IGNORED

New Atari BBS software.

tschak909

When using SIDE2 with Ultimate, you should use the PBI BIOS and enable "SIDE Hardware w/button" in the Ultimate BIOS setup screen. You can get the PBI BIOS here. The SDX image (on the same page) contains FDISK, etc, but nothing inherently required to get the HDD to work. If FDISK can't find the adapter, more thank likely SIDE Hardware isn't turned on in the Ultimate menu.

Thanks fjc, SIDE is enabled in U1MB, and do I enable System > Hard Disk... as well (choosing SIDE2) or leave that alone? This is all more confusing than it needs to be I'm sure.

Yes, you do, and specify your VHD, there.

And trust me, it's only weird the first time. Once you see how much faster it is, you'll never ever go back. No joke.

-Thom

OK, so whenever I enable Hard Disk the system stops at Ultimate PBI v1.0 and hangs there. Time to show some setting screens...

http://imgur.com/a/O1gwb

Altirra: System > Console Switches > make sure they're ALL off.

-Thom

Damn it, I remember someone telling me that SDX had to be off, but for a long time it was greyed out. Couldn't figure out why, of course this time it wasn't. Unchecked it and all is well with the world. Thanks all. Please return to BBS talk. :)

guys, PLEASE don't hang up in the middle of a connection. I have no code to handle disconnections yet, and the serial port goes off into never never land when that happens.

-Thom

Oops... guilty as charged! :) I was testing the macros on my terminal program trying to figure out why there is a heart in between each character of my login handle when I use the macro on your new BBS. Not your problem for now as it also does this on Oasis Jr (I think). However, They work fine on Express PRO BBSes. Don't know what the difference is...

Checked in changes to flatmsg code, including test harness, to now use date/timestamps. Also made flatmsg use bbslib.)

Due to the size of flatmsg and the test harness, and the fact that I allocate an 8K block for message creation, PLEASE RUN FLATMSG WITH 'X', or it will crash (and leave open files, keep CLX handy!)

-Thom