok no problem, lower work for me!!

I was intended to add one drop glue for each side in the midlle (there was the problem), but now I leave those as is, and anyone can do whatever he prefer.

Edited by santosp
  • Like 3

Hey is my lucky day? :-) Ok no problem, lower work for me!!

I was intended to add one drop glue for each side in the midlle (there was the problem), but now I leave those as is, and anyone can do whatever he prefer

Darn I wanted mine glued :P