IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode 13 is now live!

http://intellivisionaries.com/episode-13-las-vegas-poker-and-blackjack/

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack review. Interview with programmer/designer David Rolfe. Classic Gaming Expo 2014 coverage (“IQ” competition, listener ’roundtable’ discussions, and episode recording sessions – all done in Las Vegas). Plus Feedback, News, Mentions and more.

• Like 5

I might have your skip ahead to this episode. Can't wait to hear what Paul did with the footage.

Rick handled the editing on the two 'round table' segments. I haven't even heard them yet myself (only bits and pieces as I put the episode together). So hate mails should be directed to him if there's anything in there you don't approve of!

I know you guys get a kick out of having the longest podcast and everything, but I thought you should know that at least one of your listeners doesn't think that reading spam email to pad things out is as funny as you think it to be. I might not make it through.

I wouldn't say we're *trying* to be long. And of course, not every joke is going to land with every listener. And I don't think we've done a bit where we endlessly read spam where the joke itself turns out to be "how long are they going to keep this up?" (have we?).

That said, I haven't yet listened to the finalized ep13 yet - hope to dig in today.

After listening to a chunk of the episode this morning I see that we did two spam email bits this time. It just goes to show that different people like/tolerate different things. I found some of the musical breaks to be a little long in this one and actually skipped one because I wasn't understanding the lyrics. The spam email jokiness seemed "shorter" to my ear - "shorter" meaning I more or less enjoyed the humor of it and it didn't seem to drag (yes, I know I was there recording it, but it always seems more fun to hear it in the finished product). But if that isn't your thing, I can see how someone would hear the first bit, not like it much, then hear a second bit starting and get frustrated.

• Like 1

I know you guys get a kick out of having the longest podcast and everything, but I thought you should know that at least one of your listeners doesn't think that reading spam email to pad things out is as funny as you think it to be. I might not make it through.

it's really not that difficult to fast forward.......just saying.

It's really easy to hit "delete," too. What's your point?

what's my point? really? Ok, let's go over this: you're listening to a long podcast. The hosts start talking about something that doesn't interest you. You fast forward through that until they stop talking about it. Then you continue listening to the part that does interest you. Problem solved. You're welcome in advance.

It has nothing to do with making the show longer. In fact this was one of our shortest episodes in a while. It's simply because I find it amusing to do these from time to time. It's my sense of humor. Don't blame Rick or Will.

I particularly enjoy it when we get emails from listeners who aren't getting the joke and are trying to explain to us that the emails aren't legitimate (yes, it has happened several times). I find self-deprecation and sarcasm funny. Not all the jokes will fly with every listener. We do what we enjoy, and hope others like it. If not, well that's the way it goes.

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1