IGNORED

Just picked up a box of Intellivision games. Advice sought.

nofrills100

I just picked up a box full of CIB Intellivision games for 50 cents.... Yep 50 cents for the lot! - I couldn't turn it down!

Being a total noob to Intellivision myself, can anyone tell me if there are any rares here? I'm guessing they are all PAL, those I've inspected have stickers inside as well.

Cheers

post-23929-0-44543800-1411700364_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well for 50 cents you certainly did well. :) probably the rarest game there is the French Canadian Sharp Shot, followed by the International Ice Trek, then Pac Man. The Qbert looks to be in pretty good shape, as well as Empire, those are both worth a decent amount. Nothing super rare but some good solid games there, it's just too bad most of them seem to have tape on the boxes.

It looks like the Auto Racing game may be a variant from another country and worth something.

Cmart would know this.......Cmart....Cmart?

Other than that all common games are fun to play yet not worth anything if you are looking to sell.

:) Lol, Dale. The Auto Racing is French Canadian, not particularly rare but still cool.

The French Canadian Sharp Shot is indeed a nice find! I was lucky enough to pick one up recently.

Your Intellivision Inc Sea Battle is a little tough to find, but probably not worth too much especially in that condition. Someone might be interested if you're interested in trading or selling it.

The gatefold Mission X and gatefold Burgertime are kinda rare too, but not worth too much. Too bad they aren't the French Canadian ones ;)

Also, is that Buzz Bombers the gatefold box version?

All in all, it's a great starter set for a gamer. Lots of really fun playable titles in there.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Well for 50 cents you certainly did well. :) probably the rarest game there is the French Canadian Sharp Shot, followed by the International Ice Trek, then Pac Man. The Qbert looks to be in pretty good shape, as well as Empire, those are both worth a decent amount. Nothing super rare but some good solid games there, it's just too bad most of them seem to have tape on the boxes.

Man, you are all over this stuff!

I knew I needed to turn to you if I wanted expert analysis.

The graphics are great. Im still struggling with adapting to the controllers a bit. Im just so used to 2600 sticks...

the big thing to remember is a lot of stuff isnt tap tap your directions like a joystick you hold a direction and then scroll around like you did on an ipod from 2005. If you remember the scrolling it makes some games a lot more playable

I just picked up a box full of CIB Intellivision games for 50 cents.... Yep 50 cents for the lot! - I couldn't turn it down!

Being a total noob to Intellivision myself, can anyone tell me if there are any rares here? I'm guessing they are all PAL, those I've inspected have stickers inside as well.

Cheers

welcome to the darkside. Please take of your coat and stay a while. Once you start hanging out in the intellivision section your gonna realize all the cool people and all the cool shit they do for each other. You may not want to leave. This place is like a drug filled, mind controlling, intoxicating mist. You think you are just visiting and next thing you know you never leave. :D

Had a closer inspection of the haul today and noticed that the French Canadian Sharp Shot is actually missing the cartridge, as are a few others.

I don't know if it is worth it to anyone, but the box for Sharp Shot is in pretty good condition with manual and overlays - I'd be happy to send it to someone for the cost of postage.

Also - JasonlikesINTV - the buzz bombers is gatefold.

I've decided that these are going to ebay - I have too many collections of things already, a pity, but the reality is that I'd rather focus on the 2600.

Cheers

Had a closer inspection of the haul today and noticed that the French Canadian Sharp Shot is actually missing the cartridge, as are a few others.

I don't know if it is worth it to anyone, but the box for Sharp Shot is in pretty good condition with manual and overlays - I'd be happy to send it to someone for the cost of postage.

Also - JasonlikesINTV - the buzz bombers is gatefold.

I've decided that these are going to ebay - I have too many collections of things already, a pity, but the reality is that I'd rather focus on the 2600.

Cheers

That Sharp Shot may do well on eBay. I don't think the cart would make much of a difference, since it used the standard U.S. cart which is easy to find. Just sayin'

Out of curiosity what would someone pay for the starwars game in a good 8 out of 10 box with no overlays or inatructions?

Star Wars never originally had overlays. A boxed version with instructions usually sells for around $10-15.

Here's a decent deal for Star Wars and BurgerTime:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1614343597491?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161434359749&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Condition can add a lot of value, though. A really nice one can run $20-25 and a factory sealed one recently went for around $70+

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Yeah ok, cheers. No instructions with it so it wouldnt be worth selling. IM glad its not worth much. I enjoyed playing it and if it was worth heaps id be keen to sell haha.

If you ever come across a Super Cobra or Tutankham (also by Parker Brothers), now those are worth a bit more

If you love them, they are all priceless ;-)