IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Its been a long time since I been back to this thread, having sold both my Concerto and 7800 to Swami, who I believe is still enjoying them. I still enjoy all the 7800 games but now i play them on my Raspberry Pi.

Wonder if there was ever any word from Fred or if any of the concerto problems were ever resolved with new firmware?

Before i left the scene, he had some personal problems to attend to, but promised to get back to the Concerto. Did he?

There were also words of other 7800 flash-carts in the works...anything ever become of those?

Its been a long time since I been back to this thread, having sold both my Concerto and 7800 to Swami, who I believe is still enjoying them. I still enjoy all the 7800 games but now i play them on my Raspberry Pi.

Wonder if there was ever any word from Fred or if any of the concerto problems were ever resolved with new firmware?

Before i left the scene, he had some personal problems to attend to, but promised to get back to the Concerto. Did he?

There were also words of other 7800 flash-carts in the works...anything ever become of those?

Cleaned up the 7800 inside and out, added a new cover and had a UAV board with S-video done by H454. Still no POKEY or any carts over 148k playing on the Concerto, more or less everything else still seems to play.

Thanks for the update. Doesn't sound like things have gotten better in the 7800 world. It sounds like Fred just abandoned the Concerto. Maybe a working flashcart will eventually come about from someone else.

Swami, sounds like you really made the 7800 look and run nice. It was my second 7800 I owned and kept it because it did work with the concerto, somewhat, like you said and I experienced the Pokey never did. I had even offered to send it to Fred so he could try and fix the Concerto but he never responded.

I know you had problems working on your Sony TV, did you figure out the problem?

...you can always go emulator, like I did!

I like my concerto. It plays 2600 games flawless and I never had a 2600 multicart.

It plays some 7800 games. Happy to have something of a 7800 sd cart as there are zero multicarts on the market for probably what 15 years till then so I had to get one.

After some frustration and sone learning I am still happy with my purchase.

I hope Fred is ok.. A divorce can be a real stressfull time.

I like my concerto. It plays 260 games flawless and I never had a 2600 multicart.

It plays some 7800 games. Happy to have something of a 7800 sd cart as there are zero multicarts on the market for probably what 15 years till then so I had to get one.

After some frustration and sone learning I am still happy with my purchase.

I hope Fred is ok.. A divorce can be a real stressfull time.

the number of 7800 games it cant play can be counted on one hand. Thats in line with the same relative compatibility rates of all of Krikzz sega and Nintendo as carts.

the number of 7800 games it cant play can be counted on one hand. Thats in line with the same relative compatibility rates of all of Krikzz sega and Nintendo as carts.

That wasn't my experience.

Anyone want to buy mine? I have never even used it. Or should I cut the extra pins off?

Knock yourself out.

Cutting the pins is the only option anyone has at this point. It truely is the most logical solution to a stubborn multi! It saves time loading 7800 games and crashing.

I might try grinding the even pins off then buying another and grinding the odd pins off. Maybe grind even AND odd pins off first? My dremel has a mind of it's own maybe will ask it. I need to test all methods to be sure what will get me 1000% compatibility.

We have tried freezing. What about deep frying? Boiling? I should have asked for one sunny side up.

• Like 1

I know i would like a working option. Im missing a decent chunk of 7800 games. Unless of course more multicarts are made. That last one i got was awesome and i fi ally was able to play ninja golf and mean 18.

That is an interesting concept. I wonder if it would be a lot easier for AA to release a POKEY megacart with the apprx. ten POKEY 7800 games on it in a more permanent bank-switching cart format, thus reducing the POKEY burden.

DK PK

DK XM

BBCC

SuperCircus AA

Froggie

Beef Drop

BallBlazer?

Commando?

Others I've forgotten (not new requests)?

Everyone would buy them all anyway, if it weren't for the send-in-your POKEY hindrance. I think it stops impulse buys.

• Like 2

That is an interesting concept. I wonder if it would be a lot easier for AA to release a POKEY megacart with the apprx. ten POKEY 7800 games on it in a more permanent bank-switching cart format, thus reducing the POKEY burden.

DK PK

DK XM

BBCC

SuperCircus AA

Froggie

Beef Drop

BallBlazer?

Commando?

Others I've forgotten (not new requests)?

Everyone would buy them all anyway, if it weren't for the send-in-your POKEY hindrance. I think it stops impulse buys.

I have a 4-in-1 PokeyCart (DKPK, Froggie, BBCQ, Super Circus) I don't think more than 4 is possible (unless you do the mateos multicart).

• Like 3