IGNORED

Intellivision Homebrew demos at Classic Game Fest

Albert

Greetings,

AtariAge will be managing a large area of classic gaming consoles at the upcoming Classic Game Fest taking place in Austin, Texas on August 16th and 17th. It would be great to have some Intellivision systems setup running some homebrew games. Even better would be to have Intellivision systems that have composite and/or s-video output so I can use them with all my Commodore 1702 and Sony 20"+ TVs I'll be bringing.

So, my questions are:

1) Do any of the Intellivision authors want to show off any of their games? I'd setup an 8" x 10" placard for each game with a brief description of the game and gameplay so people know what they're looking at.

2) Can anyone either modify Intellivision systems for me, sell me systems, or loan me systems with composite/s-video output in time for the show? I have tons of 2600, 5200, 7800 and ColecoVision systems with such modifications, but not a single Intellivision system yet.

Thanks!!

..Al

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

1) Do any of the Intellivision authors want to show off any of their games? I'd setup an 8" x 10" placard for each game with a brief description of the game and gameplay so people know what they're looking at.

Still is it time?

I could prepare a demo of world 1 of Princess Quest, but you would need a Cuttle Cart to run it, and I've to admit still it has not been tested in real hardware...

Greetings,

AtariAge will be managing a large area of classic gaming consoles at the upcoming Classic Game Fest taking place in Austin, Texas on August 16th and 17th. It would be great to have some Intellivision systems setup running some homebrew games. Even better would be to have Intellivision systems that have composite and/or s-video output so I can use them with all my Commodore 1702 and Sony 20"+ TVs I'll be bringing.

So, my questions are:

2) Can anyone either modify Intellivision systems for me, sell me systems, or loan me systems with composite/s-video output in time for the show? I have tons of 2600, 5200, 7800 and ColecoVision systems with such modifications, but not a single Intellivision system yet.

Thanks!!

..Al

Aw man, I wish I could make it down to Austin that weekend. I wonder if intvsteve will be going... ?

I do have a Cuttle Cart 3, although I'm a bit leery about leaving it out at a show of this nature. I'd prefer to have carts of any individual games that would be demoed. However, I don't have the ability to build Intellivision games, although if someone sold me some boards and I had a BOM for the parts, I could certainly do that myself (this is assuming the boards would work in regular Intellivision shells).

..Al

I do have a Cuttle Cart 3, although I'm a bit leery about leaving it out at a show of this nature. I'd prefer to have carts of any individual games that would be demoed. However, I don't have the ability to build Intellivision games, although if someone sold me some boards and I had a BOM for the parts, I could certainly do that myself (this is assuming the boards would work in regular Intellivision shells).

..Al

I see. Well, for next time when Princess Quest is available in cartridge ;)

I see. Well, for next time when Princess Quest is available in cartridge ;)

I have a CC3 as well, and live in the area. I'd like to attend the show and inculcate a couple of my sons on the greatness of consoles past. I'm trying to work out scheduling and other info.

I have a CC3 as well, and live in the area. I'd like to attend the show and inculcate a couple of my sons on the greatness of consoles past. I'm trying to work out scheduling and other info.

Hope to see you there! Are you willing to loan out your CC3? I need to hunt mine down and see if I can find any Micro SD cards..

I have some nice AtariAge lanyards and badge holders. I should see if people would like custom AtariAge badges for the show.

Btw, thanks for teaching me a new word today!

..Al

Wifey doesn't call me 'the lexicon' groundlessly. ;)

I think it comes from the French word "Inculquer". It means "teach"

English is the most impressive language with 500 000 to 1 million of words ! The French one is just behind with around 200 000 to 250 000 words ^^

• Like 1

Still is it time?

I could prepare a demo of world 1 of Princess Quest, but you would need a Cuttle Cart to run it, and I've to admit still it has not been tested in real hardware...

I would gladly have put the game on a Bee3 and shipped it to Al, free of charge. Unfortunately, there isn't enough time to sort it out and then get it over to Al in the time left before the show date :(.

• Like 1

I would gladly have put the game on a Bee3 and shipped it to Al, free of charge. Unfortunately, there isn't enough time to sort it out and then get it over to Al in the time left before the show date :(.

Thanks, Mark! Yep, I read the message a few days ago but I was busy correcting bugs, so I didn't made it in time :_(