IGNORED

HP calculator for the Atari 8-bit?

fibrewire

I did play with FORTH, and... it's maddening really... on one hand, it can be insanely elegant, in the right disciplined mind...on the other, it's an island unto itself, and literally requires that you do EVERYTHING in it. I spent more and more time building TOOLS, than building the solutions that the tools were going to help solve. ;)

On one hand, I loved it, on the other, I wish it were faster.

-Thom

Unfortunately, my book bag was stolen with all the new books that I just purchased for the courses that I was taking that quarter. Being the poor college student, I was not able to replace it. I still miss it after over 25 years!.

Same for me. I used a 15C 'borrowed' from my dad for my final years in high school (without my maths teacher realizing its power) but then forgot it on an aircraft at my first job and never got it back again.

Got a 15c from the limited memorial edition now as original ones are too expensive.

And you don't even have to worry about batteries - Nice!

But, I'm still partial to the HP-15C :)

You usually don't have to worry about the 15C batteries either. My dad has owned an HP-15C for a long time. He changed the batteries for the second time when it turned 34 a few years back. THAT, is a good battery life.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Should be the knockout (both ALG and RPN):

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Atari%20Calculator

check out the manual here.

Further for the TI-guys from Joerg, now in the US:

http://www.datamath.org/

check out the science submenus

CU

Jesus totally forgot that... good Carol "Mrs River Raid".... cool to see things like Copyright 1979 (!) Atari... we are getting old... :D

@Heaven/TQA

Carol was, is and will ever be far ahead of her time.

Please take into account, that her Calculator is to my knowledge nearly the only one, who has 3(!) modes: RPN, ALG and ALGN...

Even today, try to find one calculator, who can do so!

Atari needed 2(!) years to check, what she has achieved...

Further, her math routines are so outstanding, just see for yourself.

• Like 1

Calculator is from 1979, please see screenshots. It was sold 1981, please look out. Carol left Atari in between those 2 years.

Atari simply didn't got it. Calculator was planed as a cartridge, but was sold on disk. Calculator can save a) programs and b) memory registers separately. So just tell us what sense a MEM.SAV-files does make then with the sold original disk?

Exactly, nothing. Only a stupid ones (Atari management) could produce such a ...

Where did we hear that in 2008, too... ;-)

@fibrewire:

please hold it! Take a look at my post #35, TI has many bugs in their calculators! Even today!!!

http://www.datamath.org/Story/LogarithmBug.htm

http://www.datamath.org/Sci/Modern/TI-30X-PRO.htm

Just 2 out of many(!) examples. TI knows that, but doesn't do anything. Shame on them.

Now, you know the real truth, why all the billions are missing and no one knows where there are... ;-)

HP was much better, but a close look at "forensic" shows different facts.

On the other hand, please take into account, that in those times, there were only a few "bits" available...

The new HP35 from 200x (guess x is 7) is so buggy, can't use them in the science field I am working in.

The HP 50g is bug free!

Carol has introduced a calculator with 3(!) modes: RPN, ALG and ALGN, try to find such a calculator even today!