IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

So how many checksums are in MESS? Harmony BIOS uses md5 for some games so there's no reason why I couldn't do that for Concerto too, provided there aren't too many.

156, with some of those being bios roms. The file uses crc and sha1, rather than md5 though.

• Like 1

156 may be manageable. I believe we used md5 for its code size. Finding and running md5 on them is an easy task, but locating them all and making sure they are the correct files is not particularly.

I'd only use md5 for the games that lack a78 headers and do not detect right. There may not be many (if any?) There were only a handful for Harmony that needed md5.

Here's a list of original games that use a non-standard banking method.

Ballblazer POKEY Chip

Ballblazer (PAL) POKEY Chip

Commando POKEY Chip

Comando (PAL) POKEY Chip

Impossible Mission on cart RAM

Impossible Mission PAL on cart RAM

Jinks on cart RAM

Jinks PAL on cart RAM

Plutos (prototype) on cart RAM

Rescue on Fractalus (prototype) on cart RAM

Sirius (prototype) on cart RAM

Summer Games on cart RAM

Winter Games on cart RAM

Double Dragon (Activision banking)

Double Dragon PAL (Activision banking)

Rampage (Activision banking)

F-18 Hornet (Absolute Banking)

F-18 Hornet PAL (Absolute Banking)

If you need the BIN files let me know.

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

Concerto is still on track for a PRGE (pre-) release. I have ordered 30 boards for the show.

The firmware may not be 100% finished then, if so they will be sold with the understanding that updates will be available later. What you will get is a functional cart, though, and more features will be added in time. HOKEY will not be ready, so carts will be sold with an empty socket, where you can add your POKEY chip or wait for HOKEY to become available.

• Like 9

Concerto is still on track for a PRGE (pre-) release. I have ordered 30 boards for the show.

The firmware may not be 100% finished then, if so they will be sold with the understanding that updates will be available later. What you will get is a functional cart, though, and more features will be added in time. HOKEY will not be ready, so carts will be sold with an empty socket, where you can add your POKEY chip or wait for HOKEY to become available.

That is fine, I have tubes full of the originals. :)

• Like 1

I know what I'll be doing with that spare Ball Blazer with torn label I paid $2.00 for at Game-X-Change. ;)

I also have a minty CIB BB as well for actual playing.

One small request on the Concerto, assuming after PRGE you sell some more without the Pokey: Ship the label loose so we don't have to damage it opening the cart to install the Pokey chip...

I live too far to go to PRGE but I will buy as soon as this is available to the rest of us.

Why oh why do I have to live in the Midwest. :mad:

... or I in South Florida... :(

Not to go off topic, but it's funny that there was nothing in the NY area when I lived on Long Island for 41 years, but now that I'm down here in FL for the past 5 years I've seen a few events up there that I wanted to go to :mad:

Back on topic - looking forward to the Concerto! ... *needs to find a few Pokeys

EDIT - Misspelled Pokey as 'Porkey'

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

This makes me very happy.

Any idea on outside ballpark release dates for public sale and/or final purchase cost? (I'd like to know how much to save up, and how much time I have to do so!)

• Like 1

... or I in South Florida... :(

Not to go off topic, but it's funny that there was nothing in the NY area when I lived on Long Island for 41 years, but now that I'm down here in FL for the past 5 years I've seen a few events up there that I wanted to go to :mad:

Back on topic - looking forward to the Concerto! ... *needs to find a few Pokeys

EDIT - Misspelled Pokey as 'Porkey'

post-7107-0-89616200-1443815573_thumb.jpg

:P

• Like 4

A bit to far away for England................