IGNORED

Anyone Interested in a Cuttle Cart?

mjarnold7

I'm considering selling my Cuttle Cart....I bought this from Roger (aka Psycho Stormtrooper) years ago fully loaded with games! I have a box for it also. Any offers welcomed, I DO want a good sum for it, so may list on eBay if I have no offers that are high enough....OR may not sell.......I'm torn, sorry...lol...

PM me with any offer...

Thanks!

I used to believe in selling around here to give hobbyists a chance, however I ran into two problems:

1) They wanted items for cheap. Which I didn't mind doing for a while since they were going to good homes, but then...

2) They complained when things were not new or perfect and demanded a certain amount be taken off.

And I think that was when I decided it would be better to sell to strangers for lots of money than to try to sell to people I will be talking to over the years here at Atariage.

I used to believe in selling around here to give hobbyists a chance, however I ran into two problems:

1) They wanted items for cheap. Which I didn't mind doing for a while since they were going to good homes, but then...

2) They complained when things were not new or perfect and demanded a certain amount be taken off.

And I think that was when I decided it would be better to sell to strangers for lots of money than to try to sell to people I will be talking to over the years here at Atariage.

Sounds like you meant well until the buyer realised the product was in worse shape than stated. I'm not sure how complaining about it helps the O.P.

Honestly, you may have a hard time selling it around here as most of us are aware of the LTO Flash! coming soon and are willing to wait for that ... you may have better luck on eBay were there may be some who haven't heard about the new one on the way.

And Loon ... love the new black and white, 8-bit avatar! Nice!

• Like 5

Sounds like you meant well until the buyer realised the product was in worse shape than stated. I'm not sure how complaining about it helps the O.P.

Nope provided pictures and all going into it. The guy knew it was used, still complained later. Just saying, learned my lesson, passing on my experiences.

Sounds like from what we've seen above most true hobbyists either have this, or plan on getting the new flash cartridge coming out.

Me, unless the new flash cartridge has a serial port, I'll hang on to my CC3.

Nope provided pictures and all going into it. The guy knew it was used, still complained later. Just saying, learned my lesson, passing on my experiences.

Sounds like from what we've seen above most true hobbyists either have this, or plan on getting the new flash cartridge coming out.

Fair enough. Was the complaint specifically because it looked used or it didn't function as expected?

LTO Flash! connects to your PC via USB, but will present itself to the OS as a bog standard serial port. It's using an FTDI chipset. intvnut can dazzle you with all the gory details of the hardware spec, should he choose to do so. I'm just a software guy.

One of the use cases for the host PC side UI is to just download and run a ROM from your local file system to the device. This is intended to be a useful mode for game developers, or even if you just have a list of ROMs, your PC always connected to the cart, and don't want to make a menu.

I think most users will make a menu layout, set it up, and occasionally perhaps update it. The intent is for that to be easy, too.

That being said, I'm keeping my CC3 as well. Now, I hope I can remember where my IntelliCart wandered off to... I have the manual and software disc, but can't locate the hardware, and I just used it a couple months ago! Argh!

Edited by intvsteve
  • Like 1

I'm considering selling my Cuttle Cart....I bought this from Roger (aka Psycho Stormtrooper) years ago fully loaded with games! I have a box for it also. Any offers welcomed, I DO want a good sum for it, so may list on eBay if I have no offers that are high enough....OR may not sell.......I'm torn, sorry...lol...

PM me with any offer...

Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a price in mind? It sounds like you at least have a ballpark in mind. The collector in me would be interested in this (regardless of the LTO), but it really all depends on what you think is a fair number. I would be interested to hear what your "ballpark" dollar figure is. :thumbsup:

Fair enough. Was the complaint specifically because it looked used or it didn't function as expected?

Functioned fine. Minor scratches from use that made it "not new". Never claimed it was new, just tested, working, and pictures were provided.

Oh well, I've found a higher resolution camera to use since then. :)

Have to look into the new Flash cart, and while it hopefully has an interface easier to work with the serial port was an important feature of the CC3 for me (ability to dial a BBS and even post a message on here using the Cuttle Cart's serial port was just too much fun earlier this year. ) :D

Personal preference though and just an added feature to the CC3. Most never use the serial port.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

PM me with any offer...

Thanks!

Is it possible to have a picture of the box ? Thanks!