IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode 13 is now live!

Nice job guys on the podcast! Really enjoyed listening to it and was the next best thing to actually being there! Hope everyone had a blast! Hope to meet some of you at a future one.

Joe.

Thanks, Joe. Hope you can make a future one as well. We'll see how many Intellivision nerds we can fit in one hotel room!

I really enjoyed this podcast.

I know in the past I complained that the podcasts were took long. In the month prior to CGE, I did a marathon catchup on episodes 4-12.

Now, episode 13 at only 4 hours felt too short. I guess I've switched sides and prefer the long format. :-)

Anyways, hearing the intro music again on my way to work really made me smile.

• Like 1

Funny, my hopefully soon to be ex-wife who has never played intellivision once now wants 50% of it - unbelievable:-( Maybe I let her have a poker & Blackjack & a roulette:-)

Ugh. Joe, give her all the common games and we'll replace them for you. :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I have to hope that she keeps door to my office locked and my 2 small boys or dogs don't get at them. Should she damage them, throw them away, etc. I would have to start litigation to have her fully refund me for all damage + all court costs but I really hope it doesn't come to that for a variety of reasons, not the least of which that value is extremely subjective with collectibles.

I really enjoyed this podcast.

I know in the past I complained that the podcasts were took long. In the month prior to CGE, I did a marathon catchup on episodes 4-12.

Now, episode 13 at only 4 hours felt too short. I guess I've switched sides and prefer the long format. :-)

Anyways, hearing the intro music again on my way to work really made me smile.

Thanks, Lathe! Glad you have come over to the LONG side. Once you go long...

[Rev or Cmart can complete the sentence]

• Like 1

That would be me! I really enjoy their stuff.

We wanted a "vegas-y theme" like the RGR guys do with Viva Las Vegas. So I threw in the Weepies song as an idea, and no one hated it! I think Paul recognized their sound even though he hadn't heard that specific song before.

Edited by Rick Reynolds

That would be me! I really enjoy their stuff.

We wanted a "vegas-y theme" like the RGR guys do with Viva Las Vegas. So I threw in the Weepies song as an idea, and no one hated it! I think Paul recognized their sound even though he hadn't heard that specific song before.

They seem to play their songs a lot in Kohls. Seriously...every time i'm there.

Yeah, I like The Weepies - when the woman sings, not so much the guy. He sounds too much like James Taylor. Ugh!!!

No one cared for my other Vegas-themed song - The Cocteau Twins "Heaven Or Las Vegas"? I'm guessing that's the one Rick skipped because he didn't understand the words. Perhaps it's the occasionally Glossolalia vocal stylings of the vocalist.

With my remixed Altered Images "Happy Birthday" at the end, I'm surprised iTunes didn't yank the episode.

Edited by nurmix

Made it around half way through the episode tonight. The initial round table session was rough. I apologize to anyone who feels I was incoherent and/or sitting too close to the microphone :woozy: It was really fun to do, but I don't think we left the audio editor(s) much to work with. I'm glad we tried it, though. Hopefully session 2 went better. At the time, I kinda felt like we were having some really insightful and intelligent discussion, but after listening to the finished product....well, it sounded more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsroOL-MEk

I also like the British Isles dialect comparison! Hearing each separately made so much sense. I think I melded them all into one for most of my life...oops, they're back together again. Apparently I do the same with Canada. Cmart sounds exactly like the guys from Strange Brew. Dead on :grin: