IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

3 minutes ago, alortegac said:

Apologies for my ignorance, what could you achieve by adding the pokey to the concerto?

Would it be able to replicate Commando, Ball Blazer or such games sounds?

Thanks!

Yes, I will allow for POKEY sounds in the two POKEY Retail games and also homebrews that use the POKEY CHIP. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, alortegac said:

Apologies for my ignorance, what could you achieve by adding the pokey to the concerto?

Thanks!

Yes, you will be able to play Ballblazer and Commando with full original POKEY sounds, but more importantly, you will be able to play and test the demos, hacks and re-writes that use POKEY as well. Also, most of 7800 homebrew authors provide late-build/near-final binaries or almost-complete demos of their games to test and try out on real hardware. And as he has posted above Tep392 will provide a binary for people who have already purchased Donkey Kong PK from him (which I have, so I will be PM’ing him this afternoon after work for the binary). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I'll keep posted during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) for the next batch to be put out, then I'll have all the time to snag one up, if that's what it takes then so be it I'll do it.

....and in case that doesn't work out I'll try next week as I have already asked my work to take next Wednesday off unpaid (mainly due to my SSDI-mandated salary cap issues) but also so I can finally get one, as I can't wait to premiere the all-new 7800 Edition of The Atari Report either in January (hopefully) or February along with the 8-Bit Edition of TAR.

Have you not noticed how many people have replied and reacted to this thread showing complete distain for everything you have posted here? You only serve to take away from this conversation and the enjoyment it brings to others. Mentioning "The Atari Report" is laughable as those videos are nothing more than a cringe compilation. The viewership alone should have gotten you the hint long ago that it's not working for you in the exact same way your postings here are not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'll keep posted during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) for the next batch to be put out, then I'll have all the time to snag one up, if that's what it takes then so be it I'll do it.

....and in case that doesn't work out I'll try next week as I have already asked my work to take next Wednesday off unpaid (mainly due to my SSDI-mandated salary cap issues) but also so I can finally get one, as I can't wait to premiere the all-new 7800 Edition of The Atari Report either in January (hopefully) or February along with the 8-Bit Edition of TAR.

This is why God created smart phones and bathroom breaks.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, alortegac said:

Thanks!

Forgive my ignorance but are you guys saying it may be time for me to track down a pokey chip for my incoming concerto so I can enjoy full sound functionality?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lectronimo said:

I asked Batari the same thing. The board does have a socket on it so you can just plug in your POKEY chip and it will still fit in the shell. I did not ask about the screw being exposed, or if you would need to cut (or peel back) the label to get to the screw.

The carts come with the label unapplied, so you can put your POKEY chip in the socket and reassemble, then apply the label yourself.

You can probably opt to not install the screw if you'd like and just let the snaps hold the cart together, as I believe CC2 was released that way and it seems to function alright without it (correct me if I am wrong.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tep392 said:

This is probably a good place to announce this.  Anyone who has purchased a Donkey Kong XM or PK cart from me can have a copy of the binary to run on their Concerto cart.  Just PM me with your request.

Would this apply to Dragonfly owners, too? Thanks!

2 hours ago, batari said:

POKEYOne should work in theory, though I am not sure if it will fit inside a shell. If anyone tries it, let me know.

I have a pokey one chip that I can test with when my Concerto arrives.

Also, you are correct that the CC2 did not use a screw to hold the case together.

Mitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, hizzy said:

Would this apply to Dragonfly owners, too? Thanks!

Concerto, Dragonfly, emulation, whatever you want to run it on. :) My primary motivation is to give all the people who bought the XM version years ago an opportunity to play on hardware with POKEY sound, now that we will have SD carts widely available. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, tep392 said:

This is probably a good place to announce this.  Anyone who has purchased a Donkey Kong XM or PK cart from me can have a copy of the binary to run on their Concerto cart.  Just PM me with your request.

I got both carts  

For people who are so offended by Ray's posts, please put him on ignore and please don't quote, so other people will still have to read it.

I am not going to ban him from the thread, that would not let him see new announcements for sales.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I am not going to ban him from the thread, that would not let him see new announcements for sales.

In all fairness, That seems like a more than reasonable consequence. Other users (myself included a couple times) have got the boot for far less disruption in other threads. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alortegac said:

Thanks!

That is exactly what it's for, in addition to many homebrew games which support Pokey. TIA is only two channels, and is missing a LOT of notes in the musical scale. With a few exceptions, Pokey is needed for games to not sound like flatulence and blips.

19 hours ago, Lectronimo said:

I asked Batari the same thing. The board does have a socket on it so you can just plug in your POKEY chip and it will still fit in the shell. I did not ask about the screw being exposed, or if you would need to cut (or peel back) the label to get to the screw.

My Concerto came with the label loose in the packaging. The screw is exposed. The label is available for once the cartridge is in its final configuration.

Even though I installed a Pokey already, I am not adhering it until I am sure it's complete.

Edit: Even thought I attempted to refresh this page, the answers didn't populate until I submitted. Sorry for the repeat. I don't know that the first question was answered though.

Edited by darryl1970
  • Thanks 1