IGNORED

The hunt for a new Flashback begins NOW

Rev

Thanks! I've been enjoying the pictures of your search. I hope you find something! I just heard that there are at least a couple special editions. The ones I know about are the one at Sam's Club and the Dollar General. The Sam's Club pack seems to be the best of the bunch. Of course, I don't have a Sam's Club membership. :(

Keep up the search!

Heather

I thought it was Costco not Sam's Club. Have I confused them?

Pics or it didnt happen......oh wait.......not again..

Well, I had no luck with Flashbacks. I went to one of the smaller Dollar Generals, so maybe I'll try one of the bigger ones on the Illinois side this weekend.

I DID find these fantastic shoes for Rev! :ponder:

Shoes for Rev

Oh, and you're going to need a bag to go with those shoes! :rolling:

Purse for Rev

Dumb question: If I already have an Intellivision (or two), and a bunch of games and all the ROMs, and I'll be picking up the LTO Flash!, is there any reason I would want to own one of these?

If the ROMs don't come from Intellivision Lives! and/or Intellivision Rocks! or the original carts, then I'd assume that buying the Flashback would make it "legal" (just guessing here) for you to play the ROMs you don't own on the LTO Flash. Probably not an issue for the common games but maybe so for the pricier ones.

Here's some pics of my old TV and "matching" cart I just picked up at an antique store that specializes in 50's-70's Americana. This combo is almost exactly what my best friend had back in the day. During sleepovers, we'd play Intellivision all_night_long. Not much sleep during those sleepovers! ;)

post-13896-0-44076700-1409315847_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-76762500-1409315848_thumb.jpg

post-13896-0-59860300-1409025316_thumb.jpg

...I knew I kept this thing for a reason; pretty nifty little RF modulator! Video out from these new Flashbacks is actually better than what you'd expect to see using the vintage consoles. Well, less interference anyway.

• Like 4

Well, I had no luck with Flashbacks. I went to one of the smaller Dollar Generals, so maybe I'll try one of the bigger ones on the Illinois side this weekend.

I DID find these fantastic shoes for Rev! :ponder:

Oh, and you're going to need a bag to go with those shoes! :rolling:

I bet you bought that stuff for yourself, just trying to play it off as if for me. Lol

Found my two in Porter Ranch. Los Angeles California.

All the other Flashbacks for all consoles have been pulled since then.

A Toys R Us here in Vegas had four. Tried buying one and their register flagged it as a 10/1 release only. They then took all four back into the storeroom.

Except that I live in San Diego, California. And another AA member from SoCal (could be LA or Orange County) posted that he found them as well. I had my choice of 4 Toys R Us stores yesterday, as we were on the road driving around the county. Wound up at the La Mesa store and BOOM. There it was!

This has been a fun post. Thanks for the heads up, I also picked up the Coleco Flashback! :D

The different ToysRUs (also San Diego) had them correctly tagged at $39.99. I had tried to get a price match remembering seeing it some where for $29.99. The Sales Clerk could not find it at the ToysRUs website, nor show any of their authorized competitors. Then the cashier told me they could not ring it up due to not supposed to be out until October! My guess is for all the preorder customers to claim theirs? I stood my ground stating its on the shelf and I want to buy one now. I ended up paying $39.99 and with option of price adjustment later if competitor ad found. I was thrown off by the price since your picture showed it at $29.99, Turns out at your store it was stocked above a CD Boombox price label!

Ah well still happy to get it early, ooooh I am loving to discover Jumpman Jr again was one of my favorites on the Commodore 64. :)

Edited by CRTGAMER

This has been a fun post. Thanks for the heads up, I also picked up the Coleco Flashback! :D

The different ToysRUs (also San Diego) had them correctly tagged at $39.99. I had tried to get a price match remembering seeing it some where for $29.99. The Sales Clerk could not find it at the ToysRUs website, nor show any of their authorized competitors. Then the cashier told me they could not ring it up due to not supposed to be out until October! My guess is for all the preorder customers to claim theirs? I stood my ground stating its on the shelf and I want to buy one now. I ended up paying $39.99 and with option of price adjustment later if competitor ad found. I was thrown off by the price since your picture showed it at $29.99, Turns out at your store it was stocked above a CD Boombox price label!

Ah well still happy to get it early, ooooh I am loving to discover Jumpman Jr again was one of my favorites on the Commodore 64. :)

Yeah, sorry--that shelf price gave a deceptive perception. As you said, it was for an item on another shelf. $39.99 be the price, and congratulations!

Found at <undisclosed location>

Interestingly, the ColecoVision Flashback has a clear sticker sealing it, while the Intellivision unit does not. I didn't inspect all the units at <undisclosed location> to see if this was consistently the case, though.

post-35516-0-80509400-1409103343_thumb.jpg

Edited by intvsteve

Found at <undisclosed location>

Interestingly, the ColecoVision Flashback has a clear sticker sealing it, while the Intellivision unit does not. I didn't inspect all the units at <undisclosed location> to see if this was consistently the case, though.

Dude! Did you buy them? Get some for the guys, or me, here, Im sure we would consider reimbursing you!

That looks like TRU shelving anyway.

Happened to go to Knoxville today so i stopped by Toys R Us and they didn't have any.

My Toys R Us sucks. They didn't have any plug n plays period, no Atari Flashbacks or even the Sega Genesis ones. Lady said they haven't had any in months. I didn't outright ask if they had the Intellivision one, just what isle the plug n plays were on.